Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
Default So how many Sims does your current neighbourhood have?
Okay since a few months now I have been playing the Beginning of Pleasantview Neihgbourhood, also including the Landgraabs from the Beginning of Bluewater Village (the rest of the Bluewater Families will follow later) and a few CAS families.

This means, many, many more households than I usually prefer to play with an a rotation takes a long time. Just now I started to wonder just how many, currently living, resident Sims my neighbourhood has at the moment.
Of course if you play with the standard ages (or almost standard ages, like me) it will change rather rapidly, but currently Pleasantview and it's various subhoods (excluding premade uni students which I treat as Townies/Dormies, basically marriage fodder) boast a population of 102 Sims(!) from newborn babbeh to ancient grandparent.
I don't know about anybody else, but to me and my usual playstile of less than 12 households this is an astronomical number and from now on I'm probably gonna count the population every few rotations to see whether there's an upwards or downwards trend through my normal gameplay.
Of those 102, 98 are non-supernatural Sims (though one is an ex-Werewolf) and 4 are Witches/Warlocks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM
I think I'll beat you all! I have 9.
9 UNI students presently. I am at The Beginning Of Daughnoth my brand new world. And since I decided everyone would start as a YA...there they all are.
All? No! These are my first batch.
Of course, I'll add my 3 favorite Elders to the main 'Hood soon as if they were there since forever. But for now, no one lives in the main 'Hood, Daughnoth, they are in the UNI subHood.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:06 PM
in the hood i'm playing at the moment there is 30 playables,of course they will all be forced to multiply due to it being a BACC

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM
According to my spreadsheet, I currently have 7 households and 39 total sims (33 alive, 6 dead). The next round is expected to have possibly 20 sims moving in. Which I'm very excited for. It may not seem like it, but Immgration is important for small hoods.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
My Megahood-excluding-Veronaville/town for my story has a ton, even though I've just set it up.

My for-fun neighborj (as I accidentally called it and it stuck) has two families.

A mixed bag, I guess!

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
shipped version main neighborhoods; those are now at their shipped version numbers. though Belladonna Cove for awhile had the characters from the hidden sub-neighborhoods named Pets, Weather, Magic.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
. It may not seem like it, but Immgration is important for small hoods.

Oh I agree, it helps with the availability of future partners for Sims and ensures the creation and continuation of genetic diversity. Immigration is very important for any neighbourhood
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:56 PM
In Bellefleur the total number of pixels: Townies, Downtownies and regulars is 400. I have about 30 active households. Of course this is the old PV neighborhood which has survived nearly 10 years so far, with lots and lots of TLC.

It's going to grow even more in the next few years-because the second generation kids are graduating from college and going to start getting married off or shacking up. I'm actually looking forward to it, and have at least 1 marriage already planned out-Alex Goth & Lucy Burb. (I play very slowly...)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:03 AM
Rematra Village.
From Christainlov Census tool
Population - Total: 1,035
Population - Alive and Valid: 974

61 Deceased
520 men
454 females

23 babies
15 toddlers
42 children
93 teens
84 college students
606 adults
111 elders

334 in player families
108 Townies
228 NPCS
39 Downtownies
20 Display pets
14 strays
25 orphan pets
15 reserved ID min
45 default family
9 garden club members
137 unknown family

95 animals
1 skunk
4 wolves
55 dogs
40 cats

0 zombies
4 vampires
2 servos
1 plantsim
1bigfoot
(Not included: 1 werewolf, 4 non high witches/warlocks)

In simpler terms a lot.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:03 AM
Oh..well if we need to count Townies, and such then I have more than 9.
So..9 playables, but I also created :
-15 adults
-9 Children
-9 Elders + 7*
-6 Teens.
These are the Townies my 'Hood has.
-14 Young Adults.
These are my Dormies. (Might all become playables soon)
-7 babies
These are my Adoptees.
*After being sent to the adoption pool, I turned them into elders, hence the + 7.

Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:15 AM
Oh I personally don't count Townies (in my headcanon they live in the off-screen districts where my Sims go to work), but when I counted my Sims form neighbourhood view I also counted their hair colours:

Of my 102 Sims. 44 have Black hair, 26 Brown, 19 are Blonde and 13 are Redheads.
Theorist
#12 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:45 AM
My new custom neighborhood currently only has 17 (custom playable) sims, and 2 game generated sims (paperboy and mailman).

I used the 'Scorched earth approach' of the tutorial here http://www.woodensimolean.com/NoMoreUglyNPCs more than a year ago to forever rid myself of every other type of unwanted game generated sim. So, now every new neighborhood I create starts off completely empty from the start.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM
My current BACC hood, Acorn Bend, is delightfully excessive, with 318 sims in 66 permanent households (uni households left out of the household count; YAs just get to float in the ether).

I like having plenty of townies for my sims to meet, though. There are 655 files in the Characters folder. Many of them are handcrafted. I have a lot of fun with this neighborhood!
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM
Um... in my uberhood I have all the premade families along with 12 CAS sims (2 families: one of 4, the other of 8, both cloned from my original and hideously corrupted Pleasantview) and about 10-12 born-in-game sims. Not sure of the exact total number unless I fire up SimPE and check. However, it's definitely into three figures!
My BACC hood is also in triple figures (351 according to my spreadsheet), in 76 households. However, I need to make small updates to that so say 350 +/- 10 sims for that one.

Neither figure includes townies/NPCs as I only add them into the numbers once they're made playable.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM
Six hundred and ... something. Haven't counted for a bit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:26 AM
This is what the census button brought up. Only it doesn't say how many are townies vs playables. But the report doesn't make sense, how can i have 340 adults but also all the other age groups? I think this is a feature of the Sim manipulator? Some mod added in neighbourhood census.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:32 AM
Your Number of each age includes your pets.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:49 AM
Oh... well that makes it somewhat useless then. That is a LOT of pets.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:51 AM
101? yeah..this is kind of a lot of them. But admit it, you LOVE them all...bigOrsmall.

Link Ninja
#20 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Charmful : 18th Feb 2018 at 1:58 AM. Reason: forgot 2
Off the top of my head, accounting for active playable households in the main hood plus all subhoods - I have 211 sims. Mind you, this is after 10 years of playing, at least 6 are 'immortal sims' and a handful are living off in a sad corner of Kashmire waiting to some day be townified just so they can see some action, and only 58 sims have died since then.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:56 AM
Lol, I can only think of about two dozen! But yes I do like pets.

I think I accidentally added stealth hood sim bin sims since I don't think I had the Ottomus in Coral Bay on my old computer. I need sims for my cemetery though... I wonder if dead ones show up in that census. :cylon:

That Christainlov Census tool sounds more useful.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:20 AM
Dead sims do show up in the Census tool. it
I was looking through older posts for something earlier today and came across someone who had 1450+ Sims.
I think that they were meaning in total and they seemed keen to reach 2,000 Sims!

the population in Rematra doesn't change much except now that I've added Sims from all hoods and have started to include console and extended family Sims. they must exist in my game because I like a singular continuity between the games.
Scholar
#23 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
Carr's Crossing has 17 in the main hood, plus David Ottomas and the Newsons downtown.
Sheffield has something in the region of 100, plus students (I'm slowing playing in the premades from all three Maxis universities).
Riverblossom Hills and Belladonna Cove both have more or less what they start out with, plus the bin families.
Greater Pleasantview has the bin families plus the original populations of Pleasantview, Strangetown, Desiderata Valley and Riverblossom Hills.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:35 AM
74 living playables.

39 deceased playables.

I don't keep track of townies or NPCs, so I don't have any data on those. This 'hood has been around since August of 2017, so it's fairly young in terms of Sims 2 neighborhoods lol.

Here are screenshots of my rotation order: https://prnt.sc/igb3n4 and https://prnt.sc/igb3sl (None are marked for death because I kind of forgot to roll for deaths this rotation, whoops)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:04 AM
44 sims in total, about half of which are NPCs. No townies.

This is with all the antiredundancy hacks in, and all households at the end of either day 1 or day 2, but they've visited a lot of shops, bars and restaurants, and I didn't ban the wolves or the charlatan until they got really annoying.
Page 1 of 3