Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Warlord : 1st Jan 2005 at 9:31 PM.
Default WSF robot available NOW!
i'm getting a little bored of doing halflife2 stuff so i started something different today, something that i like.. ROBOT!
a nano assembled robot available in different colors, some transparent parts, custom clothes and who can gain more power capacity by doing sport.
fortunately it will be light enough to be able to swim without sinking.
the nanites inside it will be able to use food and water to produce energy and replacement of damaged parts.
also it will be able to extend it's shape to grow while the nanites makes new cover material.
also it will be fully sexually functionnal and will be able to woohoo with other robots or sims, the male version will use the nanites to inseminate womens and maybe create a sim half robot half human, as for the female version she can use any sim male genetic material to do the same thing.
unfortunately the Bioenergy power core does'nt last forever and the robot can decay and cease to function after some time.

yeah, that's for the little story lol

here's a screenshot for now, i'm done for today lol :p
http://thesims2.ea.com/sims2_exchan...usr_image_3.jpg
the skin is about 40% done :p
i need to add MUCH more details and change some colors, write some stuff, make the eyes, the teeths, the eyebrows..
i think i'll finish tomorrow :p
maybe i'll write 2005 on it lol

check my simpage for stuff like halflife 2 sims and my WSF robot! : click!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Warlord : 31st Dec 2004 at 11:46 PM.
err no that's impossible, i dont think i could do better than you :p

honestly i was inspired by I robot.. it's been a week i was thinking about making my own robot because i was seeing two nice robots in the exchange and when i saw your awesome work it made me want to start making one NOW! lol :p

my other inspirations are (even if it's not showing in that preview yet) deus ex (nano technology.. oooh shiny!), terminator 3 (an endoskeleton showing under the transparency of the skin maybe :p) and a little of my own imagination lol
i also drawed some robots for my (dying? >.< i should update one day... lol) sci fi webcomic http://wsfwarl0rdc.free.fr/robotz.jpg

Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 11:50 PM
Wow, Warlord your robot skins are great I look forward to being able to download them soon.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 4:34 AM
I think it needs some robot kinda hair. Like Metal dred locks or something.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 4:59 AM
I can't wait.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:07 PM
it's done!
the Version 1.0 is available for download
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...asset_id=145453
:p
also here's a screenshot i couldn't upload on the exchange
i'll use thoses hairs to make fiber optic hairs
and she's wearing one of the t shirts i made some times ago
i'll need to make clothes for all ages

and i'll make different skins colors sooo if you have a suggestion about what colors i should use you can tell me :p
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 6:41 PM
Nice shot up there. She looks deactivated for a while.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jan 2005 at 9:34 PM
i tried to do fiber optic hair but... i think it's ugly.. maybe i should try to make cables like that cable in this screenshot, with the dreaded hair..
Screenshots

Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 2:09 AM
For another skin color, you could use grey or copper where you have white now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 10:31 AM
ooh yeah good idea :p
i also thought about making all the white parts black
i mean, i'll only change the white because the other parts are supposed to be functional and cant be changed, but the white parts is the skin of the robot, i also thought about making it look like transparent and we could see some pieces inside like wires, power reactor and metal skeleton.. but tomorrow there's school again >.<
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2005 at 5:12 PM
Could you please post the robot here? I can't get on the oficial Exchange.
Public Enema #2
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 12:46 PM
Uhohh,
Your beautifull Robot cought the infamous Kaz Eye Brows nano Virus. SimDroid is plagued by this sneeky little invisible bug too.
Eve aka Kaz Eye Brows Eve aka Kaz
WSF WARLORD Eye Color WSF Robot Eyes
WSF WARLORD Skin Tone WSF robot
WSF WARLORD Full Body Nude clothes
Public Enema #2
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 1:26 PM
Craps, WSF Robot was a full 5 stars yesterday and the top of the list now she has droped, aparently again. This HAS to be those weenie Ratehaters. assets don't jump that fast just from the modifyed maxis system. Please don't let these jerks get to you. Theres only a hand full of them and they will expend all there rating power in the first week, then she will move back to the top 5 list where she rightly belongs. Try to think of this as a compliment, these weirdos only attack the best assets...
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 1:50 PM
great warlord and I really like the discription on the sims 2 home site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 6:10 PM
lol kaz eyebrow, i cant even see who made that

yeah i noticed the drop, but there's still gordon on the top ;p

i'll upload it here
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:45 PM
Hi
Can you please try to make an I'ROBOT skin :cata:
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:57 PM
If these great robot skins keep appearing whos gonna stop AI's taking over the world?!

Chriz, there's an excellent IRobot skin made by DumBblOndE here: -link-
J
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 9:33 PM
ok jamier01
Public Enema #2
#19 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 1:50 PM
Robo Hair. Warlord check this link out: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...asset_id=126633
I've always been impressed by gavlasck's robotic hair helmet effect. with shadings and highlights worked simularly this opens up a few robotic looking artificial hair style effects. i keep meaning to try making some hair/helmets but just never get around to it. Probibly because working with all the shells in hair meshes makes me want to scream :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Warlord : 5th Jan 2005 at 6:59 PM.
someone must hate me..
i uploaded my robot in the download section and it's not there..
(like last time when i uploaded gordon freeman...)
ooh and thesims2 website has AGAIN technical problems... >.<

Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
Robo Hair. Warlord check this link out: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...asset_id=126633
I've always been impressed by gavlasck's robotic hair helmet effect. with shadings and highlights worked simularly this opens up a few robotic looking artificial hair style effects. i keep meaning to try making some hair/helmets but just never get around to it. Probibly because working with all the shells in hair meshes makes me want to scream :P

XP Wow, I didn't know that anyone had looked at my/our Maxis-hosted Sims 2 skins page. My sister put a lot of effort into the RAcaseal skin, and hopes to eventually get around to making more cast/caseal robot skins. I just wish I knew of a way to apply the reflective or shiny overlay to skins.... an all-shiny robot sim would be eye-scarringly cool.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 11:10 PM
I could only get the robot skin to work with teen and adult, elder, toddler, and child all have clothes that overlay it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jan 2005 at 3:17 AM
that's because it didn't come with null clothes for elders, todelers, and children.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 9:57 PM
I like it better without hair. Awesome job btw!!
Public Enema #2
#25 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yangn
XP Wow, I didn't know that anyone had looked at my/our Maxis-hosted Sims 2 skins page. My sister put a lot of effort into the RAcaseal skin, and hopes to eventually get around to making more cast/caseal robot skins. I just wish I knew of a way to apply the reflective or shiny overlay to skins.... an all-shiny robot sim would be eye-scarringly cool.

I have RAcaseal bookmarked with the other robots etc on my widdle SimPage. I advertise the bookmarks all over as a Sci-Fi resource so she gets quite a bit more notice then most :-)
Page 1 of 2