Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2014 at 4:16 PM
Default How trendy is the Sims 4?
With the mention of the Bro trait, the appearance of a tablet and the obsession with today's memes, how trendy would you say the Sims 4 is (trying to be)? How do you feel about it?

Discuss.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th May 2014 at 4:25 PM
Like the University EP from TS3 but as a base game? Yuck.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2014 at 5:53 PM
They're trying to make fetch happen.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
They're trying to make fetch happen.

Exactly!
Scholar
#5 Old 27th May 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
Was solo woohoo ever confirmed?

Seems trendy for these days, where everybody tells everyone about doing that.

I was just about to tell you, but now I am getting the impression that you might not want to hear about it Too bad though, I tried new techniques and had a lot of experimentation going on in general. My neighbours had a good laugh about it anyway. Especially the bit about the doorknob.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th May 2014 at 7:56 PM
It feels like they are trying to hard to catch the younger/non-fan players.
Scholar
#7 Old 27th May 2014 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

Which sucks because Sims 1 and 2 had the perfect amount of childish content, but Sims 3 went too far. So if Sims 4 appeals to a younger crowd, we're fucked.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th May 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Which sucks because Sims 1 and 2 had the perfect amount of childish content, but Sims 3 went too far. So if Sims 4 appeals to a younger crowd, we're fucked.

At this rate, Sims 5 will appeal to fetuses.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:07 PM
You mean the "pre-born."
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
You mean the "pre-born."

I mean what I mean.
Inventor
#11 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:13 PM
That's mean.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:44 PM
Doesn't anyone here have a job?
Scholar
#13 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:46 PM
We're playing The Sims, of course we don't have jobs.
Inventor
#14 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:13 AM
Speak for yourself, I am a lvl 8 cowboy.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

I have one, but it blows.
Inventor
#16 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:59 AM
You must be a fan then.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

wtf is a job?
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th May 2014 at 4:30 AM
As trendy as the first sims game which had Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne.
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin

Not sure you will be allowed to use this kind of language in association to the Sims 4. I'm sure you meant "fudged", "disheartened", "my goodness, we are beyond consolation".
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th May 2014 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toast2
As trendy as the first sims game which had Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne.

It's so weird that I don't even mind the "trendy" stuff in the early games but I HAAATE it in the new games (e.g. smartphones, "Swagger", "Bro"-Trait). Yuck, can anyone tell me why this sh*t is so appealing to so many?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th May 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colazocker13
It's so weird that I don't even mind the "trendy" stuff in the early games but I HAAATE it in the new games (e.g. smartphones, "Swagger", "Bro"-Trait). Yuck, can anyone tell me why this sh*t is so appealing to so many?

It's called social media making sure it's everywhere and never goes away, even long after it should.

But, y'know, YOLO.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2014 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Original_Sim : 28th May 2014 at 5:55 PM.
Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne weren't shoved down our throats like Katy Perry, the Freezer Bunny and smartphones. In the Sims 1, the Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne NPCs were only found in Studio Town. If you never went there, you never saw them.

In the Sims 3, the Freezer Bunny is ubiquitous in Buy Mode, Katy Perry has an entire stuff pack (with a special edition), and a smartphone is attached to each sim by default. EA doesn't give a shit about different play styles. They didn't even stop to think, "What if someone wanted to recreate Game of Thrones?"

I can't have King Joffrey texting creepy messages to Sansa between hissy fits.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne weren't shoved down our throats like Katy Perry, the Freezer Bunny and smartphones. In the Sims 1, the Christina Aguilera and Avril Lavigne NPCs were only found in Studio Town. If you never went there, you never saw them.

In the Sims 3, the Freezer Bunny is ubiquitous in Buy Mode, Katy Perry has an entire stuff pack (with a special edition), and a smartphone is attached to each sim by default. EA doesn't give a shit about different play styles. They didn't even stop to think, "What if someone wanted to recreate Game of Thrones?"

I can't have King Joffrey texting creepy messages to Sansa between hissy fits.

that's so funny, i was just thinking about all of the celebrities in studio town and how at the time i didn't find it weird or media overload. however, that being said, i was like 12 when i played it. so it was just like 'omg! andy warhol! marilyn monroe!' and not 'ugh... mandatory smart phones? katy perry?'. also i think it was a kind of cute easter egg sort of thing in TS1.
i might feel differently if they reintroduced the same concept now in TS3 or TS4 because i'm older and wiser ( ) but also now everything is much more in your face. marilyn monroe would never show up at your front door stomping around your front porch because she wants to use your rocking chair.