Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:27 PM
Default Sims 4 character creator (Bella & Mortimer) discussion
Hi all,

You probably all saw the new CAS video up on youtube. If not, it's embedded below:

Personally I quite like the lack of sliders, the more intuitive way to move the facial features and so on around. What I didn't like was a lack of a height slider.

What do you all think of what they showed off?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th May 2014 at 1:12 PM Last edited by BubblesO : 15th May 2014 at 1:26 PM.
Even though the hair can be too cartoonish for my taste, I like the variety of hairstyles. I also love that most of the hairstyles are modern. I hate how hairstyles in TS3 looked so fashion backwards.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2014 at 1:23 PM
CAS has never wow'd me before so this is uninteresting because EA's taste is not mine. I always have to wait for the CC community to come out with something worthwhile.

I am more about game play and building. Again I have to wait and see.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:19 PM
It kinda reminds me of sculpting with clay, which I've always enjoyed when I've set aside time to do it. So I think I would enjoy fiddling around with this as well. Plus, I think it would definitely allow for the creation of some really beautiful and some really hideous sims. (Although I think I would prefer to make my own hideous sims rather than play with premade EA hideous sims.)

Anyway, I think it's truly great, but right now I am just completely ready for them to move on to other info besides CAS.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:36 PM
Will need to wait and see it in action before I can say either way. So far I like what I have seen but I am still on the fence until we get to see game play and I do mean real game play.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6 Old 15th May 2014 at 4:06 PM
I thought it looks pretty fun, I think I like it. It does have drawbacks, however. I can see that it would be more difficult to duplicate what someone else did, or even duplicating what I've previously done, because eyeballing a sim is a lot more difficult than matching slider positions. Sometimes I do go back to old sims and think, "I like what I did here", and then duplicate some of the slider positions on a new sim, which would be very difficult with the new method.

Maybe a modder can come up with a hack to display the various morphs and their values in a little status box, that would be great then.

I did also think his sims looked pretty good and his sims of his coworkers came out pretty good for using default skin and hair, although I had my wife watch the vid and she said the sims I make in TS3 look a lot better (she is too sweet).

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:00 PM
I prefer sliders. The game looks like crap imo
Inventor
#8 Old 15th May 2014 at 6:34 PM
Well, this is the first time that I think TS4 might could have some interesting features at the end. After seing this video I'm curious to see more of it. I actually like the sims created in this video. Yes, a hight slider was awesome but... it's EA... their keen sense of how to disappoint sims players always amazes me...

so...

I refuse to say anything good about the game before I know for sure that it IS good.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2014 at 6:52 PM
It's lame because if Mortimer didn't have the mustache and Bella wasn't wearing the red dress, you wouldn't even know who they were.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:18 PM

Do I see a height slider to the left?
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moosey54321

Do I see a height slider to the left?

It is the athletic slider. Height slider won't be in the game and it is official information.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:23 PM
That's not a height slider, sorry. I think it's how buff they are.
Alchemist
#13 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:32 PM
I might be happy with it if the Sims in TS2 and TS3 looked the same in game as in CAS. They didn't. Who knows what these sims will look like in game
Alchemist
#14 Old 15th May 2014 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I might be happy with it if the Sims in TS2 and TS3 looked the same in game as in CAS. They didn't. Who knows what these sims will look like in game

TS2 sims do look the same in-game as they do in CAS. It's just TS3 sims that don't. There's no need to make shit up.

TS4 Bella's skin tone seems a bit off to me. Wasn't she darker in TS1? I don't know why she keeps getting lighter and lighter with each incarnation of the game.

It's like trying to make Eva Longoria caucasian.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th May 2014 at 8:28 PM
The only thing that appeals to me about this is being able to sculpt the booty
Scholar
#16 Old 15th May 2014 at 8:30 PM

At the end of the video posted above, there's a min of gameplay. It seems to be actual gameplay rather than staged, and to me Bella looked more or less the same as in CAS. Obviously the lighting was different, but you could see it was her, no question.

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#17 Old 15th May 2014 at 8:43 PM
I really love that you can so many tweak and adjust your Sims in many different ways. This is the best part so far. I also like that there are different hair styles this time especially Afros and other ethnic hairstyles! My nitpick is the hairs themselves I know that they are going for this artsy style and not seeing that it is not alpha edible has me very worried. Because of CC creation purposes. Also the lack of CASt and back to Swatches again. I can't think why a color wheel is still not present. If you could import color swatches, skintones and textures, that you made in any graphics program, to the base game the I could maybe live without it. I'm concern about this too. If not this is going to be very limited.

The whole game play and whether CC/modding tools is going to be easier to Create is going to be the deciding factor for me.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th May 2014 at 8:53 PM
I rarely make my own sims, I like to jump into the game play first but the new CAS is pretty impressive. I hate sliders so I'm glad we are seeing the back of them.

I love the look of Bella and Mortimer, we saw little of them but I already find then endearing and full of life.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th May 2014 at 9:24 PM
Where's Create-A-Style EA...
Alchemist
#20 Old 15th May 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Where's Create-A-Style EA...

But... but, you just said we have to stop living in the past, on another thread.
Alchemist
#21 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
At the end of the video posted above, there's a min of gameplay. It seems to be actual gameplay rather than staged, and to me Bella looked more or less the same as in CAS. Obviously the lighting was different, but you could see it was her, no question.

I'll believe it when I see some actual gameplay. That video has a disclaimer
Forum Resident
#22 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see some actual gameplay. That video has a disclaimer

That disclaimer was only shown during the brief moment that we saw the traits. Don't contort things.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:04 PM
At least the next video is gona be the Goth's house.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#24 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
That disclaimer was only shown during the brief moment that we saw the traits. Don't contort things.

I suggest you rewatch it
Forum Resident
#25 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:23 PM
I suggest you rewatch it

Or, here's an even better idea! Instead of being vague and having an "ugh do it yourself" type of attitude when I'm really in no mood to go stare at every single clip of footage for almost 5 minutes, you could... Oh, I don't know, maybe actually show me which part is supposedly having a disclaimer on it (besides the one I pointed out)?

I can't read your mind, you know.
Page 1 of 3