Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:46 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Sep 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Default Need help testing cloned packages - additional test package added
Some people are having problems with clothing cloned with my CAS/Mesh Tools cloning tool. They report certain cloned items make their game crash when they select it and/or when they change to another item after selecting it. Unfortunately this seems to affect only some people and not others, and I don't get any crashing with the same cloned packages so testing is difficult as you can imagine!

I'd appreciate it very much if as many people as possible could test the two packages in the attached zip download. They're a clone of the PartyVelvet hat done by MyreMylar, who gets crashing with it, and a slightly modified version of the same clone.

They're in Hats, both sexes, the ones with 'HIGH' and 'LOW' printed on them.

Please test each one individually - select one, select another hat, select the other, and select another hat again. After testing, please post the following information:

1. Which hat caused crashing, or both, or neither.
2. If anything else unusual happened, please describe.
3. Which game edition are you using, did you install from disk, from Origin, from Amazon download, etc.
4. What's your operating system, is it 64-bit or 32-bit, is your CPU Intel, AMD, etc. (In Windows XP right-click MyComputer (Computer for Vista) and click Properties. In Windows 7 and 8 click the Start button, right-click Computer, and click Properties. The entry for Processor will give you the CPU type, and the number of bits should also be listed.)
5. Did you install the game in the default location?
6. Are you running the game in an admin account or a standard user account?
7. Do you have CAS Demo installed?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Added a third test package with the same hat cloned on my Windows 7 system. It should show up in addition to the first two and has 'WIN7' printed on it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HatCloneTestPackages.zip (315.3 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM
1. Unfortunately both of them crashed
2. Nothing unusual. Just the game has stopped working suddenly.
3. Limited Edition, I installed from the disk.
4. Windows 8.1 64-bit, Intel
5 Yes, default location
6. Standard user account
7. No
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:33 PM
1. Both Hats work fine.
2. -.
3. Game was installed from origin.
4. Windows7 Ultimate, 64 bit, Intel.
5. No, external hard drive.
6. Admin.
7. Yes.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
I tested by starting game -> going into CAS directly (not by CAS-editing an in-game sim; just in case this makes a difference (I wouldn't know)).

1. No crashing with either hat
2. --
3. Origin install, just the regular game (not Deluxe/Limited or whatever the expensive ones are called), version 1.0.677.20
4. Windows XP Pro SP3, Intel Core2 Duo, "Physical Address Extension" (not sure anymore what that means or whether it might be relevant) -- that's 32bit
5. Did you install the game in the default location? Yes
6. Are you running the game in an admin account or a standard user account? *cough* Not sure? I'm the only user, there's only one account for Windows .. I'm inclined to think this means it must be an admin account?
7. Do you have CAS Demo installed? Not anymore.

HTH =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 14th Sep 2014 at 8:46 PM. Reason: Abridged a bit
Hi Cmar, just saw this and happened to have a few minutes to test the hats. I removed all of the cc I had in my Mods folder (which was not much), to ensure there would be no potential conflicts.

I tested each hat by putting one in my Mods folder, testing it, then quitting the game, then removing the first hat and putting the second hat in my Mods folder to test. Then I tested again by putting both hats in my Mods folder at the same time. So I had every combination covered! (I'm grateful TS4 boots up so quickly.)

To answer your questions in turn:

1. and 2. Both versions of the hat worked fine for me, and nothing unusual happened. I clicked back and forth between each hat and several other hats in CAS, for both a male sim and female sim, and then had the male and female sims wear them in game.
3. I'm using the disk version, Limited Edition, purchased on Amazon.
4. My OS is Vista 32-bit, my CPU is Intel Core Duo 2.27GHz.
5. I did install the game in the default location.
6. I run the game (and everything else) in admin account.
7. I don't have the CAS Demo installed. (Had it, uninstalled it before I installed TS4.)

I hope that helps at least a little. I've been having trouble myself with some of the cc I've downloaded, in particular two hairs by two different creators, which are just female to male conversions but one of them immediately crashes my game (especially if I switch between that hair and another, or different recolors of that hair) and is unusable for me while other people seem to be OK with it, and the other of them worked fine for me to begin with but then gave me a random crash yesterday.

