Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 7:24 PM Last edited by YoyoIlluser : 23rd Dec 2016 at 11:48 PM.
Default How To Tint Only One Lens of the Glasses
A friend's character wears sunglasses where one lens is darker than the other, and I'd really love to make them possible in my game. I'm completely new to the concept of doing anything in the Sims 3, but willing to learn. Is there any way to take sunglasses and attempt to convert them where one side of the lens is darker than the other side?

These are the glasses I was thinking of using...

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=375920

or

http://stefinds.tumblr.com/post/908...es-flower-frame

Anything round and wide really...Not much though in the Sims 3 world it appears, for men at least.

The character is pictured below. What a cutie^^
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 12:43 PM
There is a way to do it, but do keep in mind that EA has this special shader for eye glasses.

But! There is a way so you don't necessarily need to use those shaders... For example, if you use the 'phong' or 'phong alpha' shader instead, you could change the white area of the alpha channel to a darker colour (something like gray), but you've got to remap the UV map though. Make sure that the lenses aren't on each other, so one lens will be the lighter one and the other lens the darker one. You could try using an overlay for this as well! I'm not so sure how EA mapped their glasses, but it's worth a try ^-^

For using someone else's CC, make sure you read their TOU. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
There is a way to do it, but do keep in mind that EA has this special shader for eye glasses.

But! There is a way so you don't necessarily need to use those shaders... For example, if you use the 'phong' or 'phong alpha' shader instead, you could change the white area of the alpha channel to a darker colour (something like gray), but you've got to remap the UV map though. Make sure that the lenses aren't on each other, so one lens will be the lighter one and the other lens the darker one. You could try using an overlay for this as well! I'm not so sure how EA mapped their glasses, but it's worth a try ^-^

For using someone else's CC, make sure you read their TOU. ^-^

Goodness, that was quite the mouthful for me. My apologies but I don't know where to begin with that. I might as well try and figure out where to start with basic tutorial one then, in order to get to where I can be able to do this. Phew. This may be a long ride.

I checked each of the CC posted and their TOU all state that so long as the work is not claimed as not theirs or re-uploaded, personal edits and use is alright.

Thank you for the information though, I hope I can do this properly as you explained one day!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 7:32 PM
My apologies but I am having a very difficult time trying to figure out the tutorials. They are, in my opinion, much harder than Sims 2. I really wonder if I can try to put this out as a request somewhere else because goodness, I can't make head nor tails of the programs.