Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 4085 (Who?), Viewed: 183518 times.
Page 164 of 164
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4076 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:25 AM
Oh family sims are fierce. Also in a Bachelor type challenge, they are the ones going in for the kill. Move aside romance sims you aint got nothing on a family sim with their eye on a prize.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4077 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:46 AM
Have to agree. Family sims tend to get down right desperate. In my game, if I don't pair them up with anyone, they will fling themselves at any available sim--they won't have that waiting for true love nonsense. Any sim with a smidge of chemistry will do. That's why I've set up ACR to make it so that Knowledge sims are the most "chaste" and need the highest relationship levels to woohoo autonomously, followed by Fortune sims. Those two aspirations really couldn't care less if they ever get married or have a baby. Though they occasionally roll wants to do so, they'll be perfectly happy without and it's entirely possible they won't ever roll those wants. I think only Grilled Cheese sims can be more apathetic about romantic relationships.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Mad Poster
#4078 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
A bit frustrating when mesh names are something completely different than the recolours. Makes cleaning up the download folder harder than it should be.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Alchemist
#4079 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:19 PM
PhantomKnight, I always find that Knowledge sims, even those with no sexual orientation set at all, are desperately curious about intersim relationships. I always get generic romantic wants from them, until they've tried them. Not "I want to woohoo with John" but "I really want to try woohoo and see what all the hoopla is about" sort of wants.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4080 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
Knowledge Sims love rolling the "WooHoo 3 different Sims in public" want, regardless of their relationship status.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Instructor
#4081 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:32 AM
Bulbizarre, I haven't seen that one, but my knowledge sims do roll wants to woohoo and make out, etc., and other romantic wants. Sunbee, it's the getting married and have a baby wants that are more rare. Sometimes they roll them, but more often than not, I come across stubborn knowledge sims that refuse to want to get engaged or married, no matter how many dates I send him or her on. So yeah, they can be curious, but once they see what all the fuss is about good luck getting them to focus on anything other than, well, knowledge. Again, not every knowledge sim is like that, but enough are to be noticeable. Fortune sims, I find, tend to roll wants for marriage and family way more often, if only due to date coding. And soon after they get married some will usually roll a want for a baby--but just the one and you'd better lock that want, because I've yet to see it roll again.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4082 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:55 AM
I have seen the 3 sims want in knowledge sims quite often over the years, also the service sims want. They want to learn all about it. Research.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4083 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:15 AM
Research - as Jo says. Knowledge sims simply want to know everything - and everyone

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Test Subject
#4084 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:17 AM
Back to playing my Sims 2 game after a few years hiatus. Not getting 3 or 4 because I don't have $1000's to spend on the game and all the expansions. Here are some irks that get me when playing the game. No particular order.

- The whole "I'm tired!" animation. Yes, I know you're tired, shut up! It gets old very fast.

- The Sims spending hours eating because they are too busy talking to another Sim at the table. Especially when they have to go to work in an hour.

- The gardening is unrealistically bad. Weed picking and bug spraying non-stop just takes over all your sim's time and it continues all day long.

- Random townies your Sim has never met before continuously calling the house asking to talk to a Sim in the house and calling every single day just wanting to talk to that Sim. It was so bad to the point that it disrupts my Sim and other Sims who are busy skilling or trying to get their chores done before work. I wish there was an option where I can get my Sim to tell them to bugger off.

- Needing to shower 3 to 4 times a day. I had to download the Hygiene mod hack to stop that. Highly unrealistic and seems more like a shoddy coding error they overlooked. People do not shower 4 times a day in real life and neither should Sims.

- Stupid Delivery Sims running off before you could tip them

- The annoying Hobby related animations

- The Sims being hounded by Hobby people just because they did an everyday task. Sims need to cook and eat to not die. They don't need to subscribe to a cuisine magazine because they just ate dinner.

- The constant pestering of some random Sim asking you to go Downtown with them as soon as you move into your new home.

- Playgrounds in Community Lots and Apartments being crowded with adult Sims playing on the swings non-stop all day and night long and your Sims constantly being obsessed with pushing another Sim on the swing.

And my Top Pet Peeves that get me the most:

- Smustle. It is cancer in the game and every time a radio is on, some idiot is always doing it on a public lot and usually in a direct path. Guests are Smustling outside your house and won't respond to nothing else. I just leave them outside and hope they get struck by lightening. I won't allow it on my Household and if I had a Sim that has to continously do it, I will lock them in the bathroom with no door and let them Smustle until they starve to death.

