Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blue, windowed screen after rolling back Nvidia drivers
Hey guys; I have had Windows 10 since it came out, and have not had any problem running TS2 (UC) on it since then. I'm on a dual card laptop, and I have my PC fooled into thinking I'm on a metered connection so it doesn't auto-update, but a recent change of ISP and my forgetfulness meant that it automatically updated my Nvidia drivers - as I imagined, TS2 wouldn't like it, and it booted to an empty blue screen that is windowed rather than fullscreen - same for Castaway Stories. Switching either of them to run on my Intel chipset makes them run fine, albeit quite hot and laggy. No biggy, I think, I'll just roll back the Nvidia drivers to the ones that worked (155.60). No dice. I try with earlier drivers, with later ones - after about a dozen removals with Display Driver Uninstaller and a dozen installs (manually, no GeForce Experience), I still get the same result. I searched for anyone who has had a similar issue, but black screens seem more common than my issue, and I can't figure out why the driver that used to work no longer does. Anyone had similar issues before who could help me out? Thanks!
Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !