Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:06 AM
Default Pets Problems - Thank you!
I've had Pets for about 10 days, but I just installed it yesterday. I was in a contest and was affraid I'd mess up my game. In fact, I just installed FFS and Glamour Life yesterday for the first time. I finally caved because I HATE not having all there is to have. Juvenile, I know.

I'd also taken a hiatus from skinning, and after reading this thread, I am so glad I waited. I just downloaded Numenor's Base Game Starter WITH the Legacy Bodyshop! (THANK YOU, NUMENOR!)

Before catching up on my forum reading, I was going to open SimPE to look for clothing without meshes. I'm glad I found this thread first.

Is it okay to use the current version of SimPE (pre-pets) to do simple things like check for meshes? Will it work correctly, considering the PETS issues you all mentioned?

You are all geniuses in my book. You've taught me things I never thought I'd do. And you DO things, I never could. THANK YOU!!!!

Does EA EVER talk to you? Do they follow what is going on in this wonderful community? It certainly looks like they are either stupid, or don't care. I wholeheartedly believe that some of you know MORE than the EA people.

Thanks again for all this info! Getting a fix before you discover the problem... priceless!

Dara
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#52 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:41 AM
Yes, checking for meshes should be done correctly by the current version of SimPE. The differences between the "Pets format" of the BodyShop items and the "Pre-Pets" format shouldn't prevent a correct working or most of the SimPE functions. I believe that also changing the age for the clothings should work.

Quote:
Does EA EVER talk to you?
Not any more, unfortunately. They used to, long ago.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Inventor
#53 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 12:43 AM
I think they'd be wise to discuss the current issues amongst some of the finest MTS2 members! Mine might be related to something else but I had a blue faced sim for the first time after installing PETS but it may have had something to do with insimenator. The blue face disappeared after I changed the age to teen and back again to adult. It was blue after starting my game. I've not played in a bit but last time I played I was dealing with the blue face and removing it. Only other thing I noticed with pets is the tiny green arrow behind the cat when it gets on the climbing post. The arrow is some form of indicator telling the cat where to go in the animation. It pointed down just before the cat jumped down. I doubt the arrow is related but with it showing in game, who knows what it relates to! lol

I have not created anything with pets yet.

The only thing I could think of is to find a file that references the NEW codes in the files, like the priority command, etc. What other files call for that?

Well, Thanks numenor, beo, everyone, for working on this as it is above my level of knowledge. Way above.
Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
These problems there are partially when you creat a COMPLETE SIM too.

When you create a sim with Bodyshop and then you export him to share, in the Sims2Pack created by Bodyshop there are all the files the sim needs to work, this files are extract from BS so more of them have the new format code too.

this is not true. I've try all today. I've 2 pc and in one Pets is installed, in the other not, there is only TS2. Bodyshop, when export a sim, add to the sims2pack file all the custom content that are required, but don't change them. For example you create a Sim with custom dress and custom hair. If you have already fixed the hair recolor and the dress or if they were been created before Pets you have no problems by sharing the sim exported with people without PETs.
Otherwise if you have downloaded a cloth from a site before this site updates and fix the file for who not have PETS, and you exported a sim, in this case, and only in this case the property set line of package are wrong and not compatibility for who not has PETS installed.

I don't know if I've explained good ... but is important to remember that BODYSHOP DON'T CHANGE THE FILES ATTACHED IN A SIMS2PACK, Bodyshop only take the files (clothes, hair, skintone, makeup, eyes) as they are in the Downloads folder. So if the files were been fixed, install the Sim's Sims2Pack don't cause error to who don't have Pets installed

@@ CriCri @@
Webmistress of:
http://www.sims3cri.com - http://www.sims2cri.com - http://finds.sims2cri.com

If you like my downloads please click on Thanks button!

Sims2Cri and Sims3Cri are searching new staff members!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#55 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 1:04 AM
I think that you and MaryLou are basically saying the same thing.

Of course, if you - while creating your sim in Pets-BS- use only "safe" items, that are known to be compatible with all games, then the resulting sim will be backward compatible, too.

