Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:13 PM
Want to help me make a TS4 Challenge?
I'm in the process of making a sims challenge. In a broad sense, it's a city-building challenge based around playing random townies and their families, and working with randomly rolled scenarios, which I'll call mini-challenges, to make things more fun and mix them up. These goals are meant to last anywhere between three sim days and a sim week, so players won't be stuck with the same family for long periods of time. But it wouldn't be very fun without plenty of random rolls to choose from, and that's where you come in!

What can I do?

Mini-Challenge Ideas: Have an idea that might make for a fun mini-challenge? If it has an end point (whether that's reaching a certain goal, or an arbitrary one like "when the youngest baby reaches the toddler stage") that can fit within the time-frame of 3 sim days - 1 sim week, feel free to suggest it!

Don'ts:
  • Anything that requires mods or CC
  • Requiring activities that sims YA and older can't do, with some exceptions. If the mini-challenge involves adopting, having or otherwise taking in at least one toddler, you may require specific interactions for that toddler or any/all of the toddlers brought in by the mini-challenge. If the mini-challenge involves adopting or taking in at least child or teen, you may require specific interactions with that child or any/all of the children brought in by the mini-challenge. It's the same if the player has to take in any teens as part of the mini-challenge.
  • Suggest anything too quick to complete, or that will likely drag on for a long time.
  • Suggest anything that requires sims specifically to either get pregnant, or get someone else pregnant. Try to give an alternative so both kinds of sims can do the mini-challenge.

Okay:
  • Allow the player to use certain, specified cheats in order to facilitate the mini-challenge (example: use Money 0 to take away the family funds)
  • Use any non-cheat gameplay mechanic from the basegame, or any of the packs
  • Place restrictions on the sim and/or their family during the mini-challenge
  • Go for any sort of tone you want. Something serious involving getting over a loved one's death? Sure. Some wacky shenanigans involving cowplants and angry gnomes? Sure. Feel free to go wild; just make sure your suggestion follows MTS' rules.

If I decide to use your suggestion, you'll be credited for it in the final challenge.

Messy Things: I admit, I often fall into that trap of trying to make my sims' lives as nice as they can be, so I don't know everything that can be messed up and/or broken. I'm making a mini-challenge that's all about the mess, though, so I want to make sure this list of possible dirty, non-liquid things is relatively complete:
  • A broken and filthy appliance
  • A broken electronic device
  • Something filthy from the plumbing category (except showers)
  • A filthy countertop
  • A pile of regular trash
  • A pile of electrical trash
  • A filled trashcan with the trash visible
  • 3 revolting fish (just left on the ground or a surface; not mounted or bowled)
  • 3 dishes of spoiled food
  • A large pile of dishes
  • 3 pieces of animal poop
  • A pile of dirty clothes
  • A hamper full of dirty clothes
  • A pile of ashes
  • Stained floortiles from a fire (If you'll use this, I recommend doing it before the other items are added)
  • 3 toddler and/or animal food messes
  • An item ruined by a fire.
  • A dead alien creature

Does anyone have anything to add to that list (except for the trash plant)? I would really appreciate your help!