Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:01 PM
Default Sims 3's future uncertain?
I just saw this blurb from London Metropolitan Magazine posted on Infinite Sims:

For some reason Infinite Sims took this to mean EA might terminate TS3's production, which the blurb doesn't really say. And in any case, I think that article is a load of shit. Looks like they took some typical boasting about product placement and injected dramaz into it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:04 PM
April fool?
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 12:07 PM
LOL

Seems likely. Whoops!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:13 PM
Well. Terminating it isn't a bad idea. Especially since TS2 is a continuous game, unlike TS1. After reading that we won't be able to make our own hoods I got so pissed that EA could just have terminated the whole thing!
But who knows........
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:15 PM
Please tell me this is an April Fools joke! >.<
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:18 PM
it is, just like the monkey of doom thing at mts2
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:48 PM
This better be a joke or I am going to be one very upset person come 2009
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 4:09 PM
Man, it must be terribly flawed if they terminate it after 4 years of development or so. I need the seamless neighbourhood, maybe they could make it into a Sim2 EP.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 4:11 PM
With so much things already done, I doubt they'll terminate the project with only 1 year left before the release. Like crocobaura said, they've spend a LONG time & money with it already.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
#10 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 7:55 PM
Aprils FOOLS GUYS!

let's all enjoy a healthy chuckle.
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 8:55 PM
Happy April Fools everyone! It's pretty obvious that's it's a joke. I mean come on, EA is so rich. I'm sure The Sims 3 is expensive to make but I'm sure it's nothing EA can't handle. Otherwise the spin offs and stuff packs would have never existed.

Oh, and not to mention they're now saying on Infinite Sims that it's a joke. :P
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:39 PM
This would be a hard one to fall for. They couldn't possibly scrap the Sims 3 after four years in production.

Now Google's April Fools jokes are always amazing.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:44 PM
Iv'e never liked april fools.....its not funny....just embarrasing...lol
Alchemist
#14 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leenetje
it is, just like the monkey of doom thing at mts2

oh THAT'S why it's all about the silver monkey crap over there. I never put two and two together, since it's not really an april fool's joke. I thought it was just a stupid inside joke, and now I realise...Well, the "stupid" part remains true, but at least it makes a bit more sense now.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
oh THAT'S why it's all about the silver monkey crap over there. I never put two and two together, since it's not really an april fool's joke. I thought it was just a stupid inside joke, and now I realise...Well, the "stupid" part remains true, but at least it makes a bit more sense now.

I remember years ago when Sims Online was blossoming and very popular- as a April fools joke- EA gave all the sims in the game a monkey face. It reverted the next day- but look at the MTS2 monkeys makes me think of that April Fools joke they had.
#16 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
Google's April Fools jokes are always amazing.

Yeah, I remember when they released Gmail on April Fool's Day one year and everyone thought it was a joke, but...they were for real! That confused me :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Well. Terminating it isn't a bad idea. Especially since TS2 is a continuous game, unlike TS1. After reading that we won't be able to make our own hoods I got so pissed that EA could just have terminated the whole thing!
But who knows........

they said not at first but they will add it (creating neighborhoods)
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:42 AM
^ From my understanding, they said they would only probably later release tools for creating your own neighborhood. "Probably later" could mean anything... Not that having only one neighborhood bothers me so much, but I'm sure that's what she meant.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
they said not at first but they will add it (creating neighborhoods)

They said that they might add it which means that it does not have to happen. I think they are being mean. They all know how much we love custom hoods.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:08 AM
No more discussion here

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread