Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:49 AM
An Idea for More Complex Skintones
One of the details I loved in the Sims 2 was the ability to have weird skintones with more than one shade, like the animal skins like they have over at Genesims http://genensims.com/skins/furry_01.htm

But now in the Sims 3 with no real way to edit the skintone other than one main color, will skins like those be doable after more creation tools are made.

The only way I can see it being done since even the skintone selector doesnt seem to have room for custom skintones. is to create a full facemask with the desired custom skintone, covering up all of the face, and if there is a way do the same with the body, but instead use the Accessories tab to place them in. That way if I'm correct you could edit each different part of the skintone with all the colors availible, not just lighter and darker.

I havent mingled with the Sims 3 modding tools to know if this can be done though. I'm NOT asking for a request. I'm just wondering if this is a possible way to do it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM
Actually I've been thinking in the same direction but using costume makeup to make more detailed and personal face skin tones. I assume that with a proper alpha layer that reflects this you could be able to paint the entire face any way you like it. (Which isn't turning out to be such a successful experiment.) I got this assumption from laying the tiger costume makeup over the UV map for the face and it matched up perfectly... However, the entire body seems to be a different task and so far, all anyone is able to create is default skin tones. I wouldn't give up hope, the advances in Sims 3 modding are coming along quite quickly. Unfortunately its not quite as easy as Sims 2 for appearance changes.

You Can't Run from the SUPER ONE
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:09 AM
Do you think there will ever be made new skintones that's not default? I don't know anything about all these complicated methodes to make CC, but is it possible? I want a wolf-sim (like in the link) but I also want the maxis skins :P

ingeborgsk
Mother Function
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:26 AM
It'll be a while for non-defaults to come out. I don't think anyone has succesfully gotten a completely new stand-alone object in the game. Everything has to either replace something that already exists in the game or "copy" and/or "borrow" from an object in some shape or form.

Patience, it's coming

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:58 AM
oh good

evyonne circle