Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2014 at 2:24 PM
Default So excited for sims 4
I am really looking forward to all those features. I hope I can buy it in the future.
I want to pre-order the one with additional stuff but it costs like $80 and I don't really want to use my money :c.
Even though, I am so excited! I want to try all these new features!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yassi
I am really looking forward to all those features. I hope I can buy it in the future.
I want to pre-order the one with additional stuff but it costs like $80 and I don't really want to use my money :c.

Look, you're obviously an intern hired by EA to hype up a game that they haven't told us much about. And the "I don't really want to use my money"? Is that some kind of reverse psychology? Well played. Now run along and go get Ryan his brotein shake.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:52 PM
Cool story, bro.
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:59 PM
You know, here is a thread - Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4. Don't you think that there is better publish your excidement instead create a new thread to announce your opinion
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd May 2014 at 5:57 PM
As soon as I saw the title thread I knew the OP was gonna get slaughtered :P
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2014 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Look, you're obviously an intern hired by EA to hype up a game that they haven't told us much about. And the "I don't really want to use my money"? Is that some kind of reverse psychology? Well played. Now run along and go get Ryan his brotein shake.

I find it kinda silly to slash eveybody ,who is excited for a game you hate, to dead :P.
Anyway let the hate come in.
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd May 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark
I find it kinda silly to slash eveybody ,who is excited for a game you hate, to dead :P.

Hello, Intern #2. Did you pick up your boss's Katy Perry swirlaccino yet?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd May 2014 at 6:40 PM
Hello, Intern #2. Did you pick up your boss's Katy Perry swirlaccino yet?

You know I really hate it when people like you assume EVERYONE who likes a game is working for a company. And what the hell is wrong with liking Katy Perry? I like what I want and you don't have anything to say about that . You just can't make a verdict based on the information we have xD. I hate it when everyone is assuming anything hopefully they are going to drop a Beyoncé in the future.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd May 2014 at 10:51 PM

And this ladies and gentlemen is why EA is still screwing us.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th May 2014 at 12:23 AM

Ok, use my money then.

No, wait! Hmm, I see what you did there. Very cunning!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th May 2014 at 12:44 AM

What new features are you looking forward to using the most yassi ?
I agree $80.00 is a lot of money for a new game just about to buy Tropico 5 for $40.00, but don't worry I paid close to (Aus)$100.00 on preodering simcity 2013, for me that was a lesson well learnt .
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th May 2014 at 10:38 AM
Why the hell do people pre order. PLEASE EXPLAIN o_o.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2014 at 10:47 AM
Why the hell do people pre order. PLEASE EXPLAIN o_o.

This is an example, only an example.

I can come to the conclusion that the imagination is stronger than the written word. *shrugs*
Still waiting for the OP to explain all these new features that are so exciting so I can get excited too and plop down $80 USD.

Sweetheart, you've just walked into a lion's den wearing a bacon suit. I'm so sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th May 2014 at 11:04 AM
I mean yes I am excited, but I am still not (and never) gonna pre order it. (I have never pre orderd a game before). Why would you want to give your money to a company before you know what the game is going to be :"). Its not like there is going to be a black friday storm on launch day...
Alchemist
#15 Old 24th May 2014 at 4:39 PM

I mean yes I am excited, but I am still not (and never) gonna pre order it. (I have never pre orderd a game before). Why would you want to give your money to a company before you know what the game is going to be :"). Its not like there is going to be a black friday storm on launch day...

Hypocriticism!

You're criticizing my attitude toward the OP who "wants" to pre-order a game we don't know much about. And then you go on to say that you will never pre-order it yourself like it's beneath you or something.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th May 2014 at 4:54 PM
I'm getting MATY vibes from this thread

i'm happy you're excited, yassi. You should post a review of the game when you get it and let other people know what it's like firsthand
Alchemist
#17 Old 24th May 2014 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iwillnotbreak
I'm getting MATY vibes from this thread

That's because we are more awesome than you.

P.S. You can be awesome too.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:20 PM
Hypocriticism!

You're criticizing my attitude toward the OP who "wants" to pre-order a game we don't know much about. And then you go on to say that you will never pre-order it yourself like it's beneath you or something.

I wasn't criticizing your attitude, I was talking in general. If he is excited about the information we have, why can't he? Oh wait he was an intern *cough*. Let him be happy and pre order it. Its his money? Why is there such a negative atmosphere here on this forum damn. It looks like the Grim reaper is standing around the corner ready to slash everybody who is happy to dead.
Just to clarify I never pre order things. Why would you?
Theorist
#19 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:27 PM
I personally haven't seen much that looks exciting to me, and yes, after the way customers have been treated with TS3 I'm afraid I'm not expecting much. But I agree that it seems a little mean to pounce on people who are excited for the new game. Besides, he's probably only 5 years old.

Ok, before someone pounces on me, just kidding with that last remark.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#20 Old 24th May 2014 at 7:28 PM
Meh' the first videos I saw back in february got me a little excited. But then I didn't play sims 3 and go a through a lot of the ups and downs that a lot of other simmers went through. I'm not excited anymore, but I do like the few things I've so I'm looking forward to trying it about 6 months- 1year after it comes out and I know what kind of game it really is. Otherwise I'll just wait until sims 5 comes out to try sims 4.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th May 2014 at 12:17 AM
Hypocriticism!

Let 'em be for now. We can laugh at the suckers who've wasted their money after the game is out.
Theorist
#22 Old 25th May 2014 at 12:22 AM

Zod help you for making this thread on this forum.
Theorist
#23 Old 25th May 2014 at 1:01 PM

I think you're lost. This is Mod The Sims. the Official Forums are that way
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th May 2014 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iwillnotbreak

i'm happy you're excited, yassi. You should post a review of the game when you get it and let other people know what it's like firsthand

This gets the "diplomatic quote of the month" award. Maybe BudgieSimBoy should get one as well.

While I've expressed my displeasure with the game (more with EA's shenanigans than with the game itself, though admittedly, I am one of those bothered by the now-infamous hair), even I admit that perhaps, just perhaps, I could be wrong and this game can be the Sims game that attracts the Sims 1, 2 and 3 holdouts by the droves. Maybe. It can happen. Possibly.

However, while looking at the prospect of ordering Sims 4, finally yielding to the dark side and at least trying the Sims 3 base game (though I suppose I would have to now pore through reams and reams of newbie-designated guides and mods, and I haven't reached the succumbing point quite yet), or seeing if I can get the Sims 1 on my newer computer (I have all the expansions), the latter is looking the most appealing out of the three, followed by dipping my toe in the Sims 3 pool, followed by Sims 4. I'm still getting the impression that something is ... missing ... from the Sims 4 (other than what others have noted, such as CASt). I would really need to see actual game play by players outside of EA's testers to see if I'm wrong or not.

But in a way, I envy the original poster. I miss being excited over a new Sims game. But years of EA nonsense has jaded me, and I wish that wasn't the case. I think my issue with Sims 4 is more "Can I trust EA?", rather than "Will I like this game?" And I'm afraid that I just don't trust EA.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.