Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3626 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Out of eleven babies born/generated in Agnar Sound, only two have been girls. A small sample size, yes, but it's annoying. And out of maybe eight or nine babies born elsewhere in the game, only two girls again. Twins both times. I remember a previous neighborhood of mine had the same problem. Maybe I'm just cursed...

Out of 8 babies born in my Sedona, only two were girls. Guess that's not quite as skewed as your percentages, though. And it's the only hood where I've noticed a gender imbalance at all.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3627 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Out of 8 babies born in my Sedona, only two were girls. Guess that's not quite as skewed as your percentages, though. And it's the only hood where I've noticed a gender imbalance at all.

I had a hood that only spawned girls even after constantly rolling the pacifier. That's 68 born in-game girls, and as much as I thought to redo the births, I had a no exit without saving policy for that hood. I've contemplated renaming it Amazonia as a result. It's still playable but I need a break from all that.

Then in a BG-hood-only-megahood, Tank's descendants were all somehow inexplicably nice boys - nobody had less than 9 nice points. So much for wanting Gen. Buzz's grouchy legacy to live on, until I finally had one girl with 3 nice points and 10 active points who is currently wreaking havoc in the hood, just like Lilith's sloppy garbage eaters. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3628 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
That's 68 born in-game girls, and as much as I thought to redo the births, I had a no exit without saving policy for that hood.

I considered re-doing some of the Sedona births to try to unskew the ratio, but then I realized I had good names picked for what I got, and re-loading and re-watching everything just felt like too much work.
Inventor
#3629 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:10 AM Last edited by Sketching : 15th Nov 2017 at 8:23 AM.
I considered re-doing some of the Sedona births to try to unskew the ratio, but then I realized I had good names picked for what I got, and re-loading and re-watching everything just felt like too much work.

True, even with the special events camera turned off, and sometimes it has good story potential, especially when you have deliberately patriarchal or matriarchal lineages. Whoops, the business is gone because nobody's allowed to inherit it.

I won't deny that I do exit without saving in certain hoods if I really want a specific gender for storyline though.

Edit: It's worse when you're trying for a specific set of twins!
Mad Poster
#3630 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:02 PM
I have very few peeves in the game really. I just think it's wonderful that Will Wright and Maxis thought it up in the first place. It has brought me so many hours of enjoyment. It sometimes seems to me that just about anything we can do in real life, my Sims can do too. And they can do a few things that I, for one, definitely can't do.

But one thing that does bug me is the limitations on things you can do in CAS. I like different sorts of families: an elder married to an adult; an elder couple with a late child, still a teenager; an adult with teenage siblings; teens living alone without adults; even perhaps a 97-year-old millionaire with a very attractive 16-year-old wife. All these are fairly easy to achieve in-game (all right, you might need a couple of hacks for the last one), but not in CAS. With various mods and SimPE, I can generally get the family I want, but it would be so much easier if I could do it in CAS.

It would be good if this could be hacked, but I guess it isn't possible. If it could be done, I'm sure someone would have done it by now.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#3631 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I have very few peeves in the game really. I just think it's wonderful that Will Wright and Maxis thought it up in the first place. It has brought me so many hours of enjoyment. It sometimes seems to me that just about anything we can do in real life, my Sims can do too. And they can do a few things that I, for one, definitely can't do.

But one thing that does bug me is the limitations on things you can do in CAS. I like different sorts of families: an elder married to an adult; an elder couple with a late child, still a teenager; an adult with teenage siblings; teens living alone without adults; even perhaps a 97-year-old millionaire with a very attractive 16-year-old wife. All these are fairly easy to achieve in-game (all right, you might need a couple of hacks for the last one), but not in CAS. With various mods and SimPE, I can generally get the family I want, but it would be so much easier if I could do it in CAS.

It would be good if this could be hacked, but I guess it isn't possible. If it could be done, I'm sure someone would have done it by now.

I really want this in my game as well! I'd even be mostly happy if there was a mod to have teens and younger that are unrelated to the adult in the household. It drives me nuts that if I want to create a household of teens or even make a teen townie then I have to make them the child of someone else. I know how to remove the family ties, but it's still a pain.
Inventor
#3632 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:17 PM
Another small thing that grinds my gears is how chance cards ALWAYS seem to appear when I haven't saved the game in awhile. If I save anytime before anyone goes to work or school, or during, the chance cards never occur. Sometimes I would like to take my chances, but only when I have a most recent backup just in case I get the bad egg. Otherwise, I just ignore them to avoid any ugly surprises I may not recover from.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#3633 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM
When my Sim gets told to "be more careful next time"...after lightning hit a tree in the communal area of his apartment building, while he was inside carefully cooking a perfect omelette (okay, not really annoying for me, but it would be for him if he knew about it!).
Inventor
#3634 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:16 AM
Minor pet peeve: When Body Shop sims become half-aliens because you deleted their CC hair and you can't fix it in BS because it won't allow you to choose another hair.
Mad Poster
#3635 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the same thing that happens when I download a sim that requires some hair mesh I don't want because I'll be stripping the sim of CC anyway...and then I can't change the hair, so I end up just chucking the entire sim.
Inventor
#3636 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:39 AM
Yeah, that's a problem. I usually just install the sim with CC since the CC will be unsorted in the Downloads folder (where nothing else is in my game, so it makes it easier to isolate them) then remove everything in BS, save them, and delete the CC.

