Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Airelda : 7th Jan 2018 at 4:20 AM.
Default I want to make some downloaded make up items for females only not males
Hi Everyone,

I am tired of having a lot of make up cluttering up the choices in my male make up categories. I want to have minimal make up here that I select only for my guys.

I've tried looking at the files in Wardrobe Wrangler, but I find that the "Female" option is ticked, not the "Both" category, so I don't know why these show up in the guys section?

Is there a way of altering the files in SimPE so that they only show up in the female makeup bin, or for some items to only show up in the male makeup bin?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:28 PM
I've never used Wardrobe Wrangler, so I don't know how files show up there at all, I've only ever used SimPE.

However, I've just looked at a lipstick that I know to be female-only vs one that shows for both in SmPE, and the latter has more of the "Texture Overlay XML"s than the former. One set are marked for male (gender = 0x00000002) and the other are for female (gender = 0x00000001). The female-only one only has the sets marked female.
While I can't be sure, never having tried it myself (make a backup just in case - you don't want to ruin the original files!), pull up the files in SimPE and remove all the Texture Overlay XMLs for the gender you don't want to see in-game. Commit and save, then test it out.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airelda
Hi Everyone,

I am tired of having a lot of make up cluttering up the choices in my male make up categories. I want to have minimal make up here that I select only for my guys.

I've tried looking at the files in Wardrobe Wrangler, but I find that the "Female" option is ticked, not the "Both" category, so I don't know why these show up in the guys section?

Is there a way of altering the files in SimPE so that they only show up in the female makeup bin, or for some items to only show up in the male makeup bin?

If you're using Wardrobe Wrangler, you're probably missing the other pages of the categorisation - see picture. You need to change or delete all the options for male in the bottom left corner selection bar - I suspect you might be only changing the first one. If you look at the first picture, you can see it says for the item I've selected that the make up is for elder female there but when you move the bar along to the second place (second picture), it's now for teen female. Originally, this item was for all ages and both genders and there was a tab on there for male toddlers then female toddlers and then male children then female children, and so on. I used WW to make it available for females only and teen up by deleting the pages/tabs for males and children and toddlers. As you can see it is now available in only four categories (female teen to elder) but was originally available in 12 categories). There are several pages of the 'cataloging' of CC for many skins which apply to different ages and genders and you access them by moving that bar.

You need to remove the ones you don't want. Make sure your male adult page is selected and then use the button to the left (I've pointed it out with an arrow) to remove the information which causes the item to show up for that age/gender (or whatever gender/age you want).

If you can use WW, it's much simpler to do this sort of thing than using SimPE. That button doesn't remove any of the CC contents (i.e. the textures/picture) just the cataloging information that causes it to show up for adult males or whatever. It's the same as editing it in SimPE only much simpler to use and understand. WW is a good piece of kit for this sort of thing.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc