Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 6:39 PM
Default Texture help: Clothing appears radiant
For the past few days, I've been working on a bottom piece. It's been a huge learning experience, with lots of trial, error and heartache, but I've come very close to succeeding. There's one problem, however, that I've been banging my head against for days, and I've decided to finally just... ask for help.

The problem: my skirt appears to be radiant in CAS.

Some approaches I've tried thus far are:
- redoing the normal map
- making the specular dark
- re-exporting the specular with no alpha channel (DTX1)

But the radiant nature of the skirt remains.
Could any fresh eyes take a look at it for me? I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [Yako]tfBottomSkirtUniform.zip (405.2 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 7:26 PM
For reference, how does it look in Live Mode? CAS lighting issues like this are very common with CC.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 10:31 PM
Shininess is still there in live mode.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 10:33 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Aug 2018 at 10:08 AM.
In sims 2 that would be a bump map problem. I don't know if sims 3 has these, but it looks like the same issue. If it is, the bitmap needs deleting. or it could be a mesh problem in the normals. That's all I know, I don't make clothes.

Edit because silly typo. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:46 AM
Yep it's a normal map problem (Or bump map). I've made a tutorial before on how to do this: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...-for-the-sims-3

let me know if that worked out for you! It should fix it. Else let me know