Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
Default Is there a way to convert TS3 Hair to TS4?
Hi guys!

So while doing my daily search for ts4 cc I ran into a post on the sims resource:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...dow/id/1254093/

So my question is either- Where can I find converted hair or where are the resources to make them myself?

This model sim seems to be wearing a cc hair for TS4, or at least it looks that way to me.
If this is not a photoshop then it must be a convert, right? I would like to get into making realistic/ts3 hair for the sims 3. Has anyone found a way? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

THANKS!!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts, we have a forum for that. See also CmarNYC's MeshTools over in Tools, that does TS3/TS4 conversion.

Also your link points nowhere (unless you are talking about the hair on the sim on the pic on the "page not found" page, but that's generic Maxis hair?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:08 AM
I guess the biggest problem is the new texture system - TS3 had own hair textures while TS4 has it as part of a generalized texture. So, while importing the mesh -depending on complexity- may or may not work yet, I have no idea if the old textures would work at all or would need re-mapping.