Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 1:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My game freezes after 10-15 minutes I launch it
Hello and I'm sorry if a post like this has been made before and I didn't found it.
So, I had the Sims installed in my laptop before and it was working perfectly fine but then it broke down and I got it fixed (they changed the hard drive) and when I tried to play, after reinstalling the game again, I noticed there was something wrong. I have launched the game 4-5 times since yesterday and everytime I open the game, I notice it freezes after 10-15 minutes after I open it. To be exact, it looks like only the sims and the clock freeze while the world (trees, weather, sounds) still works. Also I can't move the screen and I can't pause/play the game or fast forward it.
I have Crash Log Analyzer but this issue isn't creating and .mdmp files and I also have Error Trap but I can't find my particular issue on the guide.
Thanks for reading.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:07 PM
Not getting much to go on here. Can we get some hardware specs on this laptop? Windows or Mac? Hard drive (size, space free), processor, RAM, graphics card. Or, if you could, the first 40 lines or so of the game's DeviceConfig.log (it may show up as just DeviceConfig) pasted into a response here, not the long lists of game options as we don't need to see those.

Is it the same laptop as this one from a prior post and does it still have only 3 GB of RAM?
http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=5106997

Also how many EPs are in play (and which ones) and which world(s) are you trying to play in?
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM
Did you insure it was fully patched to at least 1.63? Since you reinstalled the disk's sometimes the patching doesn't patch all the separate EP's it used to have to. I use this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829 to verify whenever I have to reinstall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM
Hello and thank you both for trying to help. I figured out that the Animation Player Add-On mod was responsible for the freezing, I unistalled it and now the game is working perfectly fine.