Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:20 AM
Default Exported TSRW project not showing up in game
I know I must be missing something simple here, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what, and it's driving me insane.

So I wanted to make an edit of the Aquabox Aquarium for my own personal use -- I wanted to make the fish tank smaller so it looked like a smaller fish tank sitting on a table, and I managed to get it looking quite satisfactory in TSRW. The mesh is edited and imported and everything looks fine and dandy. This was my process: File: New --> New Import --> Selected MM_TS2Aquarium.package. Got the error "Could not clone OBJD Part. Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and then the error "Model was not supported." Went to Edit: Project Contents and removed the three files there, then imported MM_TS2Aquarium.package again. This allowed the model to load correctly. I made my mesh, replaced the LODs, and adjusted the multiplier accordingly. Saw that everything looked good, so I went to Edit: Project Contents --> Export to package, and I saved it as a package in my Mods: Packages folder.

Fired up the game, and the new object is nowhere to be found. I then quit the game, exported the project as a sims3pack file instead, and installed it through the launcher. The launcher said it was installed, but once again, upon firing up the game, the object doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong? How can I get my new mesh to show up in the game? This is the only time I've had issues like this, with a project just not appearing in spite of being installed correctly. Could anyone please help me out here?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:14 AM
Hi,

Try using the export>SIms3Pack in the file menu.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:16 PM
When you import through projects contents you will not clone the file.
So you made a edit to the existing aquarium of Menaceman.(since both have the same instance numbers just one will show.)

You need to clone his package first with s3OC(with rename/renumber ticked) then import the new one in tsrw through project contents.
Im not sure but it is possible the aqaurium also has geostates, you can check that in tsrw's meshtab.

A quick fix might be to clone the package you already have with s3OC, updating instance numbers
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:59 PM
Thank you so much, Bloom, that fixed the problem!! I got it to appear in game, which is very exciting -- except it seems to have generated weeds all over the table. I thought that that might be because of the geostates, but when I check the mesh tab in TSRW, it doesn't show any visible geostates. Thoughts?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:36 PM
those are the orignals weeds that were in the tank?
I believe that they are not a part of the mesh, like the fish and will keep their size.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 13th Apr 2014 at 6:12 PM.
Well nuts, that's what I was afraid of. Thank you for letting me know! I think I'll see if I can turn this mesh into a table/decorative tank so that it won't spawn the weeds, then try and make an invisible fish bowl to put inside the decorative tank...

Edit: This is proving harder than anticipated. Stupid glass won't turn see through on the tank...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
Well, I've created a decorative glass aquarium (and an invisible fish bowl, but it's not pictured because I have to tweak it so that it's placeable on an OMSP) but I've been unsuccessful in making it look like there's liquid inside of it. I placed it next to the other aquarium so you can see what I mean... does anyone have any advice they can give on making the one on the right look more like the one on the left?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:55 PM
There might be a easier way, try changing the objects script.
Give your scaled aqaurium the script of the fish bowl.
Its a wild guess but it might work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:12 AM
Oh, that's a really good idea! I am unfortunately not proficient at working with scripts at all, so that would require a lot of research for me to do... however, I fiddled around with the mesh materials and I think I've come up with something I'm reasonably happy with! I need to iron out a few kinks, like I need to figure out why my water texture is not appearing in game, and why the blue glass turns clear when I tilt the camera down... but I think I've at least got the concept of the small tank sorted out. Thanks so much for all your help!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:22 AM
Okay no, sorry, just one last question, because this is really bothering me, and then I promise I'll stop being a pest -- My aquarium still looks like it;s empty inside. I gave the flat top of the mesh the "standing water" shader and literally just copied the details from the original aquarium's materials, but it's just not showing up in game. I've attached a picture of what it looks like in game, and what it looks like in TSRW/what my material settings are in TSRW. Does anyone know why it's not working? I'm sorry I'm so clueless, I've learned a lot while working on this, but there's still so much more for me to learn, and TS3 tutorials are few and far between.
Screenshots