Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:07 PM
Default Things that never should have happened to the Sims
I considered posting this in other sections, but I figured it'd be more relevant here. You know the drill.

-Microtransactions
-SecuROM
-An entire SP devoted to Katy Perry (when a bonus download would have sufficed)
-One theme split into two EPs (e.g. World Adventures and Island Paradise, Late Night and Showtime)
-Base game content as EPs (e.g. Sims 3 Generations)
-Obsession with being trendy (e.g. default smartphones for all sims instead of making them optional)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:19 PM
What is it about you and making all them threads?

But ok, ill go with TS3 should have never happened.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
What is it about you and making all them threads?

If you make it, they will come.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:21 PM
Lol how about the whole damn Sims 3 should have never happend? The only new expansion in the whole Sims 3 was...Island Paradise and Into the Future (Which was stupid). Houseboats are the only thing I liked :").
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:21 PM
A mixed of ITF furnitures with furnitures from other expansion packs. Can you not.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
A mixed of ITF furnitures with furnitures from other expansion packs. Can you not.

Yes! I am sick of EA's obsession with blocky, shiny futuristic shit.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:28 PM
Into the future...futuristic shit...into the future...futuristic shit... huh?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark
Into the future...futuristic shit...into the future...futuristic shit... huh?

Are you quoting lyrics from a Katy Perry song?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:31 PM
I need to be a song writer wow.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2014 at 7:02 PM
Maxis should have never sold out to EA.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th May 2014 at 7:21 PM
Getting loads of EA store content advertising in game, from patching the game!

Kofforda<3
"""""""""""""""
Scholar
#12 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:11 PM
No more Katy Perry, please. And social features. I'm a loner, leave me be with my simmies.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
No more Katy Perry, please. And social features. I'm a loner, leave me be with my simmies.

Crappy ass Simport, do not want! Leave it as an option and stop spamming me in my game with that crap! Burns me up.

No more themes being hyped by wanted content through out the game. High Loft stuff pack, added the aquarium, corner bath tub, and heart-shaped bed. That was really awful EA, I saw what you did there.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:01 PM
The creator of the original leaving. Period.

HE doesn't need an introduction.
Instructor
#15 Old 28th May 2014 at 11:10 PM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 28th May 2014 at 11:25 PM.
1.) E.A. Games developing the sequels.
2.) Rabbit holes. God, those rabbit holes.
3.) Pudding faces.
4.) "Bros"
5.) Expansion pack spamming.
6.) In-game store.
Site Helper
#16 Old 29th May 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Maxis should have never sold out to EA.
If that happened, we would probably have never gotten The Sims 1, much less the other versions. Maxis never really supported the Sims until EA took over.
Spice Pony
#17 Old 29th May 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
-One theme split into two EPs (e.g. World Adventures and Island Paradise, Late Night and Showtime)

Everything else you said I definitely agree with, but I'm not sure about this. If there had been one EP with all the content of both World Adventures and Island Paradise, I'd have loved it. But World Adventures is my absolute favourite EP ever. A lot of people have complained that it was adventures instead of proper vacations, but World Adventures was so awesome and suited to my play style that I'd have bought a sequel if they'd have made it. To be honest, one of my biggest concerns about TS4 is that it won't have any kind of tomb system.

On a different note, I totally agree about the smartphones. I find the very word "smartphone" obnoxious. If someone were to make a mod renaming them, I'd install it in a heartbeat. Seriously, using phones as a camera is more than I ever do in real life. I neither need nor want a phone with all the features of a PC. I think at least some of my sims feel the same way.

Also, Generations. It had very little content, and what content it had was of poor quality and/or boring. The concept was okay, but I think we can all agree it was the worst EP of TS3.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:00 AM Last edited by gazania : 30th May 2014 at 12:17 PM.
Weren't there microtransactions in Sims 2? Or is there something in my energy drink that isn't caffeine?

I don't believe the store content was hawked as much, however.

-- EA should have never abandoned Sims 1 and 2, and should not abandon 3. It should have never wiped out the really helpful tutorials of Sims 2 (and I believe Sims 1 ... I started playing the PC version of Sims 1 in 2010, and I THOUGHT I remembered seeing a few useful tips before Sims 1 was obliterated from EA's site).

Please, EA. This is going to sound odd from a Sims 2 addict, but don't treat Sims 3 the shabby way you treated Sims 2 and 1. Soft-pedal the promotion of the first three series. Of course, I understand that. You're trying to hawk Sims 4. But don't wipe out years of valuable tips.

-- Securom. Oh. Yes. What a massive cluster****. You could have saved yourself lawsuit costs as well.

-- Rabbit holes in the base game. I agree with others who posted this. Please. Just ... no. That was one of many reasons I wasn't interested in the Sims 3 base game. (Yes. I know I've listed other reasons. This one was in my Top Ten, though not in the Top Five.)

-- Forgetting that the customer may not always be right, but often is. If the customer has sufficient proof that something is amiss, please don't presume the customer is lying. I'm just curious ... was this how Maxis operated in the early days of Sims 1? (I really am curious ... I wasn't playing Sims on the PC until 2006.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Weren't there microtransactions in Sims 2? Or is there something in my energy drink that isn't caffeine?

This thread applies to all Sims game. Go nuts.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:15 AM
-Microtransactions

If you know another way to support the development of a project such as this I'd like to hear it.

-An entire SP devoted to Katy Perry (when a bonus download would have sufficed)

Don't like it? Then don't buy it, it's as simple as that. Some people actually like that garbage.

I hate Call of Duty. I think it's an overrated piece of s**t and I throw up every time I see the sales records. But a lot of people genuinely like it, in all it's crappy crappyness, should Activision stop making them just because a lot of people DON'T like it?

Seasons and Supernatural. Come on those two were obviously part of the same expansion initially :/

-Base game content as EPs (e.g. Sims 3 Generations)

I'm afraid I don't understand this one. Yes Generations sucked but, how do you know it features content ripped from the base game? To me it seems quite the opposite, Sims Studio ran out of ideas and came up with some very boring / tedious / stupid / repetitive ones.

-Obsession with being trendy (e.g. default smartphones for all sims instead of making them optional)

I probably hate smartphones and social networking more than anyone here, but... smartphones ARE optional in The Sims 3 :/ You can't remove the menus and the icon but you don't have to use it, like, at all.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
If you know another way to support the development of a project such as this I'd like to hear it.

The Sims 1 did just fine without an online Store.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:37 AM
Micro-transactions aren't bad exactly, but it really depends on their quality and how they benefit the game. If they're just stuff a CC creator could pump out in less than a month, it's probably not worth actual money. I think sets should cost. Like if you wanted sets of many different hairs and clothes they in a giant set together they should cost, as long as they benefited the game somehow. Basically instead of pumping things out individually, make everything a mini stuff pack. But make them all diverse, and not all modern.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th May 2014 at 2:38 AM
The Sims 1 did just fine without an online Store.

Because online DLC wasn't established and/or needed to be implemented at that point in time because of technological limitations...
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Don't like it? Then don't buy it, it's as simple as that. Some people actually like that garbage.

I hate Call of Duty. I think it's an overrated piece of s**t and I throw up every time I see the sales records. But a lot of people genuinely like it, in all it's crappy crappyness, should Activision stop making them just because a lot of people DON'T like it?

that's true enough as a general rule but literally the point of this thread is to post what you think shouldn't have been a part of TS3. you could say 'if you don't like it, don't buy it!' to every single thing someone brings up on here, but that totally negates the entire point of the post...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:06 AM
The "bro" trait. And I think that almost everyone will agree with me.
Page 1 of 5