I myself tried to make a new mesh-modified pair of sunglasses the other day using your toolkit, but it crashed the game when I put it on the sim in CAS. (Which is probably my own fault and not your toolkit's, I really don't know what I'm doing yet.) I think we still have a ways to go before we can consider all TS4 cc to be stable, but I hope it won't be too long!

Thanks for all your ongoing work in making helpful tools for us all.
Inconceivable!
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM
1. Neither.
2. Nothing out of the ordinary.
3. Premium edition, from disk.
4. Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel.
5. Yes.
6. Admin.
7. No.

Good luck with it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:09 PM
I thought I was try it since I noticed someone with Windows 8 tried it and it crashed. I installed both hats, and sure enough, it crashed. Incompatibility with Windows 8 problem maybe? Or something to do with the 'Limited' Edition?

1. I selected the 'high' hat and it showed up, but when I went to select the 'low' hat the game crash. I reloaded the game and selected the 'low' hat, it showed up fine. But when I went to deselect the hat, the game crashed. I reloaded the game once more and went from the 'low' hat straight to the 'high' hat, the game crashed. So my game crashed with either.

2. I just got the same error as above, the game has stopped working.

3. I have the Limited Edition, and I installed it from a disk.

4. 64-bit. Intel Core i7. Running Windows 8.1, I believe.

5. Yes I installed the game to its default location.

6. Standard User I believe.

7. No. CAS Demo is not installed.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:26 PM
So far both people with crashing are running with Windows 8.1, standard user accounts. Could be a protections problem maybe? Thank you, and hopefully more people will test and report so I have a bigger sample size!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Instructor
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:45 PM
I've tested these for you.

I selected High, worked ok, selected Low, crashed.
Selected Low, worked ok, selected High, crashed.
(Crash seems to be when the progam removes/replaces one of the hats for something else)

Crashed to desktop with Windows "The following program has stopped working" etc.

DD, Origin download.

Windows 8.1 Standard. 64-bit. Intel i5-4570T 64-bit.

Default installation.

Tried both standard and admin launches.

Demo installed.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:13 PM
When I first tried, it crashed at first click. At least that's what I remember. But I tried again and then same things happened to me just like amber2403 and FifthAce2007. I hadn't include that in my first post. So I thought I should reply.

By the way I also made creations with your tools. Does that mean it would crash for others or it is crashing only for hats?
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:17 PM
I also have another desktop with 7 ulti and a laptop with win 8 pro on...I can install the game and test on those if that would help ?

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
@CmarNYC

1 - Neither hat crashed, both worked fine, both on male and female.
2 - N/A
3 - Deluxe Digital Download through Origin
4 - Windows 8.1 x64, AMD
5 - Yes - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
6 - Administrator Account - Although I still have to choose 'run as administrator' to get some programs to work, but yours isn't one of them.
7 - No - But I did have the demo installed at one time.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
Just to add (as patient zero),

3. Using the limited edition.
4. I am on Windows 8.1, 64 bit, Intel i7
5. Yes - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
6. Administrator account.
7. Demo still installed.

Looks like the issue might be related to intel processors and windows 8.1 ? That seems to be the common thread in the people with crashes. Little endian problems?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Thanks again, everyone. It does seem to be happening with Windows 8.1, and perhaps only with Intel.

Quote: Originally posted by Rainicorn
By the way I also made creations with your tools. Does that mean it would crash for others or it is crashing only for hats?

I don't know for sure, but another creator said they were having this problem with a t-shirt they shared on their blog.

Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
I also have another desktop with 7 ulti and a laptop with win 8 pro on...I can install the game and test on those if that would help ?

Thanks! If it's not too inconvenient, every additional test helps.

Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
Looks like the issue might be related to intel processors and windows 8.1 ? That seems to be the common thread in the people with crashes. Little endian problems?

I don't think so... The game is reading the data, presumably expecting the same endian-ness on every OS and processor, or it would need a whole different set of game packages for Win8.

