Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University
Default I would like to keep a mod but also restore the Maxis item it replaced
I apologize if this is already somewhere else, I looked but couldn't find it and I'm not very skilled at discussion boards.

The situation is that I've installed some hair mods (I have Sims 2 and University), and I didn't realize it but one or more of them apparently replaced original Maxis content (for example, the Viking helmets). I like the new hairstyles very much, but I didn't want the Maxis items replaced. Is there some way I can keep the mods, but also restore the Maxis content that they replaced? I don't know specifically which mod replaced them...I thought I was being careful when I was downloading new things, but if whatever I downloaded indicated that it was going to be replacing things, I must have missed it.

I would very much appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Thanks most kindly.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 5:53 AM
You could always find a custom version of the same hair. Sims2Defaults lists different default replacements for hairs (and other bodyshop content) most creators mention the name of the hair used as replacement and once you've checked that you can go to AllTheHairs and hunt custom versions of those same hairs down.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:29 AM
Go back to where you downloaded the hair. A lot of people will make other people's custom content into defaults and link to the original, out of courtesy or to comply with the creator's TOU.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)