Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:54 AM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 12th Aug 2005 at 9:06 PM.
Default Asian Skins
I am posting this because I have seen many people post saying that they think oriental sims are especially hard to make. I have been working on making sims of all races (and making them into townies with simpe, currently) so I can have more diversified neighborhoods. And I don't think the oriental ones are particularly hard-just more time consuming to perfect. Here are some pictures of just a few of my more recent oriental sims. If anyone likes them, and if there is interest, I will (attemt) to upload them. I usually don't share my work-because I honestly don't think I am very good. However, you be the judge. I am also working on some oriental silk clothing. It has a slight shiny effect when you have your graphic settings on high or medium. I'm working on oriental toddler clothes now, because I haven't really seen any around.

Edit: skintone: Allan Akbar, "flower" Hair Pronupsims

Screenshots

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:01 AM
These are pretty good looking, particularly the little kid....but I like em all.
Good job!
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:01 AM
I don't think there so hard to make. Yours are very nice indeed but you must be careful to get the side view right.I can't tell with yours but they do look very nice from the front view.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:12 AM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 8th Feb 2005 at 2:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by el1090
I don't think there so hard to make. Yours are very nice indeed but you must be careful to get the side view right.I can't tell with yours but they do look very nice from the front view.

You mean the profile? Do you want me to go in and take some profile pics?

Edit: pic added, is this what you mean?
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:15 AM
Yes I agree with el1090 the profile is important. SlyVenom gives a good example of what looks to me like a good Oriental/Asian face in the other thread.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:19 AM
very good. thanx.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:21 AM
Oh yes you've got it right. I think she looks perfect myself thanks for showing these to us.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by semloh
Yes I agree with el1090 the profile is important. SlyVenom gives a good example of what looks to me like a good Oriental/Asian face in the other thread.

I looked at his face, and none of the oriental students at my school have features anything close to that. Maybe it is because they are young-maybe his is meant to be an older face. (We have very many foriegn students at my school, particularly chinese, japanese, and thai-not so many european and a few african)

Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:24 AM
where can we download these i love them!!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:25 AM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 8th Feb 2005 at 2:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by el1090
Oh yes you've got it right. I think she looks perfect myself thanks for showing these to us.

Do you want to see any other of the profiles? (If there is a particular sim you are interested in)

Edit: also relevant, a skin I am working on, scroll to the last post in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...2094#post222094

It's an oriental dress for toddlers, I'm not quite finished yet because a very tiny bit of the red from the dress shows up on the right thumb. But as I said earlier, if you have your graphics setting on medium or higher it has a silky sheen.

Edit 2:
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
where can we download these i love them!!!

They are not anywhere yet, I was posting pictures to ask if anyone would be interested in me putting them up for download, as it says in my original post

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:51 AM
very nicely done. I like them
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:58 AM Last edited by SlyVenom : 8th Feb 2005 at 9:53 PM.
*edit*
I quoted my OG post so those who miss the thread it was in can see what we're talking about.

Quote: Originally posted by SlyVenom
I made a sim with very distinct chinese features,
roughly based off of Bruce Lee.

The only custom part I used was the black eyes from the sexy pack,
but those could be easily substituted with the standard brown eyes/

The master himself.

Quote: Originally posted by BlackKat13
I looked at his face, and none of the oriental students at my school have features anything close to that. Maybe it is because they are young-maybe his is meant to be an older face. (We have very many foriegn students at my school, particularly chinese, japanese, and thai-not so many european and a few african)

He was modeled roughly after Bruce Lee, and is definatley an older chinese male.
Unfortuantly he looks terrible as a toddler or child in Body Shop.
I didn't want to go with a generic 'asian' so i've been working on very distinct looking asians, starting with Chinese Males.
I''m currently working on one based off of Rongguang Yu.

