Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:19 PM Last edited by cdragonm : 17th Oct 2018 at 7:29 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 apartments, can't make NPC doors.
So as far as I know I am doing everything right. I have ALL expansions installed, even installed the mod listed here https://tinyurl.com/y964llux and I cannot make an NPC door. All I get are roommates. Lot is listed as apartment, if I list it as residential it makes me purchase the entire lot... https://imgur.com/a/7dwiHow two images, first shows the darked out rooms, second shows hidden room marker/s. Hallway is long but there is a public marker and the hallway is enclosed. Apartment ,mailbox is there and the call box, all the cheats/3 needed commands are active as well. I have tried everything and I can't figure this out. This is a custom apartment as well not a high rise style. I've not tried other methods out (I would love to do row houses type apartments)

I'm at a loss. at this time the only people t hat live there are me and roommates, so i'm assuming it's doing the uni life apartments. But that's not how I have it set up? I don't want roommates, I just wanna be able to live in this thing while i make more stuff.

(appologies I have NOT played simes in FOREVER, I am attempting to figure t his out for my niece who lays DAILY but is too yound to do all this technical stuff)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 9:28 PM Last edited by cdragonm : 17th Oct 2018 at 9:39 PM.
All that has been done, tried both apartment and residential. All markers are in place as show in the two images. Still unable to make NPC door. As I said about listing it as residential, instead of renting the apartment it makes me purchase as a whole home.

lol, just saw your edit. will try the new suggestions!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 9:46 PM
Oh my freakin stupid son of a b-- Seriously, why is there 2 of them? nitromon i'd pay you kiss you and then pat you again if I could. *walks away in defeat*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It's a common issue, don't feel bad.

Btw, you might want this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/504682

You'll never have to worry about the wrong marker again.

The worst part about this all is i searched, and ready 20+posts about this and not one had any mention of there being two...
Site Helper
#7 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 1:59 AM
For a long time, there weren't two. Then EA reinvented the wheel for Uni.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook