Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 8:15 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 28th Apr 2024 at 12:27 AM. Reason: resolved
Default check motives, exit interaction - solved
I am trying to improve on an object (The prayable Niche by Gwenke). I've added Faith and Zeal changes to go with G-rated Religion (or the Lifestyles variant), and made the interaction raise comfort. The interaction is joinable, but joining sims don't seem to be getting the religion boost if they quit on their own. They do get the comfort.

I want sims to stop using it when their needs fall too low. I can't find a tutorial about putting that into the BHAV.

I found this old quote from Echo...

Quote:
If you want sims to leave when, say, their hunger value is low, then you would need to have a line like:
My motive hunger < -0x32
Which has a true target pointing out of the interaction.

which is fine and all, but it doesn't say HOW. Unless I'm overlooking the obvious.

The BHAV already has two 'Wait for Notify' commands, but that seems to be just for desperation exits. And they wait until they are really desperate.
I added some checks for Hunger, Bladder, Energy before one of the 'Wait For Notify' calls, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
How can I tell sims to quit at a more sensible motive level?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 4:02 PM
So you added your motive checks and their True target points to the Wait for Notify? Sounds like they should go afterward, so if the wait for notify conditions aren't met, your other conditions can be. Then you'd point them to the code that should be followed if you're ending the interaction.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 10:32 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 26th Apr 2024 at 11:14 PM. Reason: success
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
So you added your motive checks and their True target points to the Wait for Notify? Sounds like they should go afterward, so if the wait for notify conditions aren't met, your other conditions can be. Then you'd point them to the code that should be followed if you're ending the interaction.

Yes, my last version points the trues at the Wait for Notify.
I think I had it the other way before that, but I can try that again. I've had a lot of versions by now!

I'm not certain I'm even using the right method of checking the motives...does this look right?
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My motive 0x0009 (Bladder) < Literal 0x001E)

(edit) Well hey, it seems to work now!
Wait for Notify first, then motive checks with true leading to exit effects. The sim quit instantly when Bladder fell too low, and still got their faith reward.

I'm sure it was that way around earlier, but perhaps something else wasn't properly connected.
There are still some niggles (a stripey thought bubble (possibly because the object is overlapping something else), and joining sims not always getting religion increases), but that was the worst problem with the object.

Thank you so much.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort