Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 9th May 2005 at 1:08 PM
An hour before my sim is due to go to class, one of those error things pops up saying 'error occurred in history major' or whatever and if I press cancel, it comes up again, if I press reset, she doesn't go to class, and if I press delete then all of the uni stuff goes away and she is just in a normal adult life phase.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 12th May 2005 at 1:54 AM
Default Dormies leaving
My problem that I have been having is that all my dormmates keep leaving..so I start out with a full dorm and then i start to notice unclaimed doors...and nobody new comes in to claim them. I never have more than 2 of my own sims per dorm. So it's all townies taking off. If I move them out and into a new dorm nobody comes to claim the rest of the rooms. I used to Clean Installer and removed empty folders and all that. The only 2 hacks I have are the final exam and full aspiration one. All the dorms are maxis made too.
Instructor
#178 Old 12th May 2005 at 2:40 AM
i didnt get the ep yet so im planning on getting rid of my downloads folder *cries* then going back and installing only the ones i like. just to make sure that it runs safely. sound like a plan?
Test Subject
#179 Old 15th May 2005 at 2:52 PM Last edited by apparition : 15th May 2005 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Found Help on this issue
The water in all of my ponds is red
I can't put any lillies in the pond because it says there is no water. when i use the build tool, i click on the water drop but all i get is a red valley

I found the help on this issue in the technical issues forum. It seems to be related to my graphics card
#180 Old 15th May 2005 at 3:43 PM
Default Big Problem
Hello. I created my own dorm and moved my 2 sims into there. now that they have both graduated i only have 72hours to move them out. I went to the computer and clicked 'find new place' and i got a message saying that because im moveing my whole household i have to use the 'move students tool' in the university menu. So i went to the university menu, clicked the tool and moved my students into the bin. Now this is where im stuck! How do i move them back into Pleasantville?!?!?!? What do i do next?!?!
Test Subject
#181 Old 31st May 2005 at 3:48 AM Last edited by CheryCola04 : 31st May 2005 at 3:55 AM.
I have had a few glitches/bugs/wtfs, I'm thinking a re-install is in my immediate future.
(1) accidently deleted headmaster with bubbleblower, now he won't come back, says he will, but then he doesn't show at all
(2)on community lots, I cannot access the phone to call a taxi to go anywhere, and if I invite another sim to go along with me, it just flashes back and forth between the 2 (haven't tried with more than 2) different sims
(3)my sims don't walk around or talk on the phone anymore
(4) when potty training (and other times, but mostly pt) the house and all objects/sims disappear until the toddler hops off the potty or the sim steps out of the shower or ... I have NEVER seen a funny PT face, cuz everything disappears first
(5) child could not select piano, (or any instrument for that matter), kept telling me that there were no available actions, but earlier I had her banging away on those keys like there was no tomorrow

That's all I can think of right now, I have a couple of hacks in like the phone line controller, simlogical intercom transmitter, inteenimater_B, insimenator 1.2(EP) Dest, abductionpregnancy-fem and male, abductionpregnancy-animations, I have more that I have not yet added in another folder
Im planning on combining my 2 dl folders (one was what I had before I installed uni and I just moved it out and set it aside, things are slowly trickling into the game from it) running clean install and then reinstalling the games unless someone can help me out. I'm bummed because this is the first time I've actually PLAYED a family usually I get them to have kids, and then think of something else I want to try, create a new family and so forth, I actually have my very first elder, and teen, I was also playing this as my legacy family (with a little extra help, obviously)
Test Subject
#182 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:11 AM
ok, I've re-installed, I've been purging downloads, and yet I still have problems. Namely #2 and 3 on my list above. Can someone please respond and tell me how to fix these problems? I really don't have time right now to go through the entire thread again. I'm going to keep working on this family, but I would like to go to a community lot someday, and be able to leave it properly without having to exit to neighborhood. When I tried earlier, she went, swam around a bit and then just walked off. No matter how many times I tried to stop her, she just went and I had no choice but to exit to the 'hood.
Instructor
#183 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:39 AM
OK - I've searched this huge thread for the word "wants" and haven't had any hits, so I'll go ahead and ask this really, really basic question... *blush*

Do my Sims get the extra want slots AFTER they graduate, or do they get them WHILE at university?

Reason I ask is because I haven't had any sims graduate just yet, and maybe my mind is going on me, but I'm sure I had more than 4 wants slots before...
Scholar
#184 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 5:00 PM
I am pretty sure they get at least one at some point in college. Not sure of the second. I never noticed when it appeared. I have had only 4 graduate so far. Hope this helps a little.

Teresa
Test Subject
#185 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 12:54 AM
1. half the time i cant get into the game cuz it keep loading and loadin i left it for 2 days pne and it stayed in the same spot.
2. i got into it once and it said 1 hour till skool andmy sim dies!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#186 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Knightskykyte
OK - I've searched this huge thread for the word "wants" and haven't had any hits, so I'll go ahead and ask this really, really basic question... *blush*

Do my Sims get the extra want slots AFTER they graduate, or do they get them WHILE at university?

Reason I ask is because I haven't had any sims graduate just yet, and maybe my mind is going on me, but I'm sure I had more than 4 wants slots before...

