Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 10:43 PM
Default Error, Custom content.
I posted this in another category oops my bad.

Now what I am trying to do is make a knitting basket, something that seems not done yet, not necessarily saying no one has done it.
I work with auto desk maya and I convert all my files to WSO from obj.

I am not sure if I am missing something here, but I have read the error D3DDER INVALID CALL: Invalid call (-2005530156) has to do with the slim DX, which I have installed the lastest copy of it. I am using the tsr workshop and meshes Import just fine, but I get the invalid call error.

Is there a specific Direct X that I should be using with the workshop too, which version might be better I am using Direct X 11. Or is there something wrong with the vertices or the way that I have built the object I am not sure.
Anyone have any Ideas
I'll upload the mesh if anyone wants to take a look at it, Thank you
Attached files:
File Type: rar  knitbasket.rar (37.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:59 AM
When i open the mesh in Milkshape 2 things are wrong with it±
It has no normals------>check obj export settings.
The meshgroups has incorrect names, both are called default but only one actual contains the mesh(groundshadow and basket are in one group)

I roughly fixed the normals with autosmooth in milkshape using the model cleaner(all vertice were welded wich didn't give nice normals)
Regrouped and renamed meshgroups.(group0 and group1)
Mesh will import fine in tsrw with a joint error but you can ignore that(delete any joints)
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  knitbasket.7z (36.6 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:32 PM
Because I am using autodesk maya I think I might have locked the normals, So I should attempt to use milkshape for modeling and clean up.
I learned to weld together Vertices in 3d class because I mirror, most of my work.\

Thank you so much I hope that I can figure this out again when making custom content.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:37 PM
I am sure you will
There must be a export option for the normals/smoothing groups