Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "attribute number out of range" - problem with pet career
I have got a very strange problem. My pet sims, who are Therapy pets (second step in the Service career), can´t arrive home from work properly. They only sink into the ground and wont get either promoted or payed. When playing in debug-mode, an error-message appears. The error is something called "attribute number out of range". So I searched around on the web and found this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem.
I followed every step:
- Tried without any CC and without the SavedSims-folder
- Without the old user files
And yes; I have patched all of my games. Since that didn´t help I finally reinstalled all of my EPs. But the problem is still there!

All of the therapy pets in all of my hoods are affected. So right now I am totally confused. I have done everything I can think of and nothing has solved the problem. I think the problem came when I installed AL, so perhaps it´s a bug that came with AL that hasn´t been fixed with the patch? Or is it maybe something wrong with my game? Is there anything else I can do or will I have to accept that I can´t use the service-career anymore (the other two pet careers seem to work okay)? I can´t read error-logs, so I have attached two of the error-logs. If someone is able to help me I would be very grateful.

I apologize for my poor english, but I hope you understand what I´m writing.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (26.3 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:57 PM
You told us what you did, but you didn't tell us the results. What happened when you let the game generate completely new user files and then ran without any CC? Did pets in that career continue to have this problem? If so, then I would suggest avoiding that career.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:18 PM
Oh sorry. Yes, they continued to have the problem. But there isn´t much to do then? Is it normal to have problems like this?
Site Helper
#4 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:38 PM
I know that pets can end up stuck in the ground when the game resets. Installing a new EP would make this happen. However, it shouldn't be happening in a newly generated save game with no CC.

You've reinstalled the entire game, which rules out corrupted installation files.
You've patched everything, which rules out known fixed problems.
You've generated fresh user files, which rules out a corrupted save game, lot or pet.
You've removed your CC, which rules out bad CC.

I don't know of anything else to try. In a situation like this, avoiding the career seems like a reasonable alternative.

Of course, you can wait to see whether anyone else has any ideas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 1:27 PM
Okay, thank you for your advises. Hopefully AL hasn´t caused me any more problems, and if that´s the case this is not a really big disaster after all.