Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:19 PM
First skin...please be gentle
This is my first attempt at skinning. I tried to create Legolas from LOTR. Please be gentle
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:23 PM
I almost forgot
Not sure if you can see from the picture, but he does have the braid
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:32 PM
Very nice. Did you do the hair yourself, if so How did you make the braid?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:45 PM
Beautifully done. I love the braid. I think you might have his face a bit too long.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 3:49 PM
Thanks
Thanks ativalacy01. Actually I used the female style with the braid and the male style that has the shaved area and put them together. I had to resize the braid, so I think that's why it doesn't show very well. The back is not as long as the character in the movie, but like I said, I'm totally new so don't understand all of the meshing techniques and stuff. I'm going to keep working on it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:02 PM
Pretty good for a first attempt I like it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:07 PM
Slight fix
Thanks guys. Sagana, I think you're right about the face. Tried to make it a bit shorter. I think it's getting closer

Now if I could just get the clothes right.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 4:33 PM
Aragorn
My daughter Taylor is getting into skinning too. Here's her first attempt at Aragorn. She wants wavier hair for him though. We haven't tried to make it yet.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 8:01 PM
Phew, I'd need a fan or something if I was going to spend much time studying him in detail

I do think the face is closer. Between doing the face and that complicated outfit, this is a really big project Here's a wonderful site that has a lot of detail about how to make his costume. If you haven't already seen it, maybe it'll help:

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr...m#general_shots

I think you might want to work on getting the darker olive and lighter spring greens in the two-toned tunic in the right places so the definition between elements is clearer. That might help you figure out what else you need But I dunno - this project would be too much for me. You're doing great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 4:56 AM
I think I'm giving up
Well it's not even close to perfect, but I think this is as good as he's going to get. Maybe I'll try someone else. Thanks for the great link to look at the clothes. Much luv!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 6:34 PM
That is good for a first attempt. And your daughters Aragorn is pretty good, too. Keep it up.