Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:51 PM
Default What do you do to make this world a better place?
I, for instance, discuss social issues and what damage we do to the environment.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 5:55 PM
I work with my father for Secure AI to prevent the ability for killer robots, environmental conservation to slow down and halt global warming (my father enjoys mushroom hunting as a mycological photographer) and fight for the rights of those under the thumbs of toxic patriarchies.

Most of the time, I will even lend an ear for those in need. I may be Lucy van Pelt in certain regards, but I won't charge you 5¢ before the session. My service is pro bono.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 7:28 PM
I try not to start drama or judge people based on what they own. This world is so materialistic and (especially in the USA) if you don't have a job or produce something that you can sell or make money from, people judge you very harshly. My life experience has made me realize such things are illusionary. Love of all creatures, embracing each other for our inner beauty, improving yourself and your character--these are the things that SHOULD matter.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
I'm just a nice person in general, I hope. I try to listen to all of my friends and be available to them no matter what. I work in a residential care home, my dissertation was on a new way of helping predict lateralisation in those that cannot go in an MRI machine (which is actually quite a lot of people), my future job (hopefully) will be in helping people with brain injuries.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 9:48 PM
Since I'm not intelligent or creative enough to make a big impact on this world, I'm learning to go by the subtle art of not giving a fuck, to make it better at least for myself (I should read that book aswell someday).

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 11:23 PM
Oh geez. I don't believe it's really going to matter much, so I do as little as possible.

On the other hand, I like to think I do my best for others every day.
Space Pony
#7 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 10:54 PM
Give people compliments, make someone smile, reach out to someone who looks like they're going through something, make others feel less lonely, basically things I want from others.

Dag-Dag
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 12:42 AM
I do my best to make people smile, and I also do advocacy work particularly for Queer and disabled folx. I'm also someone a lot of people go to for support or advice, and I like that–not sure why they picked me for advice-giver, but I'm happy to help. It's not much, but I can't do much more than what I already do.
Inventor
#9 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:05 AM
I try not to be narrow minded, judgemental, hateful/rude, and complain about how others live their lives, because I know nothing about them and only see what's on the surface. I try to accept everyone and not tell them how to libe their lives. Something that is quite uncommon around me.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
I try not to be narrow minded, judgemental, hateful/rude, and complain about how others live their lives, because I know nothing about them and only see what's on the surface. I try to accept everyone and not tell them how to libe their lives. Something that is quite uncommon around me.

That is so true. People are so bloody judgemental and narrowminded.

Oh, and I didn't say I'm working as an assistant for a woman in a wheelchair, because she's just like everyone else. Some people would probably think it's a big thing, I don't. She had a stroke and is now tied to a wheelchair, and I'm not allowed to talk about it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
Re: What do you do to make this world a better place with talents and cheap essays creativity?

That means a lot I'm sure. Cause I've met people who are not even trying to be honest, who are making up some stories, trying to persuade others, and everything seems to be so relative. Just looking at all those judgemental posts on social media, forums - what makes them be so rude?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:43 PM
To add on to my previous post; lately I've been trying to garden a little more - grow some "Bee friendly" plants, and I've been signing a lot of petitions and keeping up to date with the progression of bees, and keeping the ocean clean. My friend showed me Ecosia - a search engine that helps plant trees. I know that's not much, but it's the little things.

Also I've taken the habit of turning all the lights off upstairs at work every night... because they get left on all night/day even though people are only in the office 9-5 Monday-Friday... but that's mostly because I hate leaving lights on, and maybe now if they spend less money on lights, they'll actually pay their staff better.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 11:29 PM Last edited by sailorplanet97 : 7th Apr 2019 at 1:05 PM.
i have a few things on my mind to make the world better

what everyone needs to learn is to accept the religious (muslim, christian, hindu etc) to pretend war
i know it's a hard thing to do, but i eventually accepted it, i know i'm not religious but i accept all of the religious even though i don't accept their lifestyle and rules/laws there but i keep it to myself

don't be a racist when it comes to different skintones, white people, dark tinted, light tinted people or even a alien

also for people who are against other stuff: accept who he or she is: gender neutral, transgender, pan sexual, bi sexual, straight, and gay/lesbian
because that's how they are, they are all born with it, they don't do it because they made it or to punish

there are still people who don't accept who they are, besides we don't live by the time we needed bigger family anymore
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorplanet97
i have a few things on my mind to make the world better

what everyone needs to learn is to accept the religious (muslim, christian, hindu etc) to pretend war
i know it's a hard thing to do, but i eventually accepted it, i know i'm not religious but i accept all of the religious even though i don't accept their lifestyle and rules/laws there but i keep it to myself

don't be a racist when it comes to different skintones, white people, dark tinted, light tinted people or even a alien

also for people who are against other stuff: accept who he or she is: gender neutral, transgender, pan sexual, bi sexual, straight, and gay/lesbian
because that's how they are, they are all born with it, they don't do it because they made it or to punish

there are still people who don't accept who they are, besides we don't live by the time we needed bigger family anymore

All good and well until a 'community' of people start shoving their morals (or lack thereof) down others throats and their children via the school system in particular. That's going to make many people angry and for good reason.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 7:56 PM
I pray.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#16 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:22 PM
Also, just to add to my previous answer. Making things better for yourself makes it easier to help others. I do care about a few people, because they care about me aswell. They have a spot in my heart.
Even though I'm not religious, I'll just fling this Bible-ish(?) snippet in, because it's true:

Luke 6:13 - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You're being nice to me? I'll be nice to you.
You're being a dick? I'll be a dick, too.
Pretty simple.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#17 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 1:08 AM
Good point, Mr. Bravo. There was a mathematical computer study that supported at least 10% of the population using the silver rule: Do unto others as they do unto you. If the population is any mix of Golden rule and evil rule, the evil will otherwise always win out. That doesn't mean the mathematical model applies to reality, it's just a hypothesis based on the math and assumptions about population genetics.

I'm a starfish thrower, myself.
(You'd have to google it... I didn't learn the starfish throwing story from the internet, and all the stories I googled had a political bent to them, but could be my google history biting me in the hind end) I do worry that even though I have the best of intentions I'm probably killing the starfish when I throw them. Good intentions often doesn't translate to doing good; e.g. I was caught giving money to homeless people and got chewed out because some of them use the money for bad choices and was lectured I should give the money to the local homeless shelter instead.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:02 PM
At the very least, bring my own reusable bags in shopping and sort trash from recyclables.

We're currently growing a garden for our benefit. I don't know where your stance is on GMO products, but we're for organic, non-GMO strains as we find pesticides not to be an appropriate salad dressing nor vinaigrette for cancer conscious patients. (I am susceptible to melanoma. Grandfather Ernest Sr. has had it from not wearing a hat over the bald spot he got as he aged. The melanoma was easily removed.) We also aren't using chemicals for pests of either zoological of botanical type.

^As unpopular as it seems, how one gardens is a thing, a sign of how much care they put into their own work.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Space Pony
#19 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 9:40 AM
Teach 1st & 2nd grade. Mold them into good people.

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:01 AM
I will decay into worm food, breeding a new generation of insects and other creepy crawlies that help the ecosystem.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry