Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 9:40 PM
Default Mesh Visibility Issues
I had the idea to retexture the ITF food synthesizer to look like a dumb waiter so that it could be used in more conventional settings.

The problem is that when I start a new project based on the food synthesizer in TSRW I can't see it.
There's a picture attached to show what I mean. This still occurs if I use a S3OC clone and then import it into TSRW.

It has a Phong shader already so I'm not sure what I need to do to get the object to show. The only way I have managed to get it to show at any time is by clicking on the Extra Material data field that contains the dirt overlay texture but then the object appears translucent.

Anyone got any ideas?
Screenshots

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 3:15 AM
Hi,

I have cloned the object and am getting the same thing. The problem isn't in the shader, but the textures themselves. If you look at the textures tab, all the textures are using transparency, so you should be able to fix this once you make new multi, mask and specular etc.

Hope this helps
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought my question had died a death.
I just tried it out and getting rid of the alpha data for the multiplier layer made it show up no problem.
Such a simple solution after all. Thank you for suggesting it.

Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Thanks for the reply. I thought my question had died a death.
I just tried it out and getting rid of the alpha data for the multiplier layer made it show up no problem.
Such a simple solution after all. Thank you for suggesting it.

Glad to help
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 6:15 PM
I'm back. Same object, different issue.
I've changed the glass panel to a solid, none transparent Phong shader but it won't pick up any colour changes.
I've copied the settings from the main body to the "door" and remapped the mesh to fit on the exisiting texture but it will only ever display grey.
I've attached a picture and the TSRW file if anyone is willing to take a look and thinks they can help.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DumbWaiter.zip (270.5 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 4:53 PM
delete the glas group in tsrw, then duplicate the one that supports the castable part and use it for the non transparant glasspart.
Or just group that part with your castable meshgroup in milkshape.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 11:11 PM
Thanks Bloom. Hopefully I won't run into any further problems with this object now although I won't hold my breath. It's been too long since I last created anything.