- The stupid dogs that come into your yard and dig holes and mess up the flower beds. I have to build fences around my Sim's property and disallow Pets to stop it but they come everyday and barking because they can't get into your yard or house.

- Guests who you invite over immediately head over and start using your computer or watching TV. Even had one go over to my Sim's piano and put down a tip jar and started badly playing the piano. Sadly there was no button to tell him to leave my Sim's house and never return. I have to lock up the TV and other gadgets into another room to keep them off of it so my Sim can communicate with them.

- Apartment Neighbors just randomly walking into my Sim's apartment and start watching their TV and using their Chess boards. Guests who you invite over won't come into your apartment because they are suddenly interested in the plot's swingset and won't respond to your Sim calling them over. They can't get into your house because Household Only on Apartment lots rejects Invited Guests to. As soon as you do unlock your door, unwanted neighbors immediately fly into your Sim's apartment like gnats.
Scholar
#4085 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agahnim
Back to playing my Sims 2 game after a few years hiatus. Not getting 3 or 4 because I don't have $1000's to spend on the game and all the expansions. Here are some irks that get me when playing the game. No particular order.

- The whole "I'm tired!" animation. Yes, I know you're tired, shut up! It gets old very fast.

- The Sims spending hours eating because they are too busy talking to another Sim at the table. Especially when they have to go to work in an hour.

- The gardening is unrealistically bad. Weed picking and bug spraying non-stop just takes over all your sim's time and it continues all day long.

- Random townies your Sim has never met before continuously calling the house asking to talk to a Sim in the house and calling every single day just wanting to talk to that Sim. It was so bad to the point that it disrupts my Sim and other Sims who are busy skilling or trying to get their chores done before work. I wish there was an option where I can get my Sim to tell them to bugger off.

- Needing to shower 3 to 4 times a day. I had to download the Hygiene mod hack to stop that. Highly unrealistic and seems more like a shoddy coding error they overlooked. People do not shower 4 times a day in real life and neither should Sims.

- Stupid Delivery Sims running off before you could tip them

- The annoying Hobby related animations

- The Sims being hounded by Hobby people just because they did an everyday task. Sims need to cook and eat to not die. They don't need to subscribe to a cuisine magazine because they just ate dinner.

- The constant pestering of some random Sim asking you to go Downtown with them as soon as you move into your new home.

- Playgrounds in Community Lots and Apartments being crowded with adult Sims playing on the swings non-stop all day and night long and your Sims constantly being obsessed with pushing another Sim on the swing.

And my Top Pet Peeves that get me the most:

- Smustle. It is cancer in the game and every time a radio is on, some idiot is always doing it on a public lot and usually in a direct path. Guests are Smustling outside your house and won't respond to nothing else. I just leave them outside and hope they get struck by lightening. I won't allow it on my Household and if I had a Sim that has to continously do it, I will lock them in the bathroom with no door and let them Smustle until they starve to death.

- The stupid dogs that come into your yard and dig holes and mess up the flower beds. I have to build fences around my Sim's property and disallow Pets to stop it but they come everyday and barking because they can't get into your yard or house.

- Guests who you invite over immediately head over and start using your computer or watching TV. Even had one go over to my Sim's piano and put down a tip jar and started badly playing the piano. Sadly there was no button to tell him to leave my Sim's house and never return. I have to lock up the TV and other gadgets into another room to keep them off of it so my Sim can communicate with them.

- Apartment Neighbors just randomly walking into my Sim's apartment and start watching their TV and using their Chess boards. Guests who you invite over won't come into your apartment because they are suddenly interested in the plot's swingset and won't respond to your Sim calling them over. They can't get into your house because Household Only on Apartment lots rejects Invited Guests to. As soon as you do unlock your door, unwanted neighbors immediately fly into your Sim's apartment like gnats.

@Agahnim

There is a Mod for the Pets in the Flower Beds problem. it is on MTS Simsky's "No Pets Flower Beds" mods

There is another Mod for the Visiting Pets Digging problem, it is also on MTS No Autonmous Digging For Visiting Pets by worf_84

Over on MATY there is the Daily Gardener Mod, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F Look for dailygardener.zip

I would imagine that there might be other Mods that would take care of other annoyances for you, look around.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#4086 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:16 PM
More of a vent about myself. Spent the last couple days pookleting all my non-pooklet hairs. Some were coming out choppy and I only just now remembered about DDS utilities, after doing all the hairs. What a turkey.

Personal downloads archived at Wordpress.
Page 164 of 164