Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 15820 (Who?), Viewed: 362365 times.
Page 633 of 633
Alchemist
#15801 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:50 PM
If there is a bar in the public space on an apartment lot, can you use the Hire Services option on the phone to hire bartenders who will staff it?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#15802 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:06 PM
@joandsarah77, when I use the simlogical school, I don't usually bother to change the school to the prep school, but rather let them keep going to the default Maxis school. If I do change the school type, it's to make children go to the flexi school while their at the school lot, then once back home, I change it to whatever it was before (private/public, etc.). Does the prep school keep grades from changing?

And Zarathustra, I definitely have no clue; I'd say test it.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Instructor
#15803 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 10:35 PM
The prep school is the same as private school except the hours are longer and there is no homework.
Link Ninja
DELETED POST
14th Oct 2018 at 11:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Charmful. Reason: NVM
Instructor
#15804 Old Yesterday at 4:04 AM
Can I remove Chris Hatch's hospital ambulances from a lot I put them on? The nurses never spawned because I think I messed up when it gave me a prompt of putting a mailbox on the lot when it was still a community lot

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#15805 Old Yesterday at 10:00 AM
Yes, you can. It's ok to play the lot after that as a CL.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#15806 Old Yesterday at 1:40 PM
Does anyone else have trouble with the Summerdream house? I have had this game since the day it came out and have NEVER seen the inside of that place. Through the years, over multiple computers and editions of the game, I still can't get it load. I just tried for the first time in my uber hood and, sure enough, hours later it still hasn't opened.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Inventor
#15807 Old Yesterday at 3:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Does anyone else have trouble with the Summerdream house? I have had this game since the day it came out and have NEVER seen the inside of that place. Through the years, over multiple computers and editions of the game, I still can't get it load. I just tried for the first time in my uber hood and, sure enough, hours later it still hasn't opened.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with the Summerdream house I've never had them. I know you probably already tried everything, but just to be sure, have you tried different clean templates for Veronaville? Does it work if you move the family out? Is there maybe something in the house you have defaulted with some CC that doesn't work correctly?

Does the lot work if you download it from something like the Sims2 Lot Databese? https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/119...951/veronaville

Mad Poster
#15808 Old Yesterday at 3:36 PM
Has anyone had a weird household where one sim in the family acts as if free will is off and just stands there until you tell them to do something, but the rest of the family is fine?
Inventor
#15809 Old Yesterday at 3:53 PM
I'm using the g-rated version of religion mod by Christ Hatch, but cannot figure out what this means:

"Sims' Faith levels are affected by giving birth, so once again, you'll have to choose between giving birth affecting your Sims' Faith levels or having multiple births."

Does it mean you CAN or CANNOT using this mod with the quad/triple mod?

Does anybody use the Religion mod?
Mad Poster
#15810 Old Yesterday at 4:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with the Summerdream house I've never had them. I know you probably already tried everything, but just to be sure, have you tried different clean templates for Veronaville? Does it work if you move the family out? Is there maybe something in the house you have defaulted with some CC that doesn't work correctly?

Does the lot work if you download it from something like the Sims2 Lot Databese? https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/119...951/veronaville

Yeah, my uberhood was made with clean templates. This is the WEIRDEST problem. It's that house, always just that house. I had the problem with discs, even bought a different version of the base game and still had the problem. I have the same deal with UC. I've had many different computers. It's just strange.

I think it might be personal.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#15811 Old Yesterday at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Has anyone had a weird household where one sim in the family acts as if free will is off and just stands there until you tell them to do something, but the rest of the family is fine?

It can happen (I think) if you cancel a lot of things they do spontaneously

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Theorist
#15812 Old Yesterday at 8:11 PM
What are some simple ways to make sims pay money for things like simulated taxes?
Mad Poster
#15813 Old Yesterday at 8:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
What are some simple ways to make sims pay money for things like simulated taxes?

Without mods, not many.

With mods like Monique's computer, the money order from Pescado or the checkbook from Simwardrobe, those are ways to do it.

Monique's computer has a banking capability on it that you can save and send money through. The Money Order and Checkbook can send money to other pixels personally.

Other way to do it-I've got some coins (available on this site) that you can buy and sell so as to use for money-and give the tax collector as your payment. Of course you will have to make sure you have enough coins to make it work. Some of the smaller denominations are $5 or $10-you'll have to get a whole lot of them to pay off a tax bill..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Theorist
#15814 Old Yesterday at 8:58 PM
I've already got the Money Order, actually! Sorry I wasn't clear; what I want is an easy way to throw money "into the ether" so that it no longer exists in the hood.
Mad Poster
#15815 Old Yesterday at 9:06 PM
Use an editing tool to edit it away.

I don't know how you'd do it with in-game tools, but in SimPE there's a line in the family data for household funds. Just edit that line and voila, poor sims.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#15816 Old Yesterday at 9:07 PM
For me, family funds is the quickest and easiest way to adjust funds - just subtract the amount and it's gone. If you're running into issues with multiple families having the same last name & family funds not always doing what you want you could set up a banking character to send money orders or checks to and then periodically enter that lot and use family funds to get rid of the money permanently.

Example:
familyfunds LastName -1000 | Subtracts §1,000
familyfunds LastName +1000 | Adds §1,000
familyfunds LastName 1000 | Gives the family a total of §1,000

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Theorist
#15817 Old Yesterday at 9:19 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : Yesterday at 9:29 PM.
Thanks everyone!

New random question: what is the standard base price (with "normal" prices that haven't been adjusted up or down) of a written novel if it's being sold in an OFB shop? Does it being a Best Seller or whatnot affect that price at all? (Edit: I think maybe being able to sell novels at all might require a mod.)
Edit again: Never-mind, I un-failed at Google on my second try, found this, and from the pic there it looks like they're $36.
Field Researcher
#15818 Old Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina
I'm using the g-rated version of religion mod by Christ Hatch, but cannot figure out what this means:

"Sims' Faith levels are affected by giving birth, so once again, you'll have to choose between giving birth affecting your Sims' Faith levels or having multiple births."

Does it mean you CAN or CANNOT using this mod with the quad/triple mod?

Does anybody use the Religion mod?

You CAN you them both, but if you do, sims will not get a boost to faith from having a baby.
Theorist
#15819 Old Yesterday at 11:40 PM
What are the different levels of "quality" / "success" with a written novel? I know there's "Bestseller" and I think "Great" as well, but what about other than that? I looked at the wiki but I couldn't find any information.
Inventor
#15820 Old Yesterday at 11:49 PM
MattieORiley.
I decided to test it out but yes it seems that Multiple Pregs works fine with Religion mod, no bugs, which I was more worried about then the faith levels (I don't use it much, but It has a NPC so I've to keep it).
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15821 Old Today at 1:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
I've already got the Money Order, actually! Sorry I wasn't clear; what I want is an easy way to throw money "into the ether" so that it no longer exists in the hood.

For me it's the donate function on Monique's computer. That goes to nobody but disappears from the families funds.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 633 of 633