Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Aliens born with the wrong eyes
I installed some default replacement alien eyes, and after that all of my aliens started being born with regular sim eyes instead of alien eyes. They still have alien eyes as an eyes gene, but for some reason it's marked as their recessive gene instead of the dominant one. So I removed those eyes (and confirmed that my sims who *are* using alien eyes are back to the original Maxis alien eyes), but my aliens are still being born with regular sim eyes.

How do I a) unjinx my game so it stops doing this, and b) fix my aliens so they have the right eyes?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:48 AM
Even without DRs affecting things, aliens can be born with a normal skin and/or eyes. Sounds like you might be having a string of bad luck. Unless you want to modify them in SimPE, not much you can do except reload until the baby comes out the way you want.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:00 AM
I've never had an alien born with either normal skin and eyes before this, and it's my understanding that that's what happens if the non-alien parent has some custom genetics that are not geneticized and thus are always dominant. I don't have such things, and I've never had an alien born without alien skin, and I've never had an alien born without alien eyes until after I installed the default replacement, after which point none of them were. Alien eyes were always dominant over everything else in my game, even in later generations.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:40 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 27th Aug 2018 at 5:01 AM.
I've seen it happen well before I installed any defaulted skins or eyes. The alien genetics are supposed to be dominant (sort of), so I don't get it either.

Do you have creaturefixes? There's something mentioned about alien eyes in its readme, though I'm afraid I don't understand what it means.

Also, just a crazy idea: Install a properly-geneticized default (or see if you can fix the one you were using) and see if that sets things back to the way they were.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:09 AM
Well, I already have default replacement eyes, and some slightly different colored geneticized and towniefied eyes from the same set, and they were the very first CC I ever installed.

Actually, though, I see at the Sims wiki (if that's accurate) that alien eyes have the same genetic dominance as the brown and dark blue eyes, rather than being CC-dominant over everything, which I guess would explain it since all three of the alien babies in question had dark blue eyes. I guess in my previous hood there weren't that many sims with dominant eye colors, so that may have been why the alien eyes were always dominant. I know there's weirdness with the alien skin, where even if the gene gets passed down to the second generation they generally don't express it.

If that's what happened with the eyes, though, that's good, it means the default wasn't broken after all and I can put it back in.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:21 AM
Do you have a link to the eyes, by the way? I'm looking into finding a replacement for the Maxis ones myself.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:28 AM
Well, I successfully produced an alien baby with alien eyes in my test hood using a sim with grey eyes, so I guess the Sims wiki was correct.

These are the eyes: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250245 That's also the same set of default replacements and geneticized/towniefied eyes that I have in my game, but I think in this particular upload they aren't defaults (or geneticized/towniefied) except for the alien eyes. I actually found the ones I have on TSR, this creator was a paid content uploader there and someone had uploaded the default/geneticized/towniefied versions of her eyes as a free download.