Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2014 at 7:49 PM
Default Career Ideas for The Sims 4
What new careers would you like to see in The Sims 4?
What expansion would they come with?
What additional items would they have?
What skills would you need for the career?

I would like to see a playable maid career. You would have a neat trait. It would be a controllable job like a fireman. You would take your car to your clients house, which would of course be messy...you would clean, obviously, and earn different cleaning items (windex to do windows, mop, vacuum) as you progress in the career.
I'd imagine it would come with some kind of "ambitions expansion"

I'd love to read new ideas from the sim community! Post away!!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st May 2014 at 8:36 PM
I'd love if there was a baker career, not connected to the culinary career.

What expansion would they come with? Uh, as many as possible for base game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:16 PM
Well for starters, I wish careers wouldn't be so generic. Like law enforcement, it should be split into several careers, like City Police, Government Agent, Intelligence, Private Security etc...

Also want Balloon Salesman.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:33 PM
Balloon salesman is a great idea! Would be cool to make balloon animals and the new interactions would be funny! Maybe you pop a balloon and it flies around in the air! Also, the pets would pop them!

Pop!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:43 PM
I want lots of hobby table/stand type based self employed careers. Like baloon salesman, he has a ballon stand, makes ballons for sale in the park, at fairs etc, and occasionally gets asked to entertain at kids birthday parties or maybe make ballon arrangements for weddings/parties/birthdays etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:53 PM
Yes! I'd love to see the return of the flower making hobby table from sims 2 open for business. You could have orders from clients for weddings, funerals, or "love days"
Sims 3 failed horribly with their rendition of OFB with the bistro and bakery imo. I'd love to see a more all around GOOD Open for Business expansion. I'd love to own a flower shop again!
Theorist
#7 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:00 PM
*An Amway pyramid scheme profession
*Holistic and Homeopathic medicine salesperson and shaman
*Pizza delivery / drummer
*Standup comedian -> Game show host
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:11 PM
I'd love to see part-time jobs for adults as well as teens in the base game, so you can choose if you want your shift in the morning or afternoon. That and if there are going to be rabbitholes, sims should be able to work at each one without going on a career track e.g. receptionist/cleaner/maintenance/mailroom in the business tower, waiter/cashier at the bistro etc.
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:38 AM
What I'd like to see
At the very least I hope career titles and descriptions return to a Sims 2 level of 'realism' rather then the ridiculously silly Sims 3 jobs. For example, I loved serving in the Sim Army in Sims 2 and then Sims 3 made the jobs entirely too silly and less meaningful.
  • I hope we see a return of career branching.
  • I hope we see more event variety and better stories for the careers.
  • Career rewards should continue to be interesting, meaningful, and something to work towards. I hope we see reward objects again.
  • I'd like careers to have an impact on the neighborhood. For example, Police arrest criminals and lower crime, Politicians can raise or lower taxes or pass ordinances (old Simcity reference), Doctors actually treat people, and Criminals actually rob people (just combine with burglar NPCs).

Also, I agree with OP on the maid career. I honestly think that EACH and EVERY job that is in-game should actually be acquirable and meaningful.

Lastly, I hope we see a return of the "Open For Business" stores sometime during Sims 4 release.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:29 AM Last edited by maddy8585 : 1st Jun 2014 at 4:41 PM.
Another career I'd like to see is the babysitter career for teens. Day care was okay, I liked the different outfits< and eventually the nanny vanny (my personal nickname for the van) but doesn't it make more sense to include teens as babysitters as well? ACTUALLY being able to get those teens babysitting actual kids? Possibly going to their clients' home to babysit, and to have a weekend babysitting at their own house. Also maybe a part time job for younger children (mail delivery) the only issue there would be to make the mail delivery happen before school hours or after, so that may not work as children can't leave the home lot until a certain time.....or maybe that won't be the case for sims 4? I'm thinking it will be. The bakery stand was a good idea for the kids, but it seemed not to be as exciting as it sounded. There were hardly any customers, even when I went to the biggest park. Maybe my baking goods were just funky I don't know...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:52 AM
A performer please!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:13 AM
:lovestruc I love the acting performance in sims medieval, it was fun, also the singing on stage. I would like something like that for sims 4. Also it would be nice to have doctors, shrinks, dentists, surgeons. They should also do something more for the artists, a writer could go to sign his or hers books, a painter have a gallery… It also be a good idea to have real schools in which all the kids will go, with teachers and classrooms, like sims 3 university.
Inventor
#13 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:26 AM
Day time hooker anyone?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
Day time hooker anyone?