It's not that big of a problem if you don't fix it when you can just click the sim in CAS and find another hair, but if you're pressed for time or still regenerating your thumbnails, I can see how it can be frustrating. I'd rather fix it than go through setting their everyday appearances every time I create them in CAS.
Mad Poster
#3637 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:53 AM
Sometimes the hair mesh is just not even available anymore, and it just feels like way too much trouble either way for anything I have to follow a link to find separately. But I've actually got a specific sub-folder in my Downloads for sims that are going to get stripped of their CC.
Mad Poster
#3638 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:27 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 18th Nov 2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typo:"window" not "widow"!
Well, I see I got one Disagree on my last post in this thread, though I've no idea what that was for. Maybe for the ancient millionaire with the teenage bride. Well I can understand that some people might find that objectionable, but we can hardly say that it never happens.

Anyway, I think I can add at least a partial Disagree to my own post myself. Back when I was just starting to play, and I opened up the game for the first time, I went into CAS and created my teenage Sim Andrew (whom you all know!) I was just going t create him on his own, and add other Sims for him to interact with later. But CAS insisted that I give him a parent. So very, very hurriedly I made Gloria, his mum. I'm so glad the game made me do that. If I'd had my way, poor Andrew would have been an orphan.

As soon as I started to play them, I was impressed by how close Andrew and Gloria were. (Remember this was my very first time playing.) Chat, Play Red Hands, Friendly Hug, Family Kiss -- mother and teenage son were inseparable. They were always doing things together. I looked at Gloria's Fears Panel. "Have a bad conversation with Andrew," was about the worst thing she could think of! I watched their intense conversations over meals as they sat together at the little table by the window overlooking the back garden. The powerful mother-son bond between them became a major feature of my early game, and indeed has remained so ever since. I was, and remain, a relentless micromanager, but this love for each other was something that Andrew and Gloria autonomously taught me about. It certainly influenced how I played them. Gloria made a Herculean effort to help Andrew get back on his feet at school, when he got hopelessly behind with his homework. Later, when the army gave Gloria a (totally undeserved) Dishonourable Discharge, Andrew in his turn gave her equally solid help and support until she was working in a job that she enjoyed. They have let me know that, whatever betide, they'll always be there for each other.

So, all in all, while I'd like to be able to place teens alone, or with unrelated Sims now, I'm very glad that, back then, the game made me give Andrew his mum! :lovestruc

So at least a partial Disagree with myself!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3639 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Minor pet peeve: When Body Shop sims become half-aliens because you deleted their CC hair and you can't fix it in BS because it won't allow you to choose another hair.

I wonder if that's what happened to a random townie in Hazelton. He was completely bald and no matter what I tried, he was permanently bald. I think I ended up removing his eyebrows and pretending he had alopecia universalis or something.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#3640 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I wonder if that's what happened to a random townie in Hazelton. He was completely bald and no matter what I tried, he was permanently bald. I think I ended up removing his eyebrows and pretending he had alopecia universalis or something.

I had that problem once and I was so desperate to fix it that I performed Alt Surgery on him with an identical version of himself with hair.

Though when I have bald townies due to missing hairs, they usually just grab another hair on their own the next time they appear, so I don't worry too much when I find one.
Scholar
#3641 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:17 PM
when toddlers ask for read me and it cant be autonomously stopped

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#3642 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

No autonomous read to me: http://cyjon.net/node/69
Scholar
#3643 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:13 PM
i'm sure i downloaded it one time but then again only about a quater of my sims 2 downloads is 1470 downloads or something so it might have conflicted

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3644 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:46 PM
i'm sure i downloaded it one time but then again only about a quater of my sims 2 downloads is 1470 downloads or something so it might have conflicted

That is literally what the HCDU is for.
Scholar
#3645 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:52 PM
That is literally what the HCDU is for.

whats that? hack conflict detection utility?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3646 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:59 PM
Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Previously found on SimWardrobe, now can be found in the link in my signature.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3647 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:34 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 19th Nov 2017 at 12:32 AM.

@Emerald1234

Two by BoilingOil that I like, first for the Read-To Thing BO - Curb All Auto Read-To.package and for other Annoying things about Toddlers BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package

I have a number of MODs and these have never caused any problems. Some of Cyjon's Mods have caused problems for me and I like BoilingOil's better. Besides if you have a problem with one of BoilingOil's Mods he will most likely fix it, and he has done that for me.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#3648 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:35 PM
thank you for the links

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3649 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:26 AM
Being in enough pain that even the thought of playing TS2 exhausts me.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3650 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:23 AM
((hugs))

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 146 of 274