They get the 5th want after completing their freshman year or if they quit college. At senior yesr they can lock two. The 6th one appears after they become adults.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#187 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettynpink4253
1. half the time i cant get into the game cuz it keep loading and loadin i left it for 2 days pne and it stayed in the same spot.
2. i got into it once and it said 1 hour till skool andmy sim dies!

Use the Clean Installer to check for hacks. Careers can cause lots not to load. As far as students dying, it was a non-EP compatible version of one of the teen pregnancy hacks.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Instructor
#188 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
They get the 5th want after completing their freshman year or if they quit college. At senior yesr they can lock two. The 6th one appears after they become adults.

Thankyou for your response!

I've kept playing since my original post, and discovered the progression in the Wants panel. Boy I'm glad my lot have finally graduated, I've had enough now! Studying is bad enough in real life :D
Test Subject
#189 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 2:41 PM
Default Toga, Toga, NO toga??
Okay, I have a sim born in game. I created two other female sims (all at young adult in Uni CAS) I cheated up the two created money, moved them into a really nice house on campus. I then moved my born sim out of her dorm and then from the sim bin, merged her into the household with the other two created sims. After she moved in, she used the phone to apply for Greek house charter and was accepted. Now, when they throw a toga party, she changes into her PJs and EVERYONE else is in toga's. She also goes to class in her pj's, underwear or whatever she happens to be wearing at the time. I have seen one other person mention this problem, but no potential fix.

Also, I have seen mentioned, but no fix... when they talk on the phone, their mouths don't move any more. :werd:

C
Test Subject
#190 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
Use the Clean Installer to check for hacks. Careers can cause lots not to load. As far as students dying, it was a non-EP compatible version of one of the teen pregnancy hacks.

Wiw thanks I never thought about that!!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]~PrettyNpink4253~[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#191 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:52 PM
Hi,

I got this problem a few days ago:
My sim got a baby and after restarting the game it was dissappeard. On the loading screen I could see it, but its family icon wasn't there. I have already looked for a hack but I can't find any..
Is there a hack available???? :confused:
Test Subject
#192 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CheryCola04
(5) child could not select piano, (or any instrument for that matter), kept telling me that there were no available actions, but earlier I had her banging away on those keys like there was no tomorrow

perhaps the piano needs to be tuned? when it needs tuning, only an adult has access to it, and the only option is "tune"
Test Subject
#193 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 9:32 PM
Has anyone else had this problem with the Necromonicron? I have it on two
residential lots. I have resurrected only a few people. Now the build and buy
catalog are greyed out. I can't add or take anything away on these two lots!
Is this a glitch or a hack problem? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Scholar
#194 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 1:54 PM
I just bought the sims2 university today,but after listening to all of you on this post.

I don't know where I want to install the game or not.My Sims2 game works just fine,I can handle the hacks as well as the cheats,with no problems.

I read or heard somewhere if you dont get all the sims folders out with the uninstallations that you will have problems with the game,when you try and reinstall it again.coz parts of the sims will stay in your folders causing problems,Something about the register keys

There is a SimErase for the Sims game but dont know if it will work for
the sims2 game. Here's the URL:

http://thesims.ea.com/us/support/simseraser.html

Don't use this SimErase on my account,I triped over it surfing the web one day.Maybe some of the modders here could take a look at it and ?
Maybe its just for the Old Sims game dunno.

Back to the expansion Pack,I'm really hesitant about installing the University pack.

Hate to lose a good thing,with the sims2 game.
If there is no animation in the expansion pack,
And you can't play the pin ball then,I don't know

Maxie should made this University pack a stand alone thingy.
Like the sims2, then we wouldnt be so confused.

I had troubles with the Old Sims game,the expansion packs.
The Sims, Living Large, House Party, and Hot Date.

And, Maxie had to come back and do the same thing to Sims2.
Don't they ever learn by the mistakes they make?Doh!!!

They never worked the bugs out of the sims game,
what makes you think they will make it work with the Uni?

Thats my thinking,which don't count 99% of the time.
So im still wondering where to or not too,Prolly Won't.

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Banned
#195 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 2:04 PM
Dont let this topic fool you.

I have university and have absolutely NO problems.
I dont know what causes all of these, but they dont exist for me, and hacks and mods fix the common ones anyway.
#196 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 8:13 PM Last edited by MiRi81 : 6th Jul 2005 at 7:25 PM.
My sims don't change into togas when there's a toga party. They change into Pjs instead.
Test Subject
#197 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 9:20 AM Last edited by bobandfish : 6th Jul 2005 at 9:28 AM.
can some one help one of my sims as disappeared.
just the the green icon but no sim :confused:
he cant move but stand there { just then icon there}
he cant be kill of to .
is it a bug or some thing ! :banned:

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]"who the fool the fool who follow the fool or the fool"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Test Subject
#198 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 7:46 PM
I cant do any self sim actions....like influence, go to class, go to exam, streak, etc. i even tried reinstalling the sims 2 and university and it still wont work....can anyone help?
Test Subject
#199 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:01 AM Last edited by whateverhappened01 : 12th Jul 2005 at 9:47 PM. Reason: Solved the problem
Default My sims can't go to class
I know this problem has been posted before, but since no one ever posted an answer, I figured I might as well ask again.

When I click on my sim, there isn't a "college" option and needless to say, there isn't a "go to class" option either. However, they are able to write a term paper and research.

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

EDIT: I solved the problem by running S2PCI and disabling all my hacks except the Insimenator.
Page 8 of 8