How about another test package - Here's a clone of the same hat I did myself. If the Windows 8 people wouldn't mind testing again, let's see if it's the package that gets produced on an 8.1 system or the game reading the package. I'll add it to the OP download too for new people to test. It should show up in addition to the first two hats, with 'Win7" printed on it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cmar_yuHat_PartyVelvet7.zip (105.1 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:12 AM
1: first hat i tried my sims 4 stopped inmediatley this was the hat cmar_yuhatpartyvelvet
2.after the crash i did go in my configuration and looked at the rights i was a administrator but in windows 8.1 you can choose pc properties once i looked there it said it needs to be verified my account this can be done with a email and you will receive a code to verify that you are that person. after it was verified i did go back to my sims 4 and started with my right button start with administrator rights i did this only one time and then no problems where found my sims 4 started without problems..Also i did change it to standard rights no problems either so it can only be 2 possibilities 1: no verified account 2: start one time with administrator rights. After that all the 3 hats worked fine for me apart and together.
3: premium edition no disk
4:Windows 8.1 i5 processor 64 bit
5:default location
6:administrator account and tried also with standard account
7: cas demo is installed

But it must be one off those 2 i mentioned because it worked also fine for me after i verified my account , and did once start the sims 4 with administrator rights with the right mouse button and that was when i was already a administrator , and then i switched my account to standard and also all the hats worked fine for me :-).apart and together
I hope you understand what i mean :-) or else ask me some questions iff you want to now more .
Friendly greetings Marlou
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM
Thank you! That's very interesting information. Could the other Windows 8 people try running with a verified admin account?

Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#17 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thank you! That's very interesting information. Could the other Windows 8 people try running with a verified admin account?

Well, I've tried all 3 hats now. Still no problems. My Win 8 acct was already verified and I have run ts4 as administrator in the past. And so you know, I have submitted 2 items I cloned with your tool here, the Star Hoop Earrings and the Nose Ring. I have not gotten a single response from downloaders saying they crash their game. And that's with a combined total of over 1500 downloads.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:25 AM Last edited by Rainicorn : 15th Sep 2014 at 2:51 AM.
ooh I thought I was using standard user account.I checked and apparently I was wrong. It's a verified admin account and the first two hats still don't work :/
edit: new one also crashes for me
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:29 AM
All of you with crashing hats - does other CC work okay for you?

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:44 AM
Hello, I'm one of the people who had problems with my game crashing after cloning a skirt mesh and editing it.

1. None, I tried all three.
2. Nothing unusual. I clicked between the three and tried them on after switching around between other hats. I played them for a few minutes on an empty lot, no problems.
3. Sims 4 Limited Edition, installed from the discs.
4. Windows 8.1, 64 bit, Intel.
5. Default location.
6. Admin.
7. CAS Demo is installed.

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainicorn
ooh I thought I was using standard user account.I checked and apparently I was wrong. It's a verified admin account and the first two hats still don't work :/
edit: new one also crashes for me
did you also try this go on your sims4 icon right mouse click and say start with administrator rights?
maybe is that the problem and not the verified account and administrator rights in pc properties.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:52 PM
I tried running with administrator rights on both the shortcut and for double safety the sims 4 executeable in program files - and the hats all still crashed. It's not that.

I'm also using an administrator account tied to my email address so I don't think it's that either.

Very baffling, I've had no problems cloning and mesh switching on other clothes so far, and I've used tons of CC and mods without problems, just cloned hats. My eternal bane.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM
Very baffling indeed! Seems to be happening only with Windows 8, but not a protections problem, and except for one report of it happening with a shirt it seems restricted to hats. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.) Hats aren't cloned any differently from any other CAS item. Could be some kind of bug in the game under Windows 8? I can ask in the EA forums I guess, but don't really expect an answer.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
1. Which hat caused crashing, or both, or neither.

Neither, all 3 of them worked, no crashes for me.

2. If anything else unusual happened, please describe.

Nope, nothing unusual

3. Which game edition are you using, did you install from disk, from Origin, from Amazon download, etc.

Digital Deluxe (Obviously, from Origin)

4. What's your operating system, is it 64-bit or 32-bit, is your CPU Intel, AMD, etc. (In Windows XP right-click MyComputer (Computer for Vista) and click Properties. In Windows 7 and 8 click the Start button, right-click Computer, and click Properties. The entry for Processor will give you the CPU type, and the number of bits should also be listed.)

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits, CPU: Intel i7 930

5. Did you install the game in the default location?

Yes

6. Are you running the game in an admin account or a standard user account?

My user is the admin account.

7. Do you have CAS Demo installed?

Yes

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:27 PM
So even with Windows 8 it's intermittent. My favorite kind of error. Argggg.

Page 1 of 2