Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Loading time of game is crazy slow
Hey every one. Here are my specs.
Windows 10 Home DESKTOP pc.
AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics-Processor
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.45 GB usable)
System Type is 64 bit operating system.
^I know that's not that much but I have played sims 3 on this computer for over 3 years and not had a problem.
What I have had done recently. I installed no custom content houses that dealt with my installed EPs and Stuff packs from the Download page. I installed slim custom content..NO MODS. Like for skintones, eyes, etc. I also have my custom content that I had from the Sims store from 09 but no mods.
I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Movie Stuff, 70's 80's, Pets, Diesel stuff, Into the future, Generations, Base Game, etc on my page start up on Sims 3 installed to pay in game . If you look at my profile it mentions the games I have because I cant remember them at the moment.

I turned on Fraps to screenshot my game..and it is the recent one..
I loaded up the screen, after constantly closing out Origin (still logged on it), I clocked the loading time from the intro screens to the game load screen at 16 minutes. Then I clicked on a saved game and it took OVER 30 minutes to load and it was at the very end when I just gave up and closed it out.

Any help would be great. Because I am getting confused on why it is taking over an hour to load to just get to the login screens.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charlenechagdes
Hey every one. Here are my specs.
Windows 10 Home DESKTOP pc.
AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics-Processor
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.45 GB usable)
System Type is 64 bit operating system.
^I know that's not that much but I have played sims 3 on this computer for over 3 years and not had a problem.
What I have had done recently. I installed no custom content houses that dealt with my installed EPs and Stuff packs from the Download page. I installed slim custom content..NO MODS. Like for skintones, eyes, etc. I also have my custom content that I had from the Sims store from 09 but no mods.
I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Movie Stuff, 70's 80's, Pets, Diesel stuff, Into the future, Generations, Base Game, etc on my page start up on Sims 3 installed to pay in game . If you look at my profile it mentions the games I have because I cant remember them at the moment.

I turned on Fraps to screenshot my game..and it is the recent one..
I loaded up the screen, after constantly closing out Origin (still logged on it), I clocked the loading time from the intro screens to the game load screen at 16 minutes. Then I clicked on a saved game and it took OVER 30 minutes to load and it was at the very end when I just gave up and closed it out.

Any help would be great. Because I am getting confused on why it is taking over an hour to load to just get to the login screens.

Has your system recently updated ? I did hear that a specific windows update causes problems with the sims3 on win10 pcs. Anyway, here is a related (kinda) thread -----> http://modthesims.info/t/610641. If you follow the first two links it may help (It IS for the sims 3 despite what the original thread mentions, the method just applies to another situation as well).

Also, try clearing your cache each time you want to play (it can reduce loading times greatly). Just follow the instructions on the file attached bellow + delete the "featureditems" folder. The files can all be found in C:\Users\user\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims 3 Files that can be deeted.txt (866 Bytes, 13 downloads)
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 6:10 AM
Please check dates when posting in forums. @SeitamaGenos -you responded to a thread started in 2017.