Only if they moonlight as a nurse.

↖ the one emotion TS4 better have
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:57 AM
A vet career coming with the Pets expansion ! And the return of the detective-ish career from ambitions.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
Day time hooker anyone?

It will go nice with the woohoo skill. And talking about woohoo skill, do you have any thoughts about it? I mean in cooking skill, you start with mac and cheese and you going to ambrosia, but in the way you learn to cook so many plates. What on earth will be the steps, for the woohoo skill?

Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
  • I hope we see a return of career branching.
  • I hope we see more event variety and better stories for the careers.
  • Career rewards should continue to be interesting, meaningful, and something to work towards. I hope we see reward objects again.
  • I'd like careers to have an impact on the neighborhood. For example, Police arrest criminals and lower crime, Politicians can raise or lower taxes or pass ordinances (old Simcity reference), Doctors actually treat people, and Criminals actually rob people (just combine with burglar NPCs).

This list is amazing - and I think it's very reasonable to expect these features by TS4.

I especially want career branching implemented in every field. That was one of my favourite upgrades in TS3 - but I never understood why they didn't to it for every job!
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karamela131
It will go nice with the woohoo skill. And talking about woohoo skill, do you have any thoughts about it? I mean in cooking skill, you start with mac and cheese and you going to ambrosia, but in the way you learn to cook so many plates. What on earth will be the steps, for the woohoo skill?

...I want that frog as my psychiatrist..

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:11 PM
Yes, career branching should stay and be available for all jobs.
I would also like the option to keep my sim at a certain level of their career, no automatic promotions.
While playing Sims 2 I would often hold back a skill from my sim in the medicine career so he/she could be a nurse. Not every sim should or could reach the top of a career path.

And, for heavens sake, I don't want my macho male sim to become the town stylist. I'd like to choose my sims jobs, I don't want the game doing that for me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:39 PM Last edited by maddy8585 : 1st Jun 2014 at 4:19 PM.
Steps for the woohoo skill.......hmmmmm........maybe the woohoo lasts longer once the skill is built up? Lol 5 mins in time turns to 20!

+ new job idea..... DOG WALKER
-part time playable job (no rabbithole)
-a child, teen career
-would come with pets expansion (or base, read rumours that there may be dogs with base game?)
-you would take your clients dogs for walks obviously, possibly holding 2 leashes with one hand? Being able to walk more than one dog per sim would be awesome!

Imagine.......

Oh! Forgot to mention you would also have to pick up the dog's poop...........
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maddy8585
Steps for the woohoo skill.......hmmmmm........maybe the woohoo lasts longer once the skill is built up? Lol 5 mins in time turns to 20!

+ new job idea..... DOG WALKER
-part time playable job (no rabbithole)
-a child, teen career
-would come with pets expansion (or base, read rumours that there may be dogs with base game?)
-you would take your clients dogs for walks obviously, possibly holding 2 leashes with one hand? Being able to walk more than one dog per sim would be awesome!

Imagine.......

Oh! Forgot to mention you would also have to pick up the dog's poop...........

Well, the good news is dogs in Simland don't poop, so that yucky part of the job needn't concern you. Of course, with the highly advanced new TS4 engine, maybe you can get dog poop as a premium item from the in game store for added realism.

What I want to see is the routing failure of trying to have a sim walk more than one dog at a time on a leash. All while balancing that ubiquitous drink that TS4 sims seem to be obsessed with.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:50 PM Last edited by maddy8585 : 1st Jun 2014 at 5:34 PM.
"For an added touch of realism, you can add dog poop to your experience for 1000 sim points. It's AWESOME and FUN!” said the Sim guru.

Cats puke in sims 3, dogs should poop in sims 4!
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 6:10 PM
Personal assistant for a celebrity. Running errands, taking calls, booking plain tickets.. and witnessing your boss's crazy lifestyle :D
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 11:12 PM
Street performer.
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 7:04 AM Last edited by e.arth : 2nd Jun 2014 at 7:31 AM.
First...

I realy love how I can see Sims leaving their houses and moving to work in The Sims 3, and I don't want that to change.

But it's very annoying when I call to friend and he are ALWAYS working during my free time. So I would like working hours more coincidents between different careers.
Page 1 of 2