Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 9:06 PM Last edited by RedSabrina : 18th Mar 2019 at 9:18 PM.
Default [Need Help] Vampires Remastered
So I have a mod that is in the works, im new to modding the sims, but not reading code. But I am not familiar with all the reqs for the sims4. So im posting here and maybe I can have someone who could enlighten me a tad. The idea behind this mod is to make vampirism feel more rewarding and provide more of a challange on the way up the vampire ladder. These are the changes I want to make, finding the files I need to modify was not the troublesome part. Its getting the code to work as imagined that is giving me pause. So to give you an outline of the changes I want to make.

Vampire Lore: Vampire lore has been rebalanced to avoid sims from learning millenia old secrets in under two days. Sims will that once they have learned all they can from Searching for Information on Vampires online and aquiring the EVV I that they will be unable to progress due to the "What the What?" moodlet. This is to force interaction with other more knowledgable vampires to gain vampire lore via "asking others about Vampire History" before ascending the vampire lore tree. Searching for Information on Vampires also no longer provides vampire experience as it never really made sense that it did to begin with. The changes made in bold are the ones I need assistance with and I can work my way from there. Cheers modders!

*Search for Information on Vampires no longer provides vampire experience
*Search for Information on Vampires improves vampire lore up to level 3

*Ask about Vampire History is always available in sim interaction
*No longer purchase Vampire Tomes on the computer
* Encylopedia Vampirica Volume I will arrive in the mail if one of your sims is a vampire.
*All Encylopedia Vampirica Volumes will arrive in the mail once you meet their level requirement
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume I improves vampire lore up to level 5
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume I will provide the "What the What?" moodlet if your vampire lore is not at least level 3.
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume II improves vampire lore up to level 10
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume II will provide the "What the What?" moodlet if your vampire lore is not at least level 6.
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume III improves vampire lore up to level 14
*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume III will provide the "What the What?" moodlet if your vampire lore is not at least level 11.
*Ultimate Vampire Tome will improve vampire lore up to level 15
*Ultimate Vampire Tome will provide the "What the What?" moodlet if your vampire lore is not at least level 14.

This is only one of the intended updates, but the most major to get this mod up and running. Any assistance would be appreciated and credited.

The corresponding file locations are as followed.

Vampire Encyclopedias
B61DE6B4!00000011!000000000002485C.book_VampireLore_Beginner.ObjectTuning
B61DE6B4!00000011!000000000002485D.book_VampireLore_Intermediate.ObjectTuning
B61DE6B4!00000011!0000000000024869.book_VampireLore_Advanced.ObjectTuning
B61DE6B4!00000011!000000000002486B.book_VampireLore_UltimateTome.ObjectTuning

Search for Information
These were the only files I could find from a query about Computer/Vampire

545AC67A!009BC58E!00000000000258E1.commodity_Buff_Object_Computer_VampireResearch_TooEasy.SimData
339BC5BD!00000011!00000000000258E1.commodity_Buff_Object_Computer_VampireResearch_TooEasy.StatisticTuning

"Ask about vampire history"
Unknown, I could not find a query
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 11:29 PM
I will give general hints, because it always necessary read the tuning files but from my general experience:

Search for Information on Vampires no longer provides vampire experience
*Search for Information on Vampires improves vampire lore up to level 3

If you want to find very easy any interaction in the game how the tunning file is called for that interacion, you can use "show sim info mod". I am just telling you general suggestions to start with. I don't play much with vampires, so I am little lost at least in the gameplay mechanics but you can searh, for example, an interaction that give experience or skill with "show sim info mod" in the active interactions when you are running it and you will find exactly there. I guess for "vampire experince" it can be located in any static change or a loot (if you don't find it in the main interaction, it has to be in its loots), depends on how the sim team made it. You have to guess for the name and delete it, but you have to search for the interacion tuning file for that and make it with all the interacions you don't want to give you vampire experince.

*Ask about Vampire History is always available in sim interaction

I don't understand very well this but when exactly is available that interaction? It can be in the lock_out_time if it's only for a period of time or for a buff with cooldown or for a specific mood so you have to delete it in the "test" or even a specific trait. You have to search in the tests or any time related. Or if it is due to a skill, in the test too.

*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume I improves vampire lore up to level 5

Do you want that book to give you vampire lore level 5 in one jump? I didn't understand well.

*Encylopedia Vampirica Volume I will provide the "What the What?" moodlet if your vampire lore is not at least level 3.

You have to create a new loot action and specify the buff (that you have to create) and you have to make a "test" there with the skill with lower bound 3, for example.

I only gave you general basis, for helping you with more details I have to read the tuning files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:58 AM
1. Information on Vampires
I will follow up with you on this later.

2. Asking About Vampire History
I have found the line of code that I am looking for.

E882D22F!00000011!0000000000025BA5.mixer_social_Vampire_AskAboutVampireHistory_Targeted_Friendly_AlwaysOn.InteractionTuning

I've been lightly experimenting to get it to show, but nothing has delivered so far.

3. Encyclopedia
So the idea is to gain the first level of vampire lore and reach level 2 on the computer, you will then receive the encyclopedia, reading the encyclopedia and reach level 5. At this point to reach level 6 you must find a vampire and "Ask about Vampire History" to reach level 6 to read the second Encyclopedia. The second Encyclopedia will take you up to level 6-10 and then you will have to Ask about vampire history again. So on and so forth.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 3:17 PM
2. Asking About Vampire History

If you want all sims use this interaction delete

<V t="trait">
<U n="trait">
<L n="blacklist_traits">
<T>153867<!--trait_OccultVampire_Manifested--></T>
</L>
<L n="whitelist_traits" />
</U>
</V>
<V t="trait">
<U n="trait">
<E n="subject">TargetSim</E>
<L n="whitelist_traits">
<T>153867<!--trait_OccultVampire_Manifested--></T>
</L>
</U>
</V>

It seems it has a limitation skill so you have to delete this to appear no matter how is your vampire lore skill

<V t="skill_test">
<U n="skill_test">
<T n="skill">149556<!--statistic_Skill_Hidden_VampireLore--></T>
<V n="skill_range" t="threshold">
<U n="threshold">
<U n="skill_threshold">
<E n="comparison">LESS</E>
<T n="value">6</T>
</U>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>

or if you want to always appear in front, it seems you have to delete this

<V n="front_page_cooldown" t="enabled">
<U n="enabled">
<U n="interval">
<T n="lower_bound">60</T>
<T n="upper_bound">60</T>
</U>
<T n="penalty">-4</T>
</U>
</V>

I am guessing this for its name. Test and see. I only told you the possible lines you can delete for what you are looking for. It depends exactly on what you want.