Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17186 (Who?), Viewed: 397209 times.
Page 688 of 688
Mad Poster
#17176 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM
I've found 3 mods in my downloads that I need (& can't find) more info about; I worry that they are trying to do the same thing:
"ijBreak up Anytime", "Break up anytime" and "midgethetree Kickoutfamily"

Namaste
Mad Poster
#17177 Old Yesterday at 11:14 PM
ij is Inge Jones. I'm guessing the second might be Squinge's, and the third is from Midge the Tree.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#17178 Old Today at 12:02 AM
Only one I could track down is "break up anytime" by Midgethetree. The one I had showed a different size than her download, so I assume it must be something different. So I will add hers to game and leave the other 3 out. Not that I remember what any of those actually DO.

Namaste
Field Researcher
#17179 Old Today at 1:04 AM
I think "Kick out family" just removes a sim from a household, but doesn't do anything to relationships. I could be wrong as the mod doesn't work for me.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Forum Resident
#17180 Old Today at 1:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Only one I could track down is "break up anytime" by Midgethetree. The one I had showed a different size than her download, so I assume it must be something different. So I will add hers to game and leave the other 3 out. Not that I remember what any of those actually DO.

midgethetree Kickoutfamily:
Based of a request to add a kick out action for normal lots ("So if two family members really hate each other one can kick the other out of the house, like the divorce option but without the marriage") MidgeTheTree enabled the “kick out roommate” social for family members for adults up. It ends with the sim walking off the lot to the family bin; requires AL.

ijBreakupAnytime
By inge @simlogical: "Any sim who is married, engaged, or going steady will have the "Break up" option on the partner's menu regardless of the state of their relationship. Neither Sim will move out, so you get the chance to decide what they do about separating."

So those two don't exactly do the same things. I'm not sure what the last file is, but I imagine that with a similar name, it does something like inge's.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Lab Assistant
#17181 Old Today at 2:42 AM
One of my townies is invisible. Originally he was a child, and I had him age up to teen when a playable friend of his had a birthday. I suspect the problem originated at that point. He cannot be interacted with. Also, my sim can't talk on the phone with him (she just freezes and has to be reset as the action cannot be cancelled).

I tried using simblender to summon him to the house and make him selectable and fix him using the batbox, but that didn't work and the game crashed. When I selected him I noticed that his age is teen but his aspiration is still grow up; he never acquired a teen aspiration.

Anybody seen this before? got any suggestions?
Forum Resident
#17182 Old Today at 3:44 AM
Teens with the Grow Up aspiration basically always happens when you age a townie child up to teen, it usually doesn't break anything. Have you tried running HoodChecker?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17183 Old Today at 4:00 AM
Sounds like there is corruption there as well, since fixing the grow up aspiration should not crash your game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17184 Old Today at 4:06 AM
How bad are clones in The Sims 2? In regards to my "retired" (I really want to bring it back!!) Uberhood. Is it still playable with the clone incident or is it not worth it at all? The clone incident happened once whilst Sandra Roth was on a date with Jacob Martin. Jacob Martin was the clone and caught Sandra cheating on him with..himself? Yeah, I got very worried about that but I don't know if it will cause long term issues? So sorry for asking again... I ran Hoodchecker and nothing came up apart from the usual Sim Characters (my Multi PT+Plantsims), memories between Loki Beaker and a subject & Jonah Powers and a burglar.. Is that a good sign?
Lab Assistant
#17185 Old Today at 5:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Sounds like there is corruption there as well, since fixing the grow up aspiration should not crash your game.

Oh, I meant that I was trying to fix his invisibility. I used the Fix -> Flashing Blue option because sometimes in the past that has fixed other appearance problems besides just flashing blue. That's when the game crashed.

I did run hood checker and fixed whatever issues it found but they seemed to be the usual kind, and poor Greg is still invisible.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17186 Old Today at 5:18 AM
I would be inclined to kill him off if you can. The batBox has an option to fix invisible sims, the fix blue means things like blue flashing vampire teeth or glasses.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17187 Old Today at 5:18 AM
The batbox has a special option just for fixing invisible sims, you should use that instead. It wouldn't surprise me if planning a sim's appearance while they're invisible causes a crash.
Page 688 of 688