Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't Go to Community Lots
For some time now, I've been having a glitch where my Sims drop any kind of travel to community lots from their queue when they either get to the car in question or the edge of the lot (if walking). At long last, I decided to run in debug mode to see what was going on, and lo and behold:

Error: Bad gosub tree number.
(full error file on this pastebin)

Now from my poking around on the almighty Google, apparently this means I'm running a mod for an EP I don't have...except I have all the EPs and SPs (plus the A&N one), so that doesn't make sense, and the other suggested possibility, that I only have half a mod (i.e. a missing file in a downloaded mod) is incredibly nonspecific. I've tried deleting all mods obviously to do with travel to community lots (ones less obviously labeled might be troublesome) but the problem still persists. Every family, every time. Any shortcuts that might save my sanity while I work on the half-and-half method?

(apologies if this posts a bajilion times, my Internet keeps wigging out)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:51 AM
I had this happen to me after downloading a custom hood. I always figured it carried with it stuff for some mod I do not have, and that was the problem. Fortunately I had backed up my folder before installing it, and I discovered it very quickly, so I just reverted back to the saved version. Have you downloaded any hoods lately?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
Sometimes it's because of a mod that seems nothing to do with the prlblem. I'd try it with a clean game. You have the 50/50 method and HCDU to help you too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:53 AM
Bad gosub tree number can indicate that you don't have a needed EP, but it can also indicate you have a mod which requires more than one file and you have one or more missing files. As far as I know this error is always one or the other. Since you have all EP's it must be the second, a missing file.

Do you have smarter EP check? This is required by a few mods as add-on file. If you don't have this try adding it. http://cyjon.net/node/323

The 50/50 won't help with this since it detects problem files, not missing ones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:42 AM
I was having this same problem a few months ago due to a mod conflict. I think it was a conflict between community lot time and a mod to bring toddlers to community lots. I definitely recommend using HCDU to check for conflicts.
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
The error log is inconsistent with the behave that's throwing the error in every EP and every version of A&N so it is caused by a mod. The file named 'df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders.package' will certainly cause the problem as described in the error, I've no idea what other mods may also cause it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:53 PM
I use both community lot time (original version not Chris Hatch's version) and toddler riders and both work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 1:17 PM
toddlers puppies kitties ALSO requires a special add on to make it work. a lot of people miss this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:17 PM
True it does, this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303431

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 13th Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM.
Well, I'll be darned, I didn't even remember I had that mod (I looked and I do), thanks! I'll get back to you guys later now that I've gotten the addon (which I'm normally quite vigilant about). Don't have time to check it right now before work, since the game takes around 45 minutes to get into a household with all my CC, but I'll certainly edit this tonight to let you know if that was the problem. Hopefully, it was and my Sims no longer have to be recluses!

EDIT: Well, guys, I don't know if that was the problem, but you definitely provided the solution. Thanks so much!

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4