Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:52 PM
Default Which patch do I need?
Hi Guys,

I downloaded sims 3 and al stuff packs and Expansions but didn't get round to playing. My automatic updater says I am fully updated, I think this is due to the fact that it cannot connect to origin as I do not have nor want it. So I am currently patched to 1.62 ( Version 1.62.153.024002) and the patching system is really confusing me. Do I need to manually download each patch (1.63, 1.66 and 1.67)? Can I download the super patch and it will just download all patches automatically? Or can I just download the latest patch?

Thanks
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:55 PM
If you can find a super-patch, it will override the need for individual patches and leapfrog to the level of the patch. I would not recommend patching up to the latest patch (1.69).

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:59 PM
Is there a way to avoid patch 1.69 but still using the super patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 1:00 PM
So if I get the super patch from the 1.67 page at Sims VIP will it only take me to patch 1.67?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 1:17 PM
Yes, here's also a link to instructions (it also contains an alternative link to the patch file): http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:TS3_Patching

You also said that you don't have Origin, so you should be safe from version 1.69. 1.67 was the last patch that was distributed through the Launcher and as a download file for manual patching.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 4:33 PM
1.69 will only affect you if you have Origin. So if you use the disc of The Sims 3 basegame, or if you use Steam, you will be safe from it. I learned that the hard way.
Theorist
#7 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 4:57 PM
And when having Origin, click auto update off in your account settings.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.