Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 12:36 PM
Default Creating CAStable pool lights
I want to create a CAStable pool light, however, there is only one pool light by EA and it is not CAStable. I tried to make it CAStable with Inge's Texture Tweaker, but it didn't work/broke the project.
Then I tried cloning the pool rug and adding a light source in TSRW, but naturally, there are no options to turn it on or off. I tried cloning a wall lamp, and I can place and recolor it correctly, but the pool lights all turn weirdly black when turned on in the pool and this affects all other lights placed in the pool the same way. I assume this has something to do with floor cutout/ elevation properties that the pool light has but the wall light does not.
Anyone has an idea how to make them work? I thought about somehow copying the floor cutout properties to the wall light clone or the CAStable settings to the poollight clone, but don't have a clue how this would work!
Thanks for any suggestions
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:04 PM
Just offering a suggestion as I don't actually know if this will have the desired effect but you could clone a regular wall light to make sure the object is CAStable and has on/off functionality and then replace the LITE resource from the original pool light.
Do this by opening a clone of the original pool light in S3PE and extract the LITE resource. Then open the new light and right-click on the LITE resource in there and select replace. Then select the original LITE resource to import.
Worth a try maybe?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 1st May 2014 at 12:23 PM
Try this one, make sure you test it well.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  poollight.7z (24.1 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content