Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:22 PM Last edited by velvetina : 7th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM.
Default Game started having lag problems after updating Windows 10... (Semi-solved)
After I updated Windows 10 to the latest version a few days ago, the configuration I had for Sims 2 got reset, and I had to put it back to how it was again, but it keeps lagging! Before I updated, it ran almost perfectly, save for those times when there are too many objects at once, but now it's happening all the time. I did everything that could help with that problem, but it's barely improving. I'm completely lost at this, and I don't know what else can I do.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:27 PM
I wonder if it's Securom kicking in? Damn odd if it is but you can read about this issue over at Leefish:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688

Other issues might be it no longer loves your video card as much as it did (check graphicrules.sgr doesn't need adjustment) or you might need to try and up the way the game addresses your RAMz or you might need to modify the exe to deal with your multicores. All this info is available at Leefish - it's a good resource to start checking about lagginess.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM Last edited by velvetina : 7th Sep 2017 at 5:19 PM. Reason: Ignore this, I think I got it. See post below.
I don't have Securom, that's why it ran almost buttery smooth. The graphicsrules.sgr is modified to recognize my card and I used the Nvidia control panel to force it into using only one core. It has exactly the same configuration I had before, but it runs worse! My PC is a laptop, a Sony VAIO VPCEG25FL, if it helps...
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to post an update. So I downloaded the SecuROM removal tool to check if it was indeed that, and what a surprise, there were files for that crap! So I removed them all, and then ran CCleaner to get rid of any loose references. I already had the game running with an unmentionable, so I only have to start it again and see if it runs like before.