Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 12:34 PM
Default Would you recommend sims 4 cats and dogs?
Hi there,

So I'm considering getting S4 Kitties et doggos and I wanna know if you guys would recommend?

Is it worth the money?

Cheers!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 12:45 PM
To be honest that's a matter of personal opinion and what you think your money is worth to you. I have cats and dogs and I do enjoy it, however there are still some things I don't like about it. So if you want to add those particular pets to your game and you cannot live without it and you also want to experience the vet career (the biggest reason why I bought it) then I say go for it. At the end of the day it comes down to it's your money and if you feel it's worth it that's all that matters.
Good luck! 😊
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 3:50 PM
Well, Cats&Dogs is kind of split with My First Pet Stuff, so you probably should get both for the full experience so technically is not worth the money if you plan buying it at full price.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:20 PM
Didn't you write about trouble running ts3 on your computer? Are you sure ts4 will run with another exp? It's a much easier game to run, but it's getting more and more troublesome even for me with all the exp and game packs and some of the stuff packs.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 5:41 PM
Igazor said the comp "zazzyzooo" has isn't a gaming computer at all. Perhaps another exp isn't what hen should use money on.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 6:17 PM
The animals are really cute as are the things you can do with them. The new town/neighborhood/whatever you call that - Brindle Bay? is wonderful and there's a dog and cat park there. I have reservations about running the vet business, but it's ok. With each pets expansion in each Sims game, there's much that's added that is really nice and then there are the pets. Pets take up a lot of time and attention. If you enjoy that kind of thing, go for it!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zazzyzooo
Hi there,

So I'm considering getting S4 Kitties et doggos and I wanna know if you guys would recommend?

Is it worth the money?

Cheers!

Ask LGR.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 7:18 PM
It really depends. If you usually enjoy TS4 and like to play with animals or consider them essential then I would say it's recommended to buy it (preferably on sale).
If you only consider buying Cats & Dogs because you hope it'll make TS4 more interesting or motivate you to play for a few weeks then I wouldn't go for it. It has some nice gimmicks, but the gameplay is limited as usual and if you already have a hard time with it then it won't keep you entertained for more than a day. There's not that much new to discover in my opinion.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 7:59 PM
Though on serious note, starting threads like this won't help you much, because of mixed opinions how everyone finds the price value worth it or not. It depends what you're looking for or need the pets for what sak: gameplay or storyline ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:59 AM
I have/had almost zero interest in the pets, but got it for the world mostly and new build items. And the world is very nice.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:29 AM
I don't play TS4 anymore...but just judging from all the feedback on it. It's not worth the money.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Didn't you write about trouble running ts3 on your computer? Are you sure ts4 will run with another exp? It's a much easier game to run, but it's getting more and more troublesome even for me with all the exp and game packs and some of the stuff packs.

I almost never have trouble with TS4 and I don't have any stuff packs or Expansion packs.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:48 AM
It’s up to you if you want it. It’s an okay pack, I thought it was lacking in stuff for pets though. It has a nice world and a lot of good build/buy stuff. The clinics are fun to run, even though they are basically the same as retail/restaurants. If you are wanting fun pets you may or may not enjoy it. They were programmed to be needy and annoying. I don’t regret buying it (got it 50% off anyway) it’s fun for what it is but it’s not as thorough as it should have been.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:10 AM
It's not bad... it's nice to have another world. The constant strays in brindleton bay do get pretty annoying though. I would get it on sale if you need the extra world space. The animals take up house slots, so if you want a large family... you won't have much space to raise and breed pets. But, you can probably squeeze a pet in. You'll probably get bored with some of the things eventually, but it is good for at least a week. Generally I tend to focus my purchases on packs that include worlds and destinations, but that is my personal priority. You will probably have to decide on your own what your priorities are.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:10 PM
I think it also depends on whether you really want to go for gameplay-focused things to begin with that are more based on regular playing (That being packs like get to work, pets, parenthood and such) but indeed as mentioned before in the thread, to really make the most out of the cats and dogs pack is to also get the first pets pack, which is sort of the sad thing about it...

If you're not specifically searching for actual gameplay-focused additional content then going for other things like stuff packs or other specific game packs might be more your thing But yes, maybe giving TS4 BG a try first might help a lot to begin with
Forum Resident
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:49 AM
I don't have "My First Pet Stuff" and I don't get why people say you need it to enjoy CD, it's just wrong. Stuff doesn't make me enjoy the game more and that hamster is just an oversized object, I need a lot of gameplay to rate a pack positive.
First of, TS3 Pets was really big. A lot of content and a lot to do. Don't expect that with CD. It's more like a GP that adds cats and dogs plus a gorgeous world, that's basically it.
The vet career thingy is really repetitive, if you have GTW, you probably remember that the doctor career was the least favourite of the three for most and the vet "career" isn't even as complex as that.
That being said, would I give it back? No. Because I love how cute the pets are and my favourite neighbourhood is Brindleton Bay. Actually, I disagree with VerdeTerre that pets need a lot of attention. If you get two, they can entertain each other and cats can basically be left alone to roam around in your house, dogs need a bath and a walk from time to time, but it's really funny to watch them making random stuff and you can do a lot with them if you want to engage with them.
It all comes down to how much you want pets in the game. If they are not that important, I recommend giving it a pass considering how small the pack is content wise, if you love little furry friends and don't mind them being kind of backdrop entertainment, then go for it
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:50 AM
Where will you buy sims 4 C&D? You can request for refund for the first 24 hours if you bought it from Origin. Watch LGR -> give it a try -> refund it if you don't like it.
LGR's review has covered almost every aspect of the game, EXCEPT bugs and glitches.
Scholar
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:06 AM
LGR's review of C&D is pretty helpful. (and his My First Pet Stuff Pack one is kinda funny to watch, too, given how much he hates its concept)
While I do love animals, I would put myself into the category of it not being worth it.
Some of the stuff changed when it comes to pets is pretty cool, but I don't think it's an expansion that would keep my interest for very long. I noticed in Sims 3 that, while I liked the horse and horsejockey career, I generally uninstalled Pets after a while. One of the reasons being that it caused Sims 3 to run badly on my PC, but it just couldn't catch me long enough. Sims 4 feels similar to that, though it does take the control away from animals again... which I like. The only time Pets kept my interest was in Sims 2, and that's with pets having the option to go get a job, unlock new fur colors, etc. And... I know it's all optional, but some of the design choices you can put on your pets in Sims 4 is just WEIRD to me. Not in terms of putting clothes on them (I am not a person who... really condones that, lest there are good reasons; it feels weird to put human-ish clothes on animals), but in terms of fur patterns, for example.

Though LGR's "in-bread tacocat with goldfish cracker pattern" cat was funny.
dodgy builder
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have/had almost zero interest in the pets, but got it for the world mostly and new build items. And the world is very nice.

Oh yes. I agree on that. The windows are lovely and Brindleton bay are much better than any of the others in my opinion.