Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to change genetic/default skin replacement to non-default?
Hello, I'm Charis and i have a question: can i convert a default skin to non-default? Where?
It's because i downloaded some genetic skins and i want to convert them to non-default to be more fitting. (credit to the respective owners!)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
skin/hair; whether or not it is a replacement or not depends on "family" line in Property Set resource.
a non-replacement would have an unique family.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 11:30 PM
You can either:
- Clone the default skin in Bodyshop (you need to have only those defaults in, no other defaults). All the textures should be there, though there's a chance the texture quality will be lower.
- Extract the textures from the Default skin in SimPE, clone a skin in Bodyshop, and replace the textures (either in SimPE or in Bodyshop)

For genetic skins, you can do what mdsb759 said. It's just a matter of fixing a few lines in SimPE. You can also clone the skin like with defaults, but it's more work and may reduce the texture quality.