Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Gothi_family_4ever : 4th Jan 2023 at 2:24 AM.
Default Vampire Mod
* UPDATE * * UPDATE * * UPDATE * * UPDATE *

* UPDATE * * UPDATE * * UPDATE * * UPDATE *
Download New Mod

I manage to make the biting more fun:
If a vampire sim has for example only 3 charisma points
he can bite any sim but he won't succeed if this sim isn't his friend.
But if his charisma is over 8 point he need only 30 points with another sim to succeed to bite!

Bite success VS failure:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also I realize that if a vampire sim go to work (most of the jobs are in day time)
The mood plant thinks they outside at daylight and reduce they hunger and energy
so vampire sim might die when come back.
I changed the plant so if a vampire sim in work +inside car - they won't affected by plant.
This way they can still go to work but be careful to send them only when they're hunger is 100%!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teleportation changes:

THE MORE YOU BITE
THE LESS ENERGY YOU LOSE
~WHEN TELEPORT~

I changed the file: Destination.iff

Now the more your vampires bite - the less energy they lose when teleport.

Now Vampires can learn new abilities when sleeping inside coffins (and having vampire dreams...)
After sleeping for 4-5 full sleeps a vampire sim will get a message:

Hypnotize will work the same as Witch/Wizard Hypnotize...
(I am still working on it)

HAPPY BITING!

Download New Mod

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2023 at 2:51 AM
Also wanted to share with you my Vampire Houses Inspired By sims4:

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 9:07 PM
This is very interesting! I actually got biedersims' mod a veeeery long time, and while it was cool, I really hoped it had more things to do. Now you actually made it possible to have "real" vampires on TS1! Thanks a lot!

I see you're a very talented modder too, you have very creative and well-made hacks in here! I'm itching to get some freetime to use them. Thanks a lot!

Quick question: can your mods be easily removed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2023 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
This is very interesting! I actually got biedersims' mod a veeeery long time, and while it was cool, I really hoped it had more things to do. Now you actually made it possible to have "real" vampires on TS1! Thanks a lot!

I see you're a very talented modder too, you have very creative and well-made hacks in here! I'm itching to get some freetime to use them. Thanks a lot!

Quick question: can your mods be easily removed?

Thank you very much for your kind words.

About your question - this mod contain a lot of .iff files, Unfortunatelly I didn't manage to install the program that takes all those files into 1 far files.
I suggest and maybe I can make it by myself and attached to the downloaded folder - make a list that contains all the iff names of this mode (and skin files names)
you can call the list "vampire files" - and keep that list in the folder "Vampire" inside "downloads".
So if you want to delete the mod you can just go to the list, see what files you need to delete and delete them.

There are some files that overwrite the maxis original file but because the original ones located inside far files of the game (that you must NEVER delete them)
So my files never really overwrite anything forever.
For example - the file "destination.iff" (where I added the ability to teleport as a vampire) and you need to put it inside "GameData- Objects"
- if you want to delete this ability you can just delete this file: "destination.iff"
The original maxis file that located inside the far object will take place back automatically.

I'm only not sure about the file called "PersonGlobals.iff" - maybe this is not located in far file
If you have on your game an original file that my mod needs to overwrite "forever" change its name to "PersonGlobals_backup.iff" and even put it inside a subfolder called "backup files"
And then when you would like to delete the ability of a vampire to click on him/herself and check the biting's count (that's what the new PersonGlobals.iff of this mod do)
You just delete this and change the original file name back from "PersonGlobals_backup.iff" to ""PersonGlobals.iff" .

I strongly suggest to make constantly backups for you game (All the "maxis" folder) when you install new mods.

I hope I helped.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 10:47 PM
Oh, yes, it helps a lot! That's something I hadn't thought about -of course, you could just backup any of the modified files and drop them on its folder whenever you want to change anything. I remember a cellphone mod from Pandora's Sim (back then I dodn't know how shady that website really is), that really messed up my game. I was thinking exactly on which files did you modify -but I can see you've been really careful, as I thought.

Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Oh, yes, it helps a lot! That's something I hadn't thought about -of course, you could just backup any of the modified files and drop them on its folder whenever you want to change anything. I remember a cellphone mod from Pandora's Sim (back then I dodn't know how shady that website really is), that really messed up my game. I was thinking exactly on which files did you modify -but I can see you've been really careful, as I thought.

Thanks a lot!

I actually working on Pandora's Cellphone mod and fixing it
because her mod didn't worked good in my game
But I managed to understand how she did it and I find the mod files - but I'm still didn't fixed it all
Here 2 photos from what is working: