Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I want to banish a few things to the shadow realm
These are said things:
* STRAY ANIMALS
* SIMS WHO DRIVE THEIR OWN TAXICABS
* SIMS WHO PULL OUT INSTRUMENTS ON COMMUNITY LOTS
How can I make these 3 things suffer a horrible, painful death?
Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 6:49 PM
a - NRaas Register (for Animal Control).

b - That is, I believe, a game glitch where the driver hasn't instantiated or if needed a new one spawned "in time" to cart the sims around. I look on it as something the game falls back on because it's better to see that than our passengers in the back seat with no driver or getting stuck and not be able to go anywhere. It's a little more unsettling when a dog is driving, but have only seen that happen on water taxis.

c - There may not be a solution for that other than forbidding them to own instruments. I understand the frustration factor, but wouldn't a tuning kind of fix get in the way of sims who need/want to use their own instruments to play in bands, gigs, and otherwise progress their musical skills/talent in public on community lots?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:04 PM
So in theory Sims should not be able to pull a massive keyboard synthesizer out of their ass if they didn't own one? Because that makes sense, but it never seems to have stopped the good people of Bridgeport before. There's Sloppy Jaloppys all over the place despite my refusal to purchase any.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:42 PM
I can't speak to the synthesizer provision, but the cheap cars come from two different places.

-- Inactive sims will be granted a free cheap car (Lemon or Jalopy usually) in order to get around if they don't already own one that is available to them or they can't figure out where their own cars are. The cheap free ones tend to become abandoned after use. NRaas Traffic has a setting, it's on by default, that will stop the free cars from being issued. Overwatch of course is the one that cleans up already abandoned vehicles overnight.

-- The sims have no taste for better cars and are purchasing these vehicles on their own. NRaas StoryProgression/SP Money module (which I know you don't want) allows us to specify which vehicle models sims are allowed or not allowed to purchase for themselves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:18 PM
Okay, that's quite good to know. Problem with the synthesizers (or drum kits) is that Sims will pull them out just about everywhere. In narrow hallways, in large open spaces, in office buildings, in public parks.....

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:15 PM
I wouldn't mind having that mod.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 11:58 PM
If you could send me a PM that would be great.

insert signature here