Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Actually, some people filed a lawsuit against EA over SecureRom and the damage it did to their PC's and they just recently (like, within the last few months) won a judgment against them. They only got awarded a very small amount of money, but they did win because I know someone who was in on that class action lawsuit.

It was a settlement and you can see more info here: http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/show...-action-lawsuit

Good for them. But I don't see anything in there about performance issues caused by SecuROM.

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
SecuROM is a program that can burn up your CD/DVD drive and never should have been put on players computers, that is why I get around SecuROM the only way I know of which as per the rules I cant say how.

Smart man. But I'm calling BS on that first part.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Good for them. But I don't see anything in there about performance issues caused by SecuROM.

Smart man. But I'm calling BS on that first part.

Well I've had it happen to me, so...
Mad Poster
#103 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 4:26 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 6th Jun 2014 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Something that always seemed so very odd to me was how amateur the Store items have been. It's like they hired artists to make meshes, only they discovered how much more gameplay players wanted, so the artists had to learn how to create scripts. But they can't create or reinvent code, so they could just work with stuff that was already in the game,

I realize it would have cost more money to hire the kind of talent that can create new gameplay on the level of an EP, and maybe they felt they really didn't need to invest the money in it since the inferior stuff they were putting out was making them quite a profit. But just imagine what kinds of things could be added if they really staffed the Store with a few of the people who worked on the actual game.

My complaint isn't 'what shouldn't have happened to the Sims' exactly, but I wish EA had included a lot more animations in the base game. Because I'm sick of them all now (although I do like the horses and riding animations but that's Pets) and as you say, when they create Store PC, it's like, "What animation can I recycle here? And if there isn't an animation, they can teleport or whatever, who cares?. That will be $19, please."

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
The outcry got louder after Ambitions and I don't know when or why things actually changed but Generations was released to give the non-RPG players something,

And maybe Ambitions was a half-assed attempt to address the complaints about rabbitholes, so rather than being able to watch a sim work, we had to control the sim doing the same stupid job over and over. While not addressing the players' wish for open businesses. I still use the self-employed option all the time, but it wasn't worth the cost of that EP.

(I knew I shouldn't look at the Sims 4 forum because I wouldn't be able to not vent somewhere. Oh, well, sometimes you have to do it.)
Page 5 of 5