Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 16th Dec 2017 at 1:13 AM.
Default How to stop the "Are you sure you want to rent this apartment?" message from popping up and resetting my sims on a regular home lot?
As soon as I started playing my family that message keeps popping up and every time I click yes it just resets my sims and never registers. By the way the lot isn't an apartment lot, it's just a regular home lot but I still kept getting the message regardless and clicking no does the same thing so my sims are just stuck in the same spot turning in different positions with each click of a button and since it pops back up as soon as you click the button it's impossible to play the game. However whenever I take the Mods folder out the problem went away so it must be something wrong with one of the mods that is glitching my game out.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:22 PM
Sounds like you've already solved your problem. A mod is causing this issue, so the mod must go. It's either incompatible with your game or conflicting with another mod. Find out which mod causes the problem by putting some mods back in and delete the problematic one.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:25 PM
Sounds like you need to do a 50\50. Take out all your mods and add them back in a few at a time until the problem returns.when it does load the game with just the mods you added right before it came back. Take these out one at a time until tie the problem is gone. Then you should knew which mod it was causing the problem.
Or you could download the program that check s for conflicting or faulty mods. Can't remember what it's called. I don't use it because it doesn't work for me.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:41 PM
Its called the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU for short). It only checks for conflicting mods. It doesn't check for faulty mods, or mods that don't work with your EP set. The HCDU would only work for the OP if it was a mod conflict that was making one mod not work correctly. If a mod is working correctly then it won't help at all.

It was at SimWardobe but the site is now dead. MTS member ihatemandatoryregister has a link to an alternative way to get Simwardobe mods in the bottom of his posts. Find one of his posts and click on the link if you want the HCDU.

Keyqueen its an old utility and only accepts one path. If you are using Double Deluxe or Ultimate Collection you will have to make the path EA GAMES-The Sims 2-Downloads. You have to make the The Sims 2 folder inside the EA GAMES folder then create a Downloads folder inside The Sims 2 folder. Move your mods into the Downloads folder inside The Sims 2 folder and run the HCDU, after its given you a report you can move them back.

From what I understand, the creator left the Sims 2 before things like Double Deluxe, Fun with Pets or the other multiple EP packs were put out and never updated the utility to automatically use other paths. It only uses the path for the original base game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Sounds like you've already solved your problem. A mod is causing this issue, so the mod must go. It's either incompatible with your game or conflicting with another mod. Find out which mod causes the problem by putting some mods back in and delete the problematic one.

I found out it was a file called ijAddGender4KeyLock_BV that was causing the problem but I fixed by typing Sims 2 in the google search bar and pasting ijAddGender4KeyLock_BV after it. I found the file name in one of the MTS links and clicked on it then I went to download page downloaded the AL version instead and installed it. The funny thing is that I had BV installed in my old EA Games that has a lot of other mods and Custom Content in it and it didn't cause me any problems until I decided that I wanted to start fresh and moved the old folder on to the desktop.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
It was at SimWardobe but the site is now dead. MTS member ihatemandatoryregister has a link to an alternative way to get Simwardobe mods in the bottom of his posts. Find one of his posts and click on the link if you want the HCDU.

Hi! I'm a female, by the way.

It's under the Programs sub-folder. If you're using the UC, you'll have to temporarily move your downloads folder from the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder to The Sims 2 or it won't be able to detect it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:46 PM
Moved to help. You might want to edit your title to add (solved)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~