Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
Default Attempts to open Preload data in Demo... Amusing fails!
First attempt involved copying contents of TS4 Data/Client to demo Data/Client. Demo wouldn't load.

Second attempt involved copying fullbuild pacakges from TS4 Data/Client to demo Mods. Demo loads fine. Hilarity ensues!

All that goop is animated and moves alluringly on the screen Sadly, the catalog does not show any non-demo items.

Anybody had success viewing preload clothing in the demo?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM
I haven't tried to load anything in the demo. I did poke at some of the files with s4pe. I was mainly looking at the various world areas, and the client full builds, but most of the files are greek to me.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:02 AM
I only poked through the files to see just how much content was cut out for the demo. Apparently, a lot! And not just the other age category.

Aside: Yes, singular. Looking at the mesh list, I THINK that teens and elders share the clothes with adults. (Which is great. No more unnecessary duplication.)

Anyway, I noticed quite a few meshes I didn't recognize, and a ton of styles for each one.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:14 PM
Hilarity?! I'd say nightmare fuel where the second image is concerned! Even her own hair appears to be trying to escape!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Hilarity?! I'd say nightmare fuel where the second image is concerned! Even her own hair appears to be trying to escape!

I have very amusing nightmares
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:58 AM
I just noticed that the first image in this thread is featured in-game under "Lessons" for "Bugs", haha!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
I just noticed that the first image in this thread is featured in-game under "Lessons" for "Bugs", haha!

WTF really? @Srikandi , you’re going to be famous! \o/

/ quickly joins the autograph queue

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:21 PM

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009

Hah! I just checked... it's very similar, same clothing mesh, but the one in the lesson has a different hat and no beard.

They may have recreated it, or just a coincidence Definitely the same bug though!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM
What so they PLAGIATED your artwork?!? – Sue them!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
First attempt involved copying contents of TS4 Data/Client to demo Data/Client. Demo wouldn't load.

Second attempt involved copying fullbuild pacakges from TS4 Data/Client to demo Mods. Demo loads fine. Hilarity ensues!

All that goop is animated and moves alluringly on the screen Sadly, the catalog does not show any non-demo items.

Anybody had success viewing preload clothing in the demo?

Yup. So much for sleeping. This sh*t will haunt me in my dreams.