I do think your asian children look fantastic though, how do they look as adults?
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:02 AM
I just left a message on 7en7's thread. I have many oriental sims but casual closes are hard to come by.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:07 AM
yes iam intrested blackcat please put them up!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:10 AM
why do so many of us make typing errors. I'm very glad i'm not alone in that. I think over half the treads I go on it happens. but I must admit I probably do it more than most
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SlyVenom
He was modeled roughly after Bruce Lee, and is definatley an older chinese male.
Unfortuantly he looks terrible as a toddler or child in Body Shop.
I didn't want to go with a generic 'asian' so i've been working on very distinct looking asians, starting with Chinese Males.
I''m currently working on one based off of Rongguang Yu.

I do think your asian children look fantastic though, how do they look as adults?

Oh yes, I do see a much stronger resemblance between your sim and Bruce Lee than I do between he and the students at my school. It is indeed hard to make an adult sim look older, because their "older" features will be passed on to their children, which is why I give mine smooth features. Whenever I make an adult, I look and see how they will look as a toddler and child as well. I age the children too adults and make sure their features are not warped as well. And I did age the kids into adults. Here are their pictures. I personally very much like the girl, I think she is very unique.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#17 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:42 AM
They are like Southeast Asian skin tone ...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
They are like Southeast Asian skin tone ...

It's Allan Akbars asian skin tone, but if you got them in to body shop you could change them into any of your own custom skin tones before putting them into the game. Do you have any web site to recomend that has any good asian skin tones?

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackKat13
Oh yes, I do see a much stronger resemblance between your sim and Bruce Lee than I do between he and the students at my school. It is indeed hard to make an adult sim look older, because their "older" features will be passed on to their children, which is why I give mine smooth features. Whenever I make an adult, I look and see how they will look as a toddler and child as well. I age the children too adults and make sure their features are not warped as well. And I did age the kids into adults. Here are their pictures. I personally very much like the girl, I think she is very unique.

They definatley look good as adults.
Very well rounded sims. :D
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:58 AM
If you go to the Asian sites, the ones that are based in China and Korea and the like....those sims are all very Asian, and VERY good looking. I've found that it all really boils down to custom skintones, complete w/ fancy shading effects and remarkable details. For those Asian sims I've downloaded from these sites, once I remove their custom skins, the sims go straight to looking white, hispanic, whatever. So a successful skintone is definitely going to help LOADS. Just my opinion...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:59 AM
No actually,

Personally, I have problems seeing sims as real people. :p

For example, even though the skin color may be very closed, the noses are not correct, or the chin, or the cheekbone ...

Usually I spent many hours trying to create a face and then gave up ... :p

However, I think (I can be wrong) Koreans and Japanese seem to have "whiter" skin than those Southeast Asians.
And their noses are very different as well.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 4:18 AM
I made these with help of two asian girls from my school. Sirine (I'm not even going to attemt to spell her last name) from Thailand, and Iyo from Japan. The skin tone looks very much like Sirine's ( really need to ask her how to spell her name-I spelled it with mostly "e"s before, and she said "No, only one "e", so I use "i"'s now, but I'm still not sure it's correct-it's pronounced see-ri-nee) Anyhow, the facial features were based on theirs (For the adults and teens) they are 21, and 23 year old women. The childen are based upon pictures of relatives, and the men-well, I just began designing, and they told me what to change until it began something they thought was an attractive man, so I dunno how accurate they are. They were made mostly for what two young oriental women were attracted to...LoL

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 5:50 AM Last edited by DumBblOndE : 8th Feb 2005 at 5:52 AM.
Well .. i think you just have to get the details of certain features correct to make a realistic facial trait.. There are many types of asian faces and Skin tones ... this is a sim reproduction of a friend mine, I can say it looks almost exact...

oh yes and she is of asian decent..

ps ps.. the skin tone i used was a light skintone..
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:37 AM
I made an Asian sim for a contest at another forum. It was for a site model. Even though I didn't win, I liked her. I'm not sure how accurately "Asian" she looks, I was just happy with the fact that she looked different than most of my other sims. But, feel free to comment. BTW, Kat, your sims look awesome! :D

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

~Groucho Marx~
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:52 AM
angeliquita that sim is very beautiful if nothing else. i'd love to download her.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Threadcromancy.
Page 1 of 7