Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help identifying this face template
Hello all,

I have a face template in my CAS that I'd like to remove, but I cannot identify where it came from. It has generated on a few townies, but I haven't found a guide for SimPE that would allow me to check the actual name of the template they are using.

I found a thread on GoS that touched on a "borked" Maxis face template that will appear when custom, non-default face templates are added to the game. However, they did not include a picture, and they said that face was appearing at the front of the face template order; my face is the last to load.

I've attached a photo of the face in question, from BodyShop.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:53 PM
No idea - but there's a simple way (if a little time consuming) to figure out which it is. Take out your templates, and apply the 50/50 technique. Test half of the templates - if the template is still there, test another half. If not, test the other half. Split the half with the template in two, and keep going this way until you've narrowed it down.

Make sure to delete the cache files between each try (they save 'ghosts' of CAS files for faster loading, occasionally causing seemingly removed items to lag behind).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:54 PM
Update: I had a file called "facefile-alien-facetemplate" in my downloads; when I moved it elsewhere, and reopened BodyShop, the face is now the default Maxis alien face.

Now, I have a Multi PT mod, so this face isn't being used. And, given the old face was used on generated townies, I worry the Maxis alien face will appear on townies as well. Is it safe at this point to download a default replacement face for the Alien face?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaffosske
Update: I had a file called "facefile-alien-facetemplate" in my downloads; when I moved it elsewhere, and reopened BodyShop, the face is now the default Maxis alien face.

Now, I have a Multi PT mod, so this face isn't being used. And, given the old face was used on generated townies, I worry the Maxis alien face will appear on townies as well. Is it safe at this point to download a default replacement face for the Alien face?

It was, lol. Thanks!