But if you include custom content purposely created for your sim, or you include downloaded stuff (that might be unknowingly Pets-only: many people still don't know about this problem) then there is a risk that your sims won't work properly in non-Pets games.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 10:37 PM
I'm pretty much computer stupid but I am a frequent user when it comes to custom content. I have TS2, OFB, NL, and UNI and I had planned on not getting any other EP. So I just recently re-installed the entire game, since I had previously uninstalled it and decided I did want to play again. Since all my previous custom content had obviously been deleted along with the game, I went back to all the websites I normally visit and re-downloaded everything. I drag the files from the WinAce folder into Mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/downloads and so on. I normally went through the sims file maid 2 but for some reason I couldn't find a way to direct the files into the game, they would only go to the desktop, which is partly due to my stupidity when it comes to these types of problems. Nonetheless, I put all the custom content back into the games and went to go and see if everything downloaded correctly. I got the same thing everyone else got here. A floating head when trying on an outfit (the naked body image), hair meshes wouldn't show up, and more than half of my downloaded content didn't even make it into the game. Sooo I've read every page of what everyone here has said and I'm lost in the words you even use. I don't know half the stuff you are saying, and I'm not ashamed to say this because again, computers aren't my thing. Anyway from what I did comprehend I was supposed to download the gamestarter or what not and I did but nothing happened so now I'm here. So my conclusion is this, I wait until they create a patch for this problem? If I bought the pets EP would the problem be gone? Or if I did buy the EP maybe the custom content would only remain if I played pets alone? I just don't know because when this problem first occurred I went crazy thinking I wasn't directing correctly to the game, or the sims file maid 2 was messed up, I was just confused so if someone could briefly help me I'd much much appreciate it. I'm sorry I just didn't understand anything you guys have been saying. Thanks for all your helps guys, I'd be so much more lost without your wonderful knowledge of the game! And to my understanding this fault is due to EA games and Maxis? Just curious cause it's been pretty frustrating trying to figure it all out. Thanks again everyone, your knowledge exceeds mine by far
The ModFather
retired moderator
#57 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 12:13 AM
If you see invisible hair etc., it's because these BodyShop recolours have been made by users that have Pets, and you don't have it. It's not your fault if you don't see this stuff correctly; it's not a mistake done during installation.

You *don't* need the BaseGameStarter: it is only useful for *creators* that want to creat recolours compatible with any games; but if they create Pets-only recolours, then you just can't see them correctly in your game (unless you manually fix each package with SimPE, as explained HERE).

Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:29 AM
See I told you I didn't know what I was doing! Well I don't have a problem with the custom downloads image not showing up but my problem is that half the stuff I download doesn't even work in the game. It will show up as the original sims outfit and if I click on it the download actually is the original sims outfit. And it's not that I didn't download the mesh, I download all the meshes so it leaves me wondering what is wrong. Well I'm sure eventually I'll figure this all out but thanks again for setting me straight and helping me with what you could. You guys are good...
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:30 PM
Default Crash
First of all, I'm sorry if I'm using this thread in the wrong way. I just wanted to know if is it possible that contents made with pets installed on a non-pets game can cause a crash/any problem. I had installed pets contents (without knowing) and now I'm worried about the consequence: should I reinstall the sims 2/Uni/NL/OFB?
Thanks, and sorry for my english. :P
The ModFather
retired moderator
#60 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 11:53 PM
As far as I could see so far, there are no risks of crashes or any other problem than the ones reported: the Pets content just do not show up properly in non-pets games.

Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:53 AM
Great! (I hate reinstalling the sims2 ^__^)
Thank you Numenor, you've been very helpful as always.
Test Subject
#62 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:11 AM
If I download Pets will all the content I downloaded (that was made with pets) show up and work properly?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#63 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:22 AM
Trina_Leigh, yes all the content you have already will work with Pets. The problem is when someone with Pets creates bodyshop content and someone without Pets tries to use it in their game.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Instructor
#64 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 9:13 AM
You do not have to delete all your thumbnails.
Ctrl-rightclick any wrong thumbnails, and the game will redraw them.
Works in CAS and the build/buy catalogs.
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 2:24 AM
I dont have pets installed, but I never saw this until just recently. What happened to my after-pets hair and downloads of other type was, that they did not show at all, and in case of hair, they showed as a head without hair completely. However a few days ago this happened to me with clothing! Interesting though were a few things:

1) this nude misbehaving body showed for some downloads that werent made with pets: for example those unlocked maxis adam and eve leaves
2) ALL of the weird thumbnails normally work when I try them on a sim, even though some of them are smaller than the maxis body (slimmer male).

I guess I just had luck?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#66 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 8:31 AM
Jordi - I didn't know! thanks, this will save me precious minutes, every time I forget to delete the thumbnails and have to reload the game

Caeru - Is there any chance that those "unlocked Adam and Eve" were actually created using a Pets-BodyShop? After all, to "unlock" a hidden clothing, you have to create a package that contains the same files that cause incompatibilities with pre-pets games... I mean, the fact that the Adam and Eve suits were released by Maxis with an older game doesn't mean that for sure the "unlocked version" is pre-pets compatibile.

Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 3:18 PM
They were for sure created before Pets, because the downloads are so old that Im nearly sure pets didnt exist back then. I just downloaded them recently because I´d missed them before.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#68 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:27 AM
Just a heads up: I've found this message on my way-too-neglected SimPage at the Exchange

Hi everyone,
We wanted to let you know that we are working on two patches for the Pets Expansion Pack. The first patch will address the backward compatibility problems that occurred when creating Sims using the version of BodyShop that was included in Pets. This patch is close to being finished and we hope to have it released before the end of the year.

The second patch will address many of the reported game play issues that have been found in Pets and we plan to have this delivered early in the new year.

Stay tuned for more information on these patches, and thank you for alerting us on these issues.

-The Sims Team

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 1:56 PM
Hooray for that, Numenor!
Page 3 of 3