Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:36 PM Last edited by Hellken : 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC appears in game but missing from menus | Only appears when 'rolling dice' in CAS or random Sim ages up
[Game: Sims 2. My latest pack is Mansion & Garden.]

I have had this custom content for some time (Young Adult/Adult Female Undies). Link here: https://thesimsresource.com/members...ard/id/1199478/

It only appears in game but missing from menus. By that I mean:
  1. It will not appear in CAS menus. It cannot be selected directly. It will only appear by chance if you click 'randomize' in CAS.
  2. It cannot be bought in-game shops and stores
  3. It cannot be seen in Body Shop.

The only way a Sim obtains it is by randomly getting it when they age up.

I assumed that there was a possibility it was a replacement of some sort and the creator made a mistake. But that does not seem to be the case as it does not seem to replace anything as far as I can tell.

I decided to open it in SimPE and I noticed it was missing references. There are only 6 resources*.

(For comparison I downloaded other custom content that was working OK to test. There were 8 resources*.)

Normally I would just get rid of the CC. But I realized that since it has been sitting there for some time and only obtained randomly that means some sims have it already. How can I fix it and add the missing resources*?

*Edit: Resources not references
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:46 PM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM.
It's probably been townified and not kept as available for regular use. You could probably change it with Wardrobe Wrangler.

Edit:
Oh - just had a look at it. It's not the townified issue, it's an incomplete Bodyshop project file, not the finalised file it should be. We screen for those here.

Edit 2:
Here you go - easy fix. Should work now.

Oh wait, you said you were worried about it being used by existing sims - don't worry about that, just delete it if you don't want it. Any sims wearing it will just default back to something EAxis. This version of the file is new so won't help with that anyway.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RedandLeopardUndies.zip (57.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM
Many thanks!!! I will test this out. I am curious. What exactly did you do? How did you fill in the missing resources? Does this mean that your fixed file has a different "ID" and is not a replacement for the broken one? Thanks again!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM
Yeah, I just extracted the texture from the file and made a new version. I had to copy the texture and create an alpha. Really nothing special.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc