Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:11 AM
Default Battlestar Galactica
I found it preeeeeetty hard to believe we didn't have a thread for this AMAZING show, but I couldn't find one, and it would just be a crime against the gods to let it go undiscussed. :vikingb: BSG has been one of the best shows on television, and it's not hard to understand why: great cast, terrific plot, movie-quality special effects, and all-around awesomeness.

So! We are three days away from the fourth and final season of BSG. (New fan, or need to get caught up, or just can't get your fill? Watch the eight-minute "What the frak is going on?" recap found here. Also very funny.) With the end of Season 3, we're at a very critical point. Starbuck is not only not dead, she says she's been to Earth, and four more humanoid Cylons are revealed. Where the frak could this possibly be going? I don't know, but I'm sure looking forward to finding out...

This is also a definite must-watch: David Letterman's Top 10 reasons to watch the new season of Battlestar Galactica! Watch! !

Has Starbuck really been to Earth? What will these new developments do for her and Lee? Is Lee just hallucinating? Is Roslin's cancer going to get the best of her this time? Who do you think is the twelfth humanoid Cylon? What the frak is going on? Discuss away, and speculate all you want, but please, no season 4 spoilers!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:12 AM
Yes, April 4th!!!! (also the day season 4 of Doctor who starts again.)

It's a geeks wet-tv dream-date. Has popcorn ready...
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:24 AM
Oh my gods. Who cannot even think after that episode?!?!?!?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:21 PM
I have seen some of the first and second seasons. The remake is pretty good with some interesting changes from the original.

Here are my views on it. Feel free to disagree.

Starbuck. I was surprised when they changed her gender but actually found they did a pretty good job with the new one.

The humanoid Cyclons. While I agree they would create somes for infiltration, while the duplication? Surely it makes more sense to have each infiltration unit to appear different?

Cyclon pro-creation. Why? I though they were suppose to be machines.

Boomer. I do not like the new one.

Apollo and Adama. In the first season, I liked the relationship between them. They did not always see eye to eye and Apollo would disobey his father, bringing the two into conflict.

I though this was a good angle to work on. Adama trusted Starbuck more, as seen in various episodes when he would confide with Starbuck rather Apollo, despite Apollo being more senior and being his son.

I though it was a shame that they lost Pegasus. Keeping her and leaving Apollo in command could have given more scope in characters development and story potential. The main reason is father and son are now in command of two powerful warships but do not always agree. This would make it interesting with
Apollo voicing his opinion, or disapproval, in any major operations. The Colonel does not have it to take command. So Adama needs Apollo, despite his past insubordination.

Adama and Roslin. I think it would be better if they left their developing relationships in a will-they-won`t-they way.

Balter. He was great. Especially when he was talking to his Cyclon companion number 6. It would switch back and forth when she was there and not.

Any way, I have only seen some of the first and second so many of the things I have said may have changed.
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:59 PM
This has nothing to do with the show, really. Well, it kind of does.
But as soon as I saw this thread I thought of The Office.

Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.

You won't get it unless you watch The Office. =/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:55 AM
I see no new posts on this thread so I'll put up one. What do you think is going on? It seems everything is totally fracked up - Starbuck has cracked up and no one believes in her. She's brought all those $$(* cylons on board. Where can this end up? The show is almost over and they're not any nearer to earth and the cylons are taking over and plotting something nefarious. My husband keeps repeating, "This has all happened before..." Does this mean the whole thing will end up being a dream or just starting the whole saga over again? I'm really kind of disappointed at the way the last season is going and I can't figure out how they're going to end it within the next few episodes.