Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 2:44 PM
Hello I tested the last release (Color Magic v.0.2.2)

It work great for recolor and I havn't any overcrashing.

There is just a little something about the swatch. If I replace it in S4PE like I did before it don't work in game.

In order to have the customize swatch I have to do :
Color Magic
- Remove
- Add

S4PE
- There is two line with _IMG I delete the old one
- replace the default with mine

And after that it work. Hope it will help and I was understandable English is not my first langage.
If it help I can take more pictures

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:36 PM
I THINK I know what you're asking.

In S4PE, you have to click "Replace" instead of "Import" to correctly change a swatch.

I'm not sure why, and I assume one day it will be corrected, but for now it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:06 PM
In fact I already use Replace
But on the last version it don't work. I made different tests and it work only if I do how I explained in my post
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:20 PM
INTERESTING. I'll have to play around with it tonight, see if I have the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
Mac did you have the same matters ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:57 PM
I split this off into a new thread, since it’s not about the crashing issue anymore.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:40 AM
Ok thanks. Just in order to say that I have still the same things with the last release
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fuyaya
Ok thanks. Just in order to say that I have still the same things with the last release

I noticed in the screenshot you posted that there were two 'swatches' in the package. I think as a general rule, if an item that you are recolouring already has a 'swatch' image then you shouldn't add one in ColourMagic you just replace the original image later in s4pe. Some swatches don't have images (they are literally just a colour or two) and those are what the 'add' function is for.

Probably ColourMagic could be updated so that this is fixed in the workflow (i.e. you can't add a swatch to the package if one already exists) maybe it could either grey out the button with a tooltip explanation or perhaps make 'adding' behind the scenes 'replace' the original image in this case, much